EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

+6
Goober09
Kevin92
LordRemington
Shardna
Arkanay
Red-Indigo
10 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

Post by Kevin92 Thu May 05, 2011 5:04 am

thx Wink

oh and btw, i saw you online today red, tried to write you some messages and tried to switch to your city, but you were always on a quest and the city was full Very Happy

so i did some jhos today... i try to get the vangis-armour Smile and i helped thomas, do you know this guy from yesterday? i helped him to get a rathian-plate for his rathian-armour. now i need 1 more relict for the helmet Smile

how was your hunterday?^^
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri May 06, 2011 9:08 am

Haha, I saw you in a Jho room so guessed you'd be a little busy ^^ I was was just doing more ians and los for their parts. I need the los+ armour and spike+ for my dober set.

It was okay, except I was with spanish people so didnt know what they were saying Laughing I couldnt stay too long though, so only did 2 ians, 2 los and 1 double trouble.

I went offline today as well and found a rusted lance. I've been playing around with lances and they are a really fun weapon, although hugely different from SnS. They are my new elder dragon killer. I did 3 more ceadeus with my Undertaker Lance, so managed to finish my Ceadeus armour, although its unlikely I'll use it much.

Also finished my Aggy armour, just because I had the parts.

How did helping thomas go? I remember him, he was good, but I saw on his profile that he is an Alt, the other character he has is really High rank!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sat May 07, 2011 12:06 am

it was fun, helped thomas to come up some levels Wink after that he went off and came on again with his HR138 char. we did some jhos together, i did some more jhos yesterday, but i still need 1 more scalp for my helmet -.- but never get one Brick Wall

so it's funny to fight against jho with some HR-guys^^ my fastest jho was 7:39?! lol.... i just stand there like wtf? Shocked
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat May 07, 2011 5:53 am

Wow, 7.39 is very fast! Scalps, I heard, are hard to get> Usually people sleepbomb him for them. Poor Jho ><

Missed you again today, but I had fun doing a few barioths. Nearly got all I need for my nardebosche SnS. Did some aggy and los too. I have my Los+ Helm and I decided Im gonna upgrade the other bits, because it gives a better skill mix.

Had some guy say to me 'Quru armor at HR 46 Q-Q'

I told him, while it didnt have the best defense, it had good skills and 30 fire res for aggy wasnt bad.

He left, saying that he needed to do blos anyway. I was well confused, he seemed annoyed that I had a reason for using peco Laughing
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Sat May 07, 2011 6:15 am

I should try play with you guys again. However I am afraid the weather here might mess up the wi-fi connection. In case that happens, I'll play offline and gather the bits needed for my weapon. By the way what's Diablos's weakness?
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat May 07, 2011 6:30 am

I'm thinking about getting this game. Is it a worthy purchase?
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat May 07, 2011 7:33 am

sjhorm wrote:I'm thinking about getting this game. Is it a worthy purchase?

Considering its only about £17 and that I have gotten well over 200 hours of gameplay out of it so far, I would say so Smile

The only draw backs are region locked online play and possibly that its a game where you have to fail a little before getting somewhere, unlike traditional games where you advance normally. That can be frustrating if you arent used to it.

Other than that it is an extremley fun game to play once you clear the 'tutorial' stages and start to learn about all the enemies.

If you want to see some gameplay I would recommend looking up 'Socialdissonance' on you tube. He has some tutorials on there that might give a better sense of gameplay than other videos.

----------------------

Shardna:

You have rain? We really need some rain, the ground has turned to concrete in our garden and there's cracks in it that I could put my hand in Shocked Pity its messing with your wifi though. Hope it works for you!

*Shudders* Diablos... I hate that thing. It's ice. Although if you only have weak ice weapons, water is a pretty close second, so if theres more raw on your water weps, use them.

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat May 07, 2011 7:39 am

I've been reading some wiki entries on it, looks quite fun.
I'll look to get it when I get some cash.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat May 07, 2011 7:57 pm

The wiki is great for any information on it, in fact I think i'd of given up on getting anywhere if it weren't for the wiki. Its such a complex game!

Let us know if you do get it, then you can share your hunting tiems! awesome

-----------

Ahhh. I really really need moar Los parts. Carapace mainly. Made a nifty set for my los+ armour that gives heat cancel hi, crit eye +2 and I think attack up small, with no negative skills. But I need them parts.

Also getting really frustrated with barioth. I need his claw +'s capturing is the best way of getting them, so did loads of runs on him the other day and got 1 -_- I want my sword!!!

