EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

+62
Issenkraal
Walker Laocyan
95razor73
WoityuizE
Lord_Lonestar
Red-Indigo
Greyskull
Mudo
Billith
flux
Lumorei
Drew980
MilkAndCookies
Kevin92
MarkyDMan
War
UltimateZob
Dormin
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
stgermaine
world_piece
Iridescence
Illusionary
demonic790
jellyman12
Vereor
Gen
Shiny_Glass
Aieru
Copperlou
Descardion
Shadow
sjhorm
PlasmaManiac
B1ack_Blob
kyle_r93
Aletrius
Trick
ArticShock
Hutch
Shardna
Sakiara
cwar
Vektrix
Zellex
ArsDraconis
SSJ3_Raditz
Blaze
Zaroas
TrickatelFailsAtPasswords
bmpalmann
Icedmask
MetalStarTech
Forti4
TyrannoFan
SuperLoki
Andeavor
LordRemington
geekus_sapiens
LoD
Arkanay
66 posters

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 32 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Vektrix Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:23 am

Arkanay wrote:
Andeavor wrote:Why is it that aliens always attack American cities and the US military gets all the glory?

They attack all over the world. We merely follow the American bit. Razz

Because the films tend to be funded by an American corporation. I can only think of one Video Game (
Resistance: Fall of Man) though that bucks this trend, but no movies.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 32 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:39 am

Vektrix wrote:
Arkanay wrote:

They attack all over the world. We merely follow the American bit. Razz

Because the films tend to be funded by an American corporation. I can only think of one Video Game (
Resistance: Fall of Man) though that bucks this trend, but no movies.

The one with the prawns in, I forget what its called now, district somthing or the other. That was set in south africa, and was probably nearer to the situation. But, yeah I guess most of them are in america because its also cheaper to film near where you are based.

Hmm, I saw 'Vampires Suck'. It was along the lines of scary movie/disaster movie comedy. Not my ideal movie, a bit silly and would have helped if Id known anything about twilight. But still gave me a giggle or two.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:06 am

District 9, Red. Smile

I'm not really a fan of those parody type movies. They're usually not my thing, although sometimes they can have a couple of funny aspects in them.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:10 am

Shardna wrote:Oh lol! Poor Trick. Apart from wanting to see Rio, I also wanted to see Tron Legacy and Red Riding Hood. Has anyone seen that Red Riding Hood film yet and was it that scary?

Tron is mediocre at best in my opinion, I would recommend not watching it.

I watched Source Code (2011) just now. Great concept and good execution, only to end in conspiratorial propaganda.
However there are good performances in this film, and Jake Gyllenhaal was a positive surprise. 2/5

Oh and, since I saw Arkanay's post, I think it's good to outline that when I rate movies here (I'll probably do that from now on), it goes like:
0/5 - trash
1/5 - mediocre
2/5 - solid
3/5 - great
4/5 -amazing
5/5 - masterpiece

And movies like "Vampires suck" extort some laughter at the most because of trashy, sexual or otherwise jokes. Most of them suck themselves.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:38 am

I agree, slime. I really hate those sort of movies, I laughed at maybe 2 of the 'jokes', one was a stab at the twilight series movie franchise and the other at a cat, mainly because it looked like mine.

I usually avoid those sorts of movies, but I was being sociable...

Source code looks really interesting, although somewhat predictable.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 am

Anastasia.

A sweet animated movie. Smile
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:12 am

Oh thanks Ark, district 9. Completley slipped my mind Laughing

Never watched Anastacia, but I remember having a macdonalds toy of the anastacia lassie when it was out.

Watched, 'meet dave' tonight, well sort of. Was funny in some places, even if the funny came from predictable situations. A nice, family movie Id say.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:09 am

Arkanay wrote:Anastasia.

A sweet animated movie. Smile

Oh I remember that movie! That's based on a russian story right? Anyway I loved watching it. I think there is a bat character in it (Not sure). It is a sweet movie to watch. Smile
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:22 am

Saw Thor (2011), it was surprisingly good.
It starts out slow, and its first part is not that original or too interesting, but the combat scenes are well done. At first I feared it would be like "Percy Jackson" (heroic kids fighting the gods in the gods' world and stuff) but I was proven wrong. Once the action transfers into the "real-world", that's where the movie starts getting very enjoyable, even funny at some parts. I'd say they've done a good job combining a couple of "movie archetypes".
We even see some Matrix traces, and a few other references.
The 3D makes it look even better.
Obviously because of the hero's similarity to Beowulf (and because of Anthony Hopkins' presence) comparing these two might seem a bit inevitable, and while it may not end up favorably for Thor it's still slightly more than decent a movie. 2.5/5
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:33 am

Well, I had to watch The Rite today. But of course...I ended up watching a different one. Sanctum 3D. Yay.

