EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

+6
Goober09
Kevin92
LordRemington
Shardna
Arkanay
Red-Indigo
10 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

Post by Red-Indigo Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:44 am

@kevin: Mah wii is still disagreeing with the wifi lol, but I think I can make some time to try and get on tomorrow Very Happy Will be really good to go on the hunt again! Although I will be rusty, considering my break from it, so forgive me Wink

@SJ: Personally I would go for the Ingot. I remember when I was playing through the offline it was almost a staple for me when coming up against flying creatures. Especially Bari, because that little flinch you get from the wind may only be for a second, but he's so damn fast, it really counts.

Plus he likes to hover around you, flapping his big old wings a lot. If you bring Icethaw pellets with you the ice res shouldnt be too much of an issue either Very Happy

In short, yes!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:00 am

ok indi, hope we can play together soon Smile
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:38 am

I need to play monster hunter today. @__@
My cousin has made me play Smash Bros. Brawl with him for three weeks straight and that makes for no hunting of monsters...

EDIT:
Well, today was the free-for-all Jhen Mohran day. I tried him twice, and both times we lost because of uncooperative people. The first was partially my fault, as I didn't know what to do, but the 2nd...This guy came in and fainted twice, used all the buttons, and then when the one guy found out the Dragonator was used, he and his buddy quit the quest leaving me and the doofus in it, and we tried our best to beat him off, but we lost.
Then, while we were doing it without them, we had the elitist jerks calling us names while in the lobby, which we can read...
meanyfaces
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Oh my. Jhen Morhan.

He's easily one of the most frustrating quests because it relies so heavily on teamwork, you have to be extremley skilled to do it with even 2 people. Not to mention there are very few prompts for people who are just starting to fight him. I remember the first time I tried him, running around pretty aimlessly and getting hit by rocks XD

The elitists really get on my nerves. Its just a game at the end of the day and for most 'elitists' they don't lose points, so why get stressed out? I had this one guy telling us we would lose and we were all idiots because this other guy had pulled the nator too soon (despite me using endgame weapons on a LR Jhen). We cleared the quest, but he was still in a rage.

Keep looking, if you find the right team jhen is a pretty fun fight, even if it is a bit lolwut to begin with!

The only thing I will say on how to fight him is, Social Dissonance, Jhen tutorial. That is all Smile

---

Went on for the first time in ages. I missed kevin though, which I was sad about as I was looking foward to playing Sad Oh well, maybe soon!

Why is it so hard to find decent HR Barioth teams? The first room I opened up took ages to get anyone and then they wanted to do LR. Rather than argue I left to find a 40+ room and hope for a barioth. We set out on one quest and this one guy triple carted. I don't care, but its frustrating me that I can't find anyone to do barioth with! I only need 4 claws!

Plus, I was rusty. I got fairly annoyed with myself for jump drawing instead of running XD Must... Practice... More... Razz

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Actually lol, they called us idiots too. XD and I was doing most things right because of Shepard's Jhen tutorial. Although the first time we went with a guy that was kind of disappointed that we missed the Dragonator, but he was more nice about it and then we did my Lagi urgent. Smile
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:23 am

Haha, what don't they get? It's obvious they are the ones being idiots by getting so stressed out by it. It is annoying if you have people that you have told, let me do the nator or somthing and then they race to it anyway, but you know, no one is perfect.

I don't mind people being dissapointed or somthing, thats natural. Most people are ok with it, we all have to go through that 'Oh my gawd, giant sand whale, what do I do!?' phase somtime. Luckily there are a few plyers that get that, but there are some real jerks out there too XD

Actually, I think the US servers are probably worse, I've heard more negative things from american players than I have EU/AUS players. Which is odd, I guess because its more popular in the US than the EU.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 am

There's not many mean people, but they're there.

I have some free time, and I need to decide between the newest SD podcast or farming Rathalos for Flame Sacs and parts.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 pm

Hmmm, difficult decsion. Either is going to be helpful Razz To be honest I have missed a few of the SD casts for a while, so Im going to make some time to catch up soon.

---

Yesterday I went on for a very little while, singleplayer. I managed to do the two barioth quest, so thats out the way now Very Happy I still have the double diablos quest to do though *shudders*

On the upside, I was rusty but I picked it up again quite quickly so good to know I still got it... what ever 'it' is.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:03 pm

hey guys i'll be online tonight!^^ i have shiftwork so i have to work in the afternoon -.-
if you want you can see me online at 22 o'clock eurosporetime Wink
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:22 am

I was busy today. Smile
Found a good group of hunters and fought tons of monsters.
We did the Phantom Uragaan quest, which wasn't so hard since his hitbox was so tiny. I felt sorta bad lol XD
We also did a Barioth, which is odd, because I haven't fought one single player yet. It died in 6:47 XD I love those overpowered weapons
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Lol overpowered weapons Very Happy

Hehe I love the minigaan, the music is awesome. Its alot of fun to lance him, as he can hardly hit you from that distance and although I do feel bad because he is so small and cute, I laugh so much when doing it.

Congrats on the Bari. How did you find it? It'll be harder offline because he'll be focusing on you only Razz 6:47 is a pretty good time XD

@Kevin: Sorry, I wasnt around, the TV is usually taken at that time... I'll see if I can get on at somepoint this weekend though Very Happy
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:32 am

I fought Barioth offline. 18:52, which is still not that bad, but he totally trashed me. I ate ALL my potions, including two max potions, and he still killed me once. I fought another online today, and it was a little more fair.

Today was the battle of the monsters I wasn't ready for.

We fought a Rathalos, which almost killed me, two Diablos, one of which killed me twice, (it was a smaller one), an Uragaan, (surprisingly easy) and a Barioth. I felt bad, because the other guy had just fainted and I killed it while he was in base camp, so he got no carves. Sad
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:46 am

Thats a nice time Very Happy Especially so for the first offline fight.

Lol Diablos. I hate blos. The first online one I did was a gold crown. I was not happy.

Yeah Uragaans seem really scary but once you figure out the roll they aren't too bad, mainly because they are so slow when not rolly pollying.

D'aww don't worry everyone does that at least once. It is annoying for the other person but at least they still get rewards. Which no one gets if you fail. I did it when I was helping some LR people, two died from a barroth charge and I accidently front slashed and killed the thing... oops.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:25 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Thats a nice time Very Happy Especially so for the first offline fight.

Lol Diablos. I hate blos. The first online one I did was a gold crown. I was not happy.

Yeah Uragaans seem really scary but once you figure out the roll they aren't too bad, mainly because they are so slow when not rolly pollying.

D'aww don't worry everyone does that at least once. It is annoying for the other person but at least they still get rewards. Which no one gets if you fail. I did it when I was helping some LR people, two died from a barroth charge and I accidently front slashed and killed the thing... oops.

Heh although it's sorta mean, I laughed when he died because we were in area 6, with the platform, and Barioth charged and smashed the guy off the platform and he died in the air. XD
Uragaan is actually pretty fun, his attacks are just really slow. Don't underestimate his hitbox, because it's really pretty huge with that big tail of his.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:47 am

Yes the hitbox... the first few times I fought him I was diving around like a loon trying to avoid that. Im glad they sorted the hitbox issues out though, the previous games that would have been impossible to do on.

I found out with gaan its much much easier to get in under him so you are in his hitbox and slash away. The only evade you have to do then is a roll if he is about to superfart, chinsmash or roll.

XD that sounds hilarious. I love all the stupid ways you can die on MH. Like for example, fighting Aggy one time. I was ontop of the volcano area where he goes to rest and had no cool drinks (maaagmaaa) and was pretty low on health. I ran over to where you can jump down to area 5 and to heal.

Just as I was doing the arms up thing, Aggy ploughed into my back, knocking me over the edge and stopping the heal... I died but I didnt care because it was so funny seeing me flying over the edge so suddenly XD

The best is still when Shepard gets the rock flung at him though Laughing
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:54 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Yes the hitbox... the first few times I fought him I was diving around like a loon trying to avoid that. Im glad they sorted the hitbox issues out though, the previous games that would have been impossible to do on.

I found out with gaan its much much easier to get in under him so you are in his hitbox and slash away. The only evade you have to do then is a roll if he is about to superfart, chinsmash or roll.

XD that sounds hilarious. I love all the stupid ways you can die on MH. Like for example, fighting Aggy one time. I was ontop of the volcano area where he goes to rest and had no cool drinks (maaagmaaa) and was pretty low on health. I ran over to where you can jump down to area 5 and to heal.

Just as I was doing the arms up thing, Aggy ploughed into my back, knocking me over the edge and stopping the heal... I died but I didnt care because it was so funny seeing me flying over the edge so suddenly XD

The best is still when Shepard gets the rock flung at him though Laughing

Hey guys, what happens when you go in the water?
Hey, he can't hit me*FWUMP*
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Haha, Jho is so like 'ORLY?'

It was such perfect timing.

I love it when monsters do that, although I do feel they cheat a little somtimes. Like on this one hunt, it was a rathian, a guy went into the water to heal and she managed to fireball him through the water. I lol'd but the other guy raged.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:35 am

Shepard asked me to make him a wallpaper after I posted the Diablos sig on his forum.

EEEEEEE! *faints*
haha
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:00 pm

sjhorm wrote:Shepard asked me to make him a wallpaper after I posted the Diablos sig on his forum.

EEEEEEE! *faints*
haha

EEEEEEE!

I bet you'll get a mention Very Happy I bet you will. Make it, do it, it'll be on the podcast. DOO EET. /girly squeal

But seriously, that's pretty cool. Get to work SJ!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:51 am

lol Barroth hates me
I was helping some people do a Barroth (it felt very pro to be the helper guy)
and Barroth smashed me into the ground various times until if I got hit one more time I would die. I used my Ancient Potion. Barroth sensed this, ran towards me, charged me twice, smashed me into the ground, and started to shake off mud. If I had gotten hit with the mud I would've died. Barroth had done the same thing to me the first time.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 am

barroth hates me, too! and i hate it Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 am

I haz a question.

What do you use lagiacrus plates for?
I have a couple, and I don't see anything I can use them on.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Ugh barroth. I have a lot of fun fighting him but he hates on everyone! Those headsmash mud shake combos are evil.

Lagi plates. Hold onto them you will need them and they are kinda hard to get. You'll need them for some armour pieces, including high rank forges/upgrades and they are also used in some of the better weaponary. So yeah, just keep 'em safe Smile
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:01 am

Went volcano mining today. Got 5 Adv Armor spheres in a row. Smile
No Rustshards though. Sad But oh well.

Now to work so I can get the Barioth Lance. I already have the sword, but I want the lance for Blos.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:22 am

Yay armour spheres Very Happy The rustsshards will come, wait till High Rank, lol, then they rain on you.

I only ever lance Blos now... unless I'm up for being a human tennis ball. Good luck with getting the parts for it! You have to love the good old Barioth.

---

I think I'm gonna go play some MH actually, its been a while since I've done it for any length of time and everyone is going to bed so, free TV yay! Very Happy

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next