EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

+6
Goober09
Kevin92
LordRemington
Shardna
Arkanay
Red-Indigo
10 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

Post by kyle_r93 Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:30 am

Ah that sucks.. Oh well, I may get the game some time this summer.
kyle_r93
kyle_r93
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : kyle_r93

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kyle_r93

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:08 am

Yeah, it does suck. I guess its Nintendos fault for being so closed off. The PSP games are probably better for meeting up, but waaay less reliable connection wise.

Still, you can post here and everything, even if you don't have the game and just want to find out some more stuff. Always happy to talk MH Wink

EDIT:

rather than double post.

Today I played with a random that was somehow on my friend list. I did loads of HR Great jaggi to help him get some bird wyvern Gems. I got 2 myself. We then did some arena, the wyvern trio. The only weapon Ive ever used in those set ups is the lance, so I felt a little inept, but we did it fairly quickly and I learnt a bit about handling the lance.

Then I went to grind some HR and ended up doing the mercy mission event quest, which was easy. They then put up 'speak of the Deviljho' I said I was too noob and that I would die ect ect. But they persuaded me to do it even though my weaponary is sub par.

Well, I broke his face and did a little bit of damage, but for the most part I ran round healing/buffing everyone (Peco FTW) I was eaten once, but didnt die. Unfortunatly, we didnt succeed because there were 3 carts (my healing was not enough Laughing ). But I didnt die Very Happy It was still a very noobish performance though, I was very scared and did minimal damge with my LS. Next time I will bring my trusty SnS.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:41 am

crats on your first real meeting with jho Very Happy sry but i have not much time at the moment so i can't be online Sad
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:46 am

Don't worry! Its fine, I was just on for a little bit while I had nothing better to do XD

Jho was horrible, in the sense that I felt so useless! It was great fun to actually try and fight him though and I cant wait untill I have armour and weapons that dont suck Razz

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:14 am

yeah, the first jho is hard, but when the time is right you'll kick his a** off^^
i'm no more afraid of jho...it's more like a real challange to fight against a strong monster like him! the only monster what i'm damn affraid of is and will always be Alatreon! affraid it will always creep me to hell Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:50 am

Laughing Yeah, I kinda like jho, he's cool in a wierd, angry way.

Gonna farm for dragonbone relic when Im soloing online, the easy way though. That way facing Jho and Ala will be easy peasy. Or somthing.

Found some interesting videos, with all the things that can go wrong in tri, since my video posting still isnt working, I'll just give you the linkage:

MH misadventures
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:01 am

Managed to convince my wi-fi to work for me (yay!). I'm going to be on it until half four. So I'm hoping to team up with either Indy or Kevin by then cause I'm not going to be on again later on cause I'm going to be away for today and won't be back until tomorrow. Also I'm now ranked 40. Very Happy
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:12 am

you'll be online at half 4? ok that will be half 5 in germany...will be online, too! Wink

oh and red-indigo very nice hunter-videos! the idea with the lance against the cute baby uragaan is epic Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:35 am

Thanks for playing with me guys it was awesome. Sorry about me getting disconected during that Aggy mission. My wi-fi's power went off on me but I'm sure we'll get that Aggy the next time round. When we went on that Jumping for Jaggi mission, I kept hitting the kegs by accident while trying to hit G.Jaggi. XD Also that was fun seeing someone flying off. I can't remember who went flying though. Anyway great fun together non the less and Kevin when I ment until half four I ment I'll be finished playing at half four Razz . Hope you took care of Aggy.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:40 am

Aww, shard pity about your Wifi. It was actually kevins brother who was playing with us then, but we abandoned because I thought you might be back XD Next time Aggy is ours!

It was fun doing the baggis and jaggis, although I must say I was not on top form today. It was really wierd, but things just werent working for me. Like the first baggi we did, I'd been harvest touring before, so had forgotten hot drinks, whetstones and energy drinks XD Plus the sun was really bright on the TV screen so when we were in the cave I couldnt see a thing, so sorry if I tripped you.

Oh and thanks for the Bubble fountain, I was just giving you that guildie because I have one already and thought you might like it Smile

Afterward I tried the arena with Kevins bro, but I stupidly chose bowgun, forgetting barioth. He carted me a good 4 times, doh! So Kevin, please apologise to your brother for my poor performance XD Next time I will lance.

