EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terraria

+14
Arkanay
Xaesheir
Lord_Lonestar
LordRemington
sjhorm
ultimateplay91
Damnagoras
MilkAndCookies
Vago
Trick
kyle_r93
TyrannoFan
Red-Indigo
LoD
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Terraria  - Page 5 Empty Re: Terraria

Post by sjhorm Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 am

Arkanay wrote:And after you get 3 vines, 30 Jungle Roses and a Grappling Hook, you can make an Ivy Whip. Razz

Heh yes
It still works as a Grappling Hook, but it has multiple hooks, and longer range.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:58 am

I'll remember to do that, Thanks sj. Though I haven't been fortunate to find a skeleton that has a hook yet. Killed tons of them but none have dropped any hooks confused

Finally finding some decent stuff. Managed to go from only having 6 hearts to basically the two rows of hearts filled in an hour. Got lucky and all the hearts were fairly close together.

Also found some double jump potion and the enchanted boomerang. The double jump thing is helpful. Can finally jump off as high a things as I want so long as I time the second jump right.

Also finally beat the eye of Cthulhu. Now to move onto the next bosses, from which I know are even harder none .
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 am

You can get hooks from Piranhas too. Razz

Just keep potions with you at all times. They can be quite useful when you fight bosses, especially if things become too hard.

I would suggest getting a Grappling Hook before facing Eater of Worlds, since you need to go down chasms to destroy the orbs in order to summon it. Or you can get the Demonite pick and mine your way down there. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:16 am

Arkanay wrote:You can get hooks from Piranhas too. Razz

Just keep potions with you at all times. They can be quite useful when you fight bosses, especially if things become too hard.

I would suggest getting a Grappling Hook before facing Eater of Worlds, since you need to go down chasms to destroy the orbs in order to summon it. Or you can get the Demonite pick and mine your way down there. Razz

Killed plenty of piranha too, but still no hooks Sad and I always have a healthy supply of potions on me. Had about 50 before fighting the eye of cthulhu.

Urgh wish I could find just one hook. Would make things a lot easier for me. Want a demonite pick too, but if I'm not mistaken to get it I also need shadow scales, and the only place to get those is from the eater of worlds.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:18 am

Ah, then the hook is a must before taking the worm down. Razz

I died many times the first time I faced it but was eventually able to kill it, as it just lurked around my respawn point. If you're persistent, that should be enough. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:06 am

[quote="LordRemington"]
Arkanay wrote:Urgh wish I could find just one hook. Would make things a lot easier for me. Want a demonite pick too, but if I'm not mistaken to get it I also need shadow scales, and the only place to get those is from the eater of worlds.

Scales are only needed for armour.

And pick and hammer. The rest of the tools don't need scales.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:19 am

Hmm, according to the wiki, it requires shadow scales to produce the nightmare pickaxe --> http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Pickaxe

Only the sword, bow and hammer are made out of demonite bars alone.

And there's something not quite right with the above quote. ;P
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 am

TyrannoFan wrote:
Arkanay wrote:Urgh wish I could find just one hook. Would make things a lot easier for me. Want a demonite pick too, but if I'm not mistaken to get it I also need shadow scales, and the only place to get those is from the eater of worlds.

Scales are only needed for armour.

And pick and hammer. The rest of the tools don't need scales.
Yeah, you tell Arkanay Razz

and yar I looked up the wiki for it. Pain in the rear end though that I need shadow scales. Still not confident I'd be able to beat the eater of worlds just yet. Only need a few more heart crystal till I have max health. I need better weapons. So far really the best I've got is my gold broad sword and my enchanted boomerang. Neither of which are actually that good.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 am

I have decided to be a 'Wizard' for a while in Terraria. I'm currently wearing a Robe and a Mime Mask as vanity items (molten armour under), since I haven't acquired the Wizard's Hat yet. (I killed Tim some time ago but the hat fell in the lava ><)

I use the spells Demon Scythe, Flamelash and Flower of Fire. It is fun, but I would like to see some more attention dedicated to Magic in this game. Smile
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:33 am

Finally found a gun and got the merchant. Now to figure out how to summon the eater of world.

I know you've got to destroy those shadow orb things, but they are often hard to get to as some are surrounded by that ebonstone stuff which can't be mined without a nightmare pickaxe. Annoyance. Also looking to give multiplayer a try, but don't know any servers. Seems like the same deal as minecraft.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:42 am

Arkanay wrote:I have decided to be a 'Wizard' for a while in Terraria. I'm currently wearing a Robe and a Mime Mask as vanity items (molten armour under), since I haven't acquired the Wizard's Hat yet. (I killed Tim some time ago but the hat fell in the lava ><)

I use the spells Demon Scythe, Flamelash and Flower of Fire. It is fun, but I would like to see some more attention dedicated to Magic in this game. Smile

Do I have permission to post the picture of gandalf smoking his pipe? Razz

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:29 am

Is there any specific height you find sky islands? I've been searching everywhere, but can't find one. Not sure if I'm searching too high or too low.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vultrio Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:26 am

It depends on the size of the map, on large maps it's about 700 above sea lvl.

Easiest way to find one is get a gun and fire meteor bullets at the sky above you while walking along the land. If a bullet returns then congratz, it bounced off a floating island Smile
Vultrio
Vultrio

Male
Spore Name : Vultrio

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:28 am

A good way to find floating islands is to create small maps and then travel the screen from one side to the other. There are good chances you'll come across a fairly large selection of wall blocks above water at some point and there's usually an island on top, as in, they "released" from the ground and went up so there are these "fragments" behind. If you can't find it, just create another one. Razz Worked for me.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:30 am

Yeah. I'd heard that if there is gold or iron on the surface of the ground, then a floating island is normally directly above. Unfortunately there was gold somewhere on the surface of my world, but I mined it before I knew that and now have no idea where the spot was Unsure

Was hoping to find the one on my main world so I could build a mighty castle upon it, but I've been building a skybridge at the right height for ages now and coming up with nothing. Too lazy to keep building it for now so I'll just make a new map and try my luck there.

Thanks for the tips Thumbs Up
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vultrio Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:50 am

Had the same idea about making a castle on a floating Island but decided to go one step further.

I made a large floating Island out of copper bricks that shall soon have a great cathedral on it Very Happy
Vultrio
Vultrio

Male
Spore Name : Vultrio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum