EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

+6
Goober09
Kevin92
LordRemington
Shardna
Arkanay
Red-Indigo
10 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:14 am

Congrats!

Yeah, Ceadeus' primary weakness is dragon, however at this stage I don't think you'll have any strong dragon element weapons? You need to wiegh up the raw as alot of early dragon weapons have poor raw damage.

His secondary is thunder, which comes pretty close to dragon, so if you have a more powerful raw damage thunder weapon, use that Smile

I don't want to ruin it for you so Im not gonna go into it too much, but its a fun fight. Mega dash juice and waterblock seeds are probably a good thing to take too ^^ Good luck with him!

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:26 am

Mega ouch. I don't have any dragon weapons and I don't think paralisis counts as thunder based weapons. I may need to get a weapon for it alright but which? I'm only good with great sword, long sword and switchaxe. Is there any dragon based weapons for that?
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:53 am

i got some dragon Greatswords, you can find them in the vulcano! just mining a bit and you'll get one! after getting it do some upgrates and you get one of the best Dragon GS! the in german the name is "Epitaphklinge" i try to get it at the moment^^ i only need 81 more earth crystals -.-
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:27 am

Yeah, I got a dragon SnS from the volcano, only trouble is, if you can't get the certain materials yet, the first form is really poor on raw damage. I dunno about the great swords though, they are probably alot better! Lol, 81!? I have over 200, so I don't know if you can give ores, but if you can I will donate ^^

As for obtaining weapons, I wouldnt worry too much as he is an offline exclusive so has HP to match that of low rank gear. You should be able to get the Guan Dao longsword easily, but its probably the worst long sword out of all of them. Itd be fine for ceadeus, but not online XD a better option would be thunderclap, or if you can get it thunderclap + (not sure what it needs mind) Also, I don't think you can inflict status as he is an elder dragon. So paralysis is out of the question XD

I kill ceadeus with a standard thunderclap and usually wear my lagicrus armour for the element up and olympic swimmer. There are alot of tools to use in the fight, so as long as you are comfortable with the weapon you use it shouldnt be too bad. Taking cha cha along with feyline bomber or the acorn mask, instead of the ancient mask also helps.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:24 am

Okay thanks for the tip and I'll be sure to put them to good use. Pity I don't have that bomber mask so I'll use the Acorn mask instead. If you guys have the time on you, would you be able to help me gather the bits and bobs in order to make the dragon weapon or even that thuderclap thing?
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:16 am

Sure thing! The Guan Dao needs elder dragon blood and a couple of morahn bits. So thats easy enough, event jhen should be in around 2/3 days anyway so finding a team will be fine for us.

The thunderclap needs... 2 Diablos Fangs and 3 Lagi horns and shockers, thats to upgrade. I still need lagi horns so will be good for both of us ^^ Diablos is my nemisis lol, but I upgraded my Luddy Sword to the final version today so he should go down easy. If you don't have thunderclap, you only need thunder bugs, shell shockers and some ore, so thats easy peasy too Smile Next time we meet I'll give ya a hand grinding for those things.

I went on today and killed Royal Ludroth -_- Out of all the monsters, he's the one I find the most boring. I did the cap quest and the double luddy kill quest about 3 times each. At least I got what I needed, I don't want his armour right now so thats the end of that! Huraay!

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:42 pm

lol^^ sorry red, but the earth crystals are rar4 you can't give them to me -.- i was on last night but you guys weren't on Very Happy i killed another jho... Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:36 am

Mann. I really want to hunt that thing too but I get easily scared cause it's so flipping big and powerful. When it's not being mad, I try to land an attack on it. I should try team up with you next time I try hunt that thing.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:45 am

@Kevin: Aww... Pity Sad Wow another Jho!? Haha, Kevin is the Jho Master Wink

@Shardna: We will all have to have a go at it when Im up to that level, will be amazing. I remember meeting it for the first time an it pounced and ate me... I lol'd

Sorry, I keep missing you guys. Next week I'll try to get on later so I don't. I went on in the afternoon again, Im now lvl 36. So its goin okay. Helped some people clear jhen, 3 times actually. Although the 1st time wasnt great, there was some HR 48 person, who really had a go at the HR 30 person when they got the gong wrong. I was just like, chill its only a game and he was all full of stupid noobs, we are gonna fail ect ect. Some people...

Did the advanced quest double trouble too. That went fine, but the cap Los quest we did afterward was really odd. Firstly it didnt arrive untill after 5 mins. We were seperatly checking all the areas, but no Los. Then he 'ate' me except he didnt, but I rolled round on the ground as if he was... !? Then we got him to limp around, like really badly limping but when we trapped him he wouldnt capture? We had to end via sub quest because we used all our traps and tranqs trying. I think it glitched majorly XD
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm gonna be on after my lunch today if anyone fancys to team up with me. Let's hunt the Aganackter for equipment needs and maybe the Jiho too! =D
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:14 am

So sorry I had to go so quickly. I popped on for an hour before dinner and didnt really have time to do that Jhen run.

Hmm, Agnaktor, i got no claws, even though I broke 3 of them >< Did you get the stuff you needed?

EDIT: Oh and I meant to apologise for capturing the Blos too, but we failed the first two, (before you arrived) not that I minded but I had a feeling we were getting close to failing again. Maybe its just because Im scared of blos, lol.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:02 am

@red: i'm no real master, i'm scared of jho too Very Happy he can kill me with only 2 hits o.0 when he is red and aggressiv Very Happy

i have holidays this week so we could meet tomorrow Wink would be cool if i could help you and shard with some quests a bit Smile oh i think i'm rathalos and rathian master^^
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:26 am

Well 2 hits is probably more than I could take atm Laughing Luckily I've been nice to jho and never gotten him into rage mode.

I have a day off tomorrow, so that'd be great! Im still finishing off my 4* quests though, although I think its only Gobul and possibly a few boring harvest tours... -_- I'll do those tonight though, if Im on.

Then I will call upon the rath master to instantly slay all my double troubles Wink
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:03 am

cool! no problem Smile would be cool if we could play this evening Smile

Last edited by Kevin92 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:12 am

I'll see if I can get on, my sister is playing ATM, so she wont be on tonight, hurray! I'll probably be on around 5-7 ish so thats 6-8 ish for you I guess? Smile

EDIT: was fun to play tonight Kevin! Sorry I AFK'd for so long, I had somthing that couldnt be ignored to deal with XD Also, sorry for the ian... I can't believe I carted, she got me in the corner and stunned me, if she hