EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

+6
Goober09
Kevin92
LordRemington
Shardna
Arkanay
Red-Indigo
10 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

Post by sjhorm Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:08 pm

I'd actually like to learn the bowgun some time. I think it looks alright, but I can barely afford blademaster armor, I don't want to have to buy gunner armor too.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:34 am

Jeez, no. I have an alt that I somtimes play around with that I have made as bowgunner. The only other time I seriously bowgun is when going into arena. I BG when doing the Wyvern trio, if the other melees.

Its a pain to get all the weaponary and armor, I see BG (if you are primarily a Blademaster) as a secondary goal really, to keep it interesting.

The thing I find frustrating with BG is the evade distance is like really silly and I like to be up close and personal, so I don't really have the right idea of hit it till it dies, don't get hit with the BG.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am

Today I went to a HR Qurupeco city, so I can finish up the armor set. I post a Peco capture quest, and one of the people in the city says, '-_- peco?????'
I reply, "we're in a peco city bro" and he says back, "yeah, but that doesn't mean you only fight peco"

none
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:53 am

Say, anybody here happen to be afraid of Rathian? If so, then be afraid, be very afraid, of...

..."Ancient" Rathian, aka the new Rathi subspecies from Frontier.
Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 19 Unknown_
It's like a way more powerful Rath. And it also has multiple levels of rage, where once it moves up the level it can't move back down to a weaker level. So it basically keeps getting angrier, faster, and overall more dangerous until it is either killed or repelled. Lol, its like fighting an Elder Dragon without fighting an Elder Dragon.
https://youtu.be/8tYC5RIX5a8
https://youtu.be/S3B-XUnJ9Ko
Fun. Razz Just too bad it (and a whole bunch of other neat monsters) are in Japan-only games.

Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, Frontier also has a new Raviente subspecies. All the enormity of a Raviente, except more agressive and with a selection of new attacks.
https://youtu.be/AUqq3_DcVi4
Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 19 RaviSub3
Alright, so anyone here game to try and take down that thing (assuming Frontier was actually more accessible)? Razz

Incidentally, all three new critters intoduced in MHFo Season Forward 1 have base species that start with the letter R (Rukodiora, Raviente, and now Rathian). lol
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Do you have Tri, Dino?
I'd love to play with you sometime. Smile

That ancient Rathian is scary...Do not want D:
Raviente looks awesome, I wish I could fight him.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:11 am

Very Happy Dino! Lol, gotta love those Ravi. I'd totally be game to take him on, looks like a fun and highly ragequit worthy fight. I really do hope there is more support for the MH series over in US and EU soon.

Ancient Rathian is amazing Very Happy i've always like the various subspecies of Ian, she is sort of the flagship for the whole franchise in a way. The flame wyverns in general are I guess, so this is a well deserved upgrade. But... Imagine an Ancient Los. Lol no.

On the R thing, the official MHP3rd has a whole lot of R monsters, I guess he is just on an R spree.

And hahaha, your Peco story SJ XD I hate people who do that, especially when they are trying to act like you are the one being noob. Did you get your armor? I actually like HR Peco, because you can always let him call Jho for a laugh. Peco dies quite quick anyway so it's not an issue usually.

I remember the first time I did HR peco. I solo'd it (knowing full well jho could show, but planned to just sonic the call) I had LR Ice SnS and it took me like 30 mins XD Worse thing is Jho did show because I messed up my sonic and I was overly cocky and slashed at him.

After the shoulder barge across area 2 and a ride on the kitty cart, I wasnt so confident with him Laughing
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:13 am

lol, we taunt jho all the time
jho dropped in on a Peco cap quest, and we stayed in the same area as him the whole fight

u mad jho?
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:30 pm

U mad Jho? Come at me Jho! Oh base camp...

Hehe, I miss the days of being scared of him and running round aimlessly when he appeared. Now days I take as much notice of him as I would an Ian dropping in.

I did find it funny when I did the hunt 25 Jaggia quest. I did it with some randoms and Jho appeared as usual. I typed in, '2 show up' and the response was LOL. 'No, really 2 show up...' Cool story -_-

Five mins later... AHHH 2 JHOS! I found it funny.

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:17 am

lol I've never gotten two jhos before. But I think Blos is just as bad on a Peco quest. "I TROLL U LOL" Blos is worse than Jho, because Jho is pretty easy to see (big green dinosaur rawr) but Blos is underground most of the time. -___-
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 am

Lol, 2 Jhos are fun. They only appear at the 20 minute mark or somthing though.

Blos. Yes, she is the most annoying. Everytime in the sandy plains, she makes me jump outta my skin as I hear here burst out. Not to mention I have a little fear of Blos anyway. Recently me and my lance have been getting over that though. Sheild bash to face followed by reverse step to counter FTW. I have found this does not work on multiplayer, especially with a LS user -_-

'You have no skills, are you a LS user?' Laughing
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:02 am

sjhorm wrote:Do you have Tri, Dino?
I'd love to play with you sometime. Smile

That ancient Rathian is scary...Do not want D:
Raviente looks awesome, I wish I could fight him.

Ah, unfortunately I don't at the moment much as I wish I did.

Red-Indigo wrote:
Ancient Rathian is amazing Very Happy i've always like the various subspecies of Ian, she is sort of the flagship for the whole franchise in a way. The flame wyverns in general are I guess, so this is a well deserved upgrade. But... Imagine an Ancient Los. Lol no.

Lol yeah, the two Raths have always been flagship beasts for the series. Certainly some of the first critters I think of when I think of MH, not to mention they are the only boss monsters to exist in all three generations, along with Diablos. Ancient Los would be kinda cool except would probably look too similar to Ian.

Lol Blos sounds annoying. Bet its pretty annoying too if you're trying to fight him and there are a bunch of other monsters too. Back in some of the earlier gens sometimes you'd be hunting Blos and then get mobbed by some Genprey. Not sure if any of the minion monsters do that too often now though.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Me and my cousin did some arena 'gunning' the other day. Until we both picked bowgun on a Lagi quest. D: It was painful. Two bowgun noobs underwater against a super fast monster.

Then we got rid of some of the sting on a Qurupeco. But still.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:28 pm

2 month without playing now! i have no time anyomore affraid
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:42 pm

@ Dino:

Yeah, I love the raths. They aren't to OP so you get to love em. UGH, genprey. They had pretty simple AI, as in, Oh look lets just attack you. Oh you had an egg? Oh I smashed you into that lazor beam? Nevermind.

Luckily the Jaggi, Baggi and Jaggia have much more complex AI now, so you can ward them off by killing a few or having a torch. They also stay put if Blos or somthing big comes along. They attack rathian somtimes too, which is a useful distraction Razz

But blos, out of all the monsters, is the one I fear the most. More than Jho even. Blos always shows up when I really don't need it. Blos is a troll.

@ SJ: haha n00b gunning. Im terrible at BG. Especially underwater, the deviation is not great with the sets they give you on that arena either. Luckily the peco made up for it with you guys.

I love playing MH with relatives. My little sister is ok, we've only got up to barroth on Arena though, she chickened. Although she did Gaan with me. My little bro (who is like 6) killed a couple of Jagi and Peco, but considering his age, he found it more funny to blow me up XD My mum... well she likes to run round slash drawing. Once she gets into it, shes ok, but its always pretty funny. Especially when peco puts her on fire.

@Kevin: Yeah... I am really really rusty. I popped on quickly the other day, only offline (thankfully) and had to remind myself of some of the controls XD

I still can't get bari claw+, which is putting me off I guess. I suppose give it a month or so and I'll be back into it. Really want to get at least one Ala wep before the servers shut!

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19