When Kevin showed up we did baggi and then tried to do gigginox. I had Explorer so I netted some dragonbone relics. I looked for kevin but somehow he DC'd on the way in XD So rather than abandon I deliberatly let nox kill me, just so I could keep my 3 Dragonbone Relics XD

I then went to Kevin's house and looked at all his puurdy decors. Next time I get a Jhen Horn I will give it to you kevin! We also worked out how to talk to people in the tavern from the quest and vice a versa on a wii mote. Its 2,2 then 1, now I can stop ignoring the messages I get in quest Laughing

If Tho shows up again (I think I know him from helping with his urgent) I have a good game we can play, if there are four of us. That will make double Jaggi more interesting...

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:50 am

Oh well never mind about me saying you guys taking on Aggy then. Dragon Relics? Where did ya get them? They sound really nice. Your welcome on the bubbley fountain and also I already have a red gulidie so I sold the one you gave me for some pocket money still thanks for that. I can't believe your already a 42 ranked. I gotta catch up to you so that were even lol. XD
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:04 am

Lol XD I thank Kevin for that, we have been grinding stuff a lot lately, but tis good we are all sort of equal, well not kevin XD Means we can tackle our urgents together hopefully.

Dragon Bone Relics are a rare item, found in special bone piles. The way they are usually obtained is in a 6* Deviljho Quest, when he breaks the barrier in area 1 of the tundra to the super secret base. Barioth can also break it, but its hard to get him to area 1, let alone break it. If you get Felyne Explorer and do a hunt quest (not harvest tour) in the tundra you can collect them from the not so secret area you land in. About 3 per run.

They are used to make Dober Armour, which has the best resistance to thunder and dragon, ideal for alatreon. I've been donning leather armour to up my chances of getting more when I land there and collecting the pieces, dropping a pitfall for barioth and ending via the pitfall trap , subquest. I really want that armour.

Glad you got somthing out of the guildie, I just tend to hoard things, I have a load of weapons from rust shards that I never use or sell XD

EDIT: Oh I'm 43 at then end of today Wink

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:16 am

my brother saaid it's no problem that you died so often in the arena Wink oh and thx for looking for a jhen horn Smile bone relicts are very rare! i needed 5 of them for the epitarph... you also can get them when you do a HR quest and you start luckily on the secret place in the tundra Wink

oh btw....have you ever got something from this "special place" which is in every country? in the desert the place is in the cave, in the tundra it's ...i think in area 1 in the vulcano it's in the forest in the flooded forest it's i think in...9? and in the moga-forrest it's in the felyne-cave Wink what is this secret place?
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:44 am

Yeah, there are 'secret' areas in every country. In the volcano there is a rare ore mining spot and bug spot. In the desert theres a mining spot and in the deserted island there is a mining spot and bugs. In the tundra there is a mining spot and a bone pile as well as bugs. You can find about 3 relics there. They just give you the 'rare' items that you find in that country more frequently. So in D.Island you get thunder bugs and carbalite ore, in the volcano rust shards, dragonite ore and hercudromes and so on.

You can only get there in HR quests by explorer or luck. Even though they are in those areas Smile

The Relic bone trick I am referring to is waiting for the food skill explorer, grabbing my leather armour and doing the 5* Barioth quest. When you land there with leather armour you are guarunteed 3 dragonbone relic Very Happy Then, rather than wasting time trying to die and lose points, or trying to kill barioth just drop a pitfall trap, trap him and because this is the subquest leg it back to camp and exit Via Subquest. You could sweep the other areas for ore as well if you wanted to. I just grabbed my relic on the nox quest XD

Doing that saves waiting for 6* quests where you need Jho to get the relics or waiting for pure luck.

Also, the other 'secret base' area I am on about is in area 2 there are all those branches. Thats where devil Jho breaks into when he is near to death or if barioth is raging around there. In there you can get alot of relic, thats if Jho don't get you first Wink You cant get there any other way.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:52 am

no i don't mean the secret mining spots in the HR quests!^^ what i mean are the places where often stands a tent, but if you're searching for something you get the message "You found nothing"....
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am

Oh! The cat things.

Yeah, they are used for when the cats steal items from you. You can recover them there if you dont kill the cat before they run off. You can recover other peoples stuff too, either to give back or just steal Laughing

Umm, yeah the little cave in D.Island, area 6 in sandy plains, area 2 in tundra and area 1 in volcano. I don't think I've ever realised the one in flooded forest.