So if either of you need parts from them guys, that's where I'll be for the next couple of days Laughing

Oh and this guy asked if I wanted to joing his clan too. I declined because I don't get the idea of clans, but his clan was named Chuck Norris Clan Laughing
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sat May 07, 2011 8:32 pm

lol, what a clan xD i was in a clan, too! the name was dark claw clan....nothing special Very Happy

i could help you with the parts, oh and i got my jho scalp! Cheers
made the most online quests now, only need 2 more quests and than i completed all online quests Smile only desert jho and the double diablos... god i hate diablos, it's fast, evil and a real bad creature Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat May 07, 2011 10:05 pm

I was wondering, do you guys play with wiimote and nunchuck, or did you opt for the Classic Controller?
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sat May 07, 2011 10:40 pm

i have the black classic controller Wink i'm too lazy to jump with my "wii-mote-sword" in front of my tv Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun May 08, 2011 1:17 am

Interesting question actually.

I think people who have played MH titles before will prefer the classic controller, because obviously the controls are pretty much the same. There's various arguments about what's best.

Basicly, with the CC you have to be a little dexterous, but the commands are somtimes quicker. For example, 'pinging' (sending a little beep to everyone to alert them) is done by pressing - on the CC on the Wiimote its press 2 then - (because - is an attack button on the wiimote)

With the wii mote, camera controls are better, because you move with the nunchuck stick and move the camera with the D-pad. But the commands are a little more fiddly, like tilting the mote a certain way to do different attacks.

It really is personal preference, neither is really more active than the other, I found.

The biggest hurdle in the controls is firstly, the amount of them. Different things for different weapon classes. But most importantly the camera controls, being manual, you have to be comfortable with what you use. I use the wii most often so Im more comfortable with that. If you use PS or Xbox more often, Id choose CC Smile

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun May 08, 2011 1:33 am

Ah, I might just go for the wiimote then.
I don't have a playstation or an xbox, so I think I'll be fine with the remote.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sun May 08, 2011 1:51 am

i have the ps1, ps2 and the ps3 Very Happy so i prefer the cc, if i where you would try the wii-mote and if this don't work, you always can get the cc Wink
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun May 08, 2011 2:05 am

Yup.

I tried playing MH on the PSP, but hated the controls. I think its because my hands are fairly small. I cant get to all the buttons in time Laughing

Although, the wii mote does this annoying thing, where the loading screens reset the mote (for the sensor) and somtimes doesnt recognise theres a nunchuck.

This causes you to either continually scroll through your item menu, run in one direction, stand completley still or twirl on the spot. Funny, but not so much when there is an angry diablos or somthing.

I've only had it happen a couple of time though.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun May 08, 2011 2:15 am

That's a little annoying.
Reminds me of the old N64 controllers.

Sometimes your controller would screw up and you'd have to quickly save your game, quit and unplug the controller.
It was really irritating.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon May 09, 2011 1:12 am

Wow, that is annoying!

Luckily you only have to unplug the nunchuck and put it back in and I think its more of a low battery thing, as since we have had chargers for them it hasnt happened. Its not just MH it did it in either, in FPS it would make you twirl round too.

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon May 09, 2011 1:17 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Wow, that is annoying!

Luckily you only have to unplug the nunchuck and put it back in and I think its more of a low battery thing, as since we have had chargers for them it hasnt happened. Its not just MH it did it in either, in FPS it would make you twirl round too.

Yeah, it usually happened if you moved the joystick during loading. You'd randomly spin in place or scroll through the menu, like you said. It still did it with gamecube, but they fixed it with Wii, gladly.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Mon May 09, 2011 1:51 am

i have no problems with my CC Smile
i bought 2 accumulators for my wii-mote and i bought a loading station for the accumulators, i payed 20 euro and it's great! i can play with accu 1 while accu 2 is loading, when accu 2 is full i can load accu 1.... and when i play 4 hours every day, i only need 1 accu per week! Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon May 09, 2011 1:55 am

Laughing

I have my own wiimote, thats a little smaller than the usual ones. I still need to buy the battery pack for that, when I used the other wiimotes, I used to do that too Very Happy

I have gone through so many batteries though... It's shameful!

Oh and I am going to be on MH in about an hour or so, just in case you wanted to play together?
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon May 09, 2011 2:18 am

I bought a charger about a month after getting my wii.
Still works, too.

EDIT: Gah raeg
I almost won Tri really cheap on ebay but some meany outbid me at the last second. D:
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon May 09, 2011 6:47 am

Awww, that sucks. I hate it when that happens. I bid on MHFreedom Unite, had it for like £2 but someone bid at the last moment for one penny more! Nooooo!

-----

A bit of raeg from me now.

Was online, took forever to find a rathalos room. All I need is 4 carapace and then my set is complete.

Finally got to do HR los and my silly sister starts complaining that Dr.Who is on, so I had to abandon mid quest >.<

The worst part is that it was on record anyway...
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Tue May 10, 2011 2:19 am

oh maybe i could help you Smile got my complete jho armor now and i'm rank 66 Smile will be online this evening Wink
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue May 10, 2011 6:12 am

Congrats on your Jho armour! As well as your rank Very Happy

Unfortunatly I can't go on the wii tonight -_- Sorry!

But if you're on anytime this week and not busy Jho slaying Ill give you a PM Wink
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next