It was predictable, but beautiful. I didn´t really care about the storyline- I was too busy just...watching. It has some crazy OMG moments too. It is just, beautiful. The end was incredible.
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by War Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 am

Saw Fast Five, it was what I expected.
War
War
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Warboss92

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:47 pm

MilkAndCookies wrote:Well, I had to watch The Rite today. But of course...I ended up watching a different one. Sanctum 3D. Yay.

It was predictable, but beautiful. I didn´t really care about the storyline- I was too busy just...watching. It has some crazy OMG moments too. It is just, beautiful. The end was incredible.

Meh, didn't really like it, and I also didn't like that
Spoiler:

Watched Black Death (2010), , which takes place during in the Dark Ages. A team of envoys of the bishop and a monk boy who seeks guidance from God seek a village that is apparently not reached by the plague, but also, not reached by God.
In other words, here we have Fountain without the pompous philosophical quests. Not really a better movie, but it depicts man's free will in religious expressions mostly, and his efforts to enforce it by all means. Overt, yes, but it's decent.
And yes, that is Boromir from the LOTR, lol! 1.5/5
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:52 pm

OneDeadSlime wrote:

Meh, didn't really like it, and I also didn't like that
Spoiler:

Yeah, and also, I watched a few movies not so long ago about caves...Everything about caves is cool, I like those movies, but it is like you are watching the same movie all over again. It is just....caves. And also.

Spoiler:
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:27 pm

I want to watch that movie, Slime - Black Death.

Boromir for the win! Razz And the preview looked quite nice. Wink
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:52 pm

Want to see that too, when I first saw the preview.

I watched some silly movie last night, 'So I married an Axe Murderer' Sounds gory but its not, its tongue in cheek humour with a little bit of slapstick. It was horrificly predictable to the point where my little sister walked in, heard 4 lines and said 'this, this and this will happen.' Sure enough it did.

Not a good movie, but gave me somthing to veg infront of Razz
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun May 01, 2011 11:45 pm

I watched Monty Python's the meaning of life earlier today. "I wonder where that fish did go?.. A fish.. A fish.. A fishy ...oooohhhhh"
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue May 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Watched The Joneses (2009), yesterday, a film about the employees of a marketing company that pretend to be a family in order to sell their products more efficiently.
Could have been an interesting message on consumerism, but turns out it doesn't have a lot to say about these extravagant upper class people. However in the end you do get to feel sorry for those that "progress" has managed to turn into buying machines, but it was done in quite overt a way.
David Duchovny (Agent Mulder from X files) is very sympathetic, Demi Moore annoying. 1.5/5
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed May 04, 2011 11:38 pm

Watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1. just then.

Man...... the most depressing of the Harry Potter movies I've seen this far. Still good, but depressing.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 am

Watched Planet Of The Apes. I thought I was watching an old version of it but apperantly it was a recent version. It was okay but I didn't find the ending intresting for some reason. I dunno maybe it's just me.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu May 05, 2011 8:01 am

Shardna wrote:Watched Planet Of The Apes. I thought I was watching an old version of it but apperantly it was a recent version. It was okay but I didn't find the ending intresting for some reason. I dunno maybe it's just me.

Which one?

Because there is the classic one, the one from around 2000 and another that is coming/or already came around this year.

The second one, the ending is:
Spoiler:
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Thu May 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Shardna wrote:Watched Planet Of The Apes. I thought I was watching an old version of it but apperantly it was a recent version. It was okay but I didn't find the ending intresting for some reason. I dunno maybe it's just me.

Lol, the ending simply wasn't there...
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri May 06, 2011 4:58 am

Which one are you refering to, Slime?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 am

The new one... I watched it when I was in america about ten years ago..
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri May 06, 2011 5:16 am

Hmm... I asked because there is going to be another new one, although not called Planet of the Apes, but something similar and within the same style.

The ending was quite strange. I do not understand why it ended the way it did. If you have any clue, feel free to share it.

---

Going to the cinema tomorrow. Might watch Thor, unless there's something else.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri May 06, 2011 10:33 am

I watched 'How to train your Dragon' last night. Wanted to see it for ages. Im not an animation type person, but I really liked this film. Was sweet and had a few unexpected twists.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next