EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

+62
Issenkraal
Walker Laocyan
95razor73
WoityuizE
Lord_Lonestar
Red-Indigo
Greyskull
Mudo
Billith
flux
Lumorei
Drew980
MilkAndCookies
Kevin92
MarkyDMan
War
UltimateZob
Dormin
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
stgermaine
world_piece
Iridescence
Illusionary
demonic790
jellyman12
Vereor
Gen
Shiny_Glass
Aieru
Copperlou
Descardion
Shadow
sjhorm
PlasmaManiac
B1ack_Blob
kyle_r93
Aletrius
Trick
ArticShock
Hutch
Shardna
Sakiara
cwar
Vektrix
Zellex
ArsDraconis
SSJ3_Raditz
Blaze
Zaroas
TrickatelFailsAtPasswords
bmpalmann
Icedmask
MetalStarTech
Forti4
TyrannoFan
SuperLoki
Andeavor
LordRemington
geekus_sapiens
LoD
Arkanay
66 posters

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 24 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Andeavor Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:26 pm

I've seen the King's Speech and can only recommend it. I really liked the dynamic between the two leads and the realistic portrayal of the speech disorder he suffered from, and Helena Bonham Carter was just fabulous.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 24 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Arkanay Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:08 am

Gulliver´s Travels is a funny movie. Smile I was entertained by it.

It´s not an epic movie, but it´s quite amusing and comical.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:36 am

After my dental appointment went to see the King's Speech, Excellent movie. Better than The Queen IMO.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 am

I haven't seen The Queen yet but I have it on my list. =/
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by War Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Everyone tells me the King's Speech is good, but the most overrated movie of the past year.
War
War
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Warboss92

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 am

The Qeen isn't bad, just a bit "naive", or at least it's a fairly superficial view of her life. I've yet to see the king's speech, and I don't really want to either.

Anyone seen True Grit? That's a movie I want to see.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:57 am

Yea I did, it's pretty good.
War
War
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:58 am

I wonder what the most entertaining film is in people's opinions.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 am

I still have 2001: A Space Odyssey recorded and waiting to be seen.

From what I´ve learnt from the movie, it seems to be somewhat mind-tripping and only good to watch if you´re truly in the mood for it.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:01 am

Isn't it quite a long film too?
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:45 am

Arkanay wrote:I still have 2001: A Space Odyssey recorded and waiting to be seen.

From what I´ve learnt from the movie, it seems to be somewhat mind-tripping and only good to watch if you´re truly in the mood for it.

It's an excellent movie (two hours long, I think). I think I've watched it like 5-6 times, probably as many as I have There Will Be Blood.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:38 am

Just watched How to Train Your Dragon. Was quite good, cute movie.
War
War
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 am

Yeah, it´s a nice movie. I like it too.

But didn´t you think the voice of the main character was a bit off?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 am

Arkanay wrote:Yeah, it´s a nice movie. I like it too.

But didn´t you think the voice of the main character was a bit off?

He didn't sound as childlike as he should have I'll say.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Or as Viking-ish. Bugged me a bit.
War
War
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:17 am

Just saw 2001: A Space Odyssey.

There may be some spoilers down here:

It was an interesting experience. I thought the movie was well made and managed to pass several "intelligent" messages, mainly in the intro part, the one with the monkeys.

I thought some scenes were too long. At start, the nice music could keep up the interest, but as the movie went on, it started leaning towards being a little too excessive.

The part where the guy approaches Jupiter and starts mind-tripping, seeing all those different colours and patterns, I believe it was too much. I had to "forwind" ( lol ) the movie until the part he's inside that "house". From then on, it was just confusing. I understand the point of the movie was to not really be explained by words, but I honestly couldn't make much sense of it.

I'm now going to read about it on wiki, in order to learn some more.

Edit: Found this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/board/thread/175057556?d=175106592&p=1#175106592
It allows me to have a better perception of the movie.
Also, information on the novel sure helps understand the film better - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001:_A_Space_Odyssey_(novel)#Differences_from_the_film

I've been reading about the sequels and they seem quite interesting too.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:08 am

Heard about that movie, but have yet to see it ark.

I've mentioned that I Watched the lord of the rings trilogy recently. ended up watching twice... now I have the weirdest inclining to watch the Harry Potter movies. Even though I refused to watch the last couple because I didn't like the first one, but then again I didn't like the lord of the rings the first time I watched it.

Should I watch the harry potter movies?
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:14 am

Harry Potter is meh to me, has some good scenes in each of them, but none of them really grab me by the throat, shove my head up to the screen and shout "WATCH!"

2001: A Space Odyssey? Long time since I saw that, I always got nervous I had put in the wrong DVD when the film starts because of the Apes at the beginning (I get the same feeling with Monty Python and The Holy Grail because they show a bit of Dentist on Call first Laughing) From what I remember of 2001 it has an amazing soundtrack, amazing visuals, a decent storyline and an evil computer called HAL.

I'd certainly put it on the list of "Films you MUST see once before you die!"
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:49 am

The part where the guy approaches Jupiter and starts mind-tripping, seeing all those different colours and patterns, I believe it was too much. I had to "forwind" ( lol ) the movie until the part he's inside that "house". From then on, it was just confusing. I understand the point of the movie was to not really be explained by words, but I honestly couldn't make much sense of it.

For me that's the best part of the film - no fancy alien towns or monsters or anything , just the power of colors. You're missing out on quite a lot by not having watched it.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:46 am

I did watch it, Slime.
Only the last 2-3 minutes of it started being too much, so I rolled the film forward, still watching all the colours and such. I did get the main idea of it, though. And as it was said in one of the links I posted, you have to tune to a different wavelength in order to watch this movie properly.

I believe I would have watched it normally if I were alone, but my girlfriend was getting impatient, lol. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:35 am

To be fair, if you haven't read the book you won't understand much. In the book it's much more specific and less abstract.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:41 am

Yeah, I agree. I read the plot of the novel on Wiki and it helped a lot understanding the film. Smile
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:47 pm

I watched Cubrick's Eyes Wide Shut last night. I had watched part of it about half a year ago, and I didn't much like it - but now I realize it's a slightly magical, but deeply humane movie. Really nice.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Needed to have a laugh so I watched the Monty Python : Life of Brian. I don't care how old it is, its still one of the best comedy movies ever. Along with the rest of the monty python movies
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:59 pm

Life of Brian is quite funny. I had a good time watching it. ^^
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next