But yeah, thats what they are for, getting your stuffs back.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:01 am

oh ok! thank you! i was always so angry cause the melynx stole all my portions Very Happy ok now i know where i can get them back Smile
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:06 am

You're welcome. Somtimes you have to wait a long time, like 5 or 10 minutes.

If you get them stolen, somtimes its better to just go to camp for meds or ask someone for some. Other wise, its handy to know.

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Anyone up for some fun this evening? I will be on from six till eight o clock. Let's hunt Aggy and hopefuly my wi-fi won't run out of power while were doing the mission this time. I really need to upgrade my long sword flame, it has the weakest fire damage ever. The same with Tenbra though at least that one is a little stronger then my long sword flame. Boy I have a lot to do..^^'
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Oh Im away this weekend Sad Would have loved to join in. Im sure Kevin will assist you though, let me know how it goes Very Happy

You should work on getting the agnaktor fire sword. I upgraded my wyvern blade but realised if you have the agnaktor sword, there isnt really any point to the wyvern series. Im still colelcting them though ^^

Do you know what I really want? That fake gun lance, I forget its name, but its so puurdy! I got 3 of the incomplete plans you need for it from doing the event quest 'blood sport' with Kevins brother the other night. Need 2 more and then its mine! I really want tenebra too, in fact I want to collect all of the quest weapons :3

Im working on getting my Dober armour so I need to do Lagi, Gobul and rathian lots. My, we will be busy bees shardna! Smile

-----------------

Well last night I did lots and lots of barioth. Low and high rank. I need to upgrade my icicle spike to Nardebosche, but still didnt get the parts I need.

I was playing with Kevins brother, which was fun. We did one quest where gigginox turned up while fighting an enraged barioth, it was fun but very very hard work. They ganged up on us!

Did a few diablos, nothing special. Did aggy too and I got 3 claws! Its better to kill him and carve the claws, I've found, rather than trapping and hoping they are in the rewards.

I also made HR 44 last night! Hurray! Although I really don't have the range of armour and weapons I'd like to have at this stage, so Ala is gonna have to wait a long time to nom me.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Sun May 01, 2011 7:51 am

That's a shame but have a nice time with your weekend. Kevin couldn't come on so I played solo online for a bit. Then I did offline and try the hunt diablos mission. At one point when I waited for that thing to charge into the wall, Cha Cha is mad at that point he attacked the monster's horns and he busted it up completly! Sheesh I think Cha Cha will be just as strong like me one day. O-o Had to finish it by subquest cause I couldn't find the blumming thing.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Mon May 02, 2011 5:38 am

sorry shard, hadn't time at the weekend to play MH3 Wink i have to learn for my examens on 18. of may! but my brother is very often online in the last days, his name is Xeron and he's HR76...i think^^ maybe you could level a bit with him Wink
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Mon May 02, 2011 7:46 pm

I don't mind playing with him and goodluck with your exams. I might be on at either 1 or 3 o clock and maybe again at 7 or 8 o clock. I need to get my Tenbra weapon upgraded. I just need dark metal, Amber Tusks+ and Sturdy Fangs+. Wish me luck on getting those things. ^^'
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Tue May 03, 2011 6:53 am

didn't see you today! i was online in the afternoon, did a low rank rathian with a HR15 guy and tried a jho with some HR50 players...but they were to low, they died all three at once Shocked

went offline after that, cause i haven't found another good jho-server -.-
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed May 04, 2011 6:20 am

Good luck in your exams Kevin Very Happy

Oh shardna, I need Barioth parts and I would like to start farming Jhen+ for his armour too, so I think we have somthing we could work toward together Smile I also really want the tenebra, so want to do Cold Call a few times, if you are up for it sometime?

----------------

Today I played for a short while with Kevin. Low rank stuff (next time I'll change to recruiting server) Then we tried High rank ian.

The first run was a mess lol. The ian was Huuuuuge. Kevin got in a sticky situation and carted, I didnt realise the second time and so completley ignored that I should heal him or somthing >.< then as I was about to cap ian, blos, who was chasing us the whole time, burst right up underneath me, just after the first tranq. I died. Laughing

We then did one in D.Islan and Jho arrived. I got pinned in the corner by the entrance to area 8 by him and rathian. FUN. I died again. I was only gonna walk with her egg to get her away from Jho, but the Jho he say no.

Still didnt get my ian spike+'s either. Was good fun though ^^ even if I did have to leave suddenly, sorry kevin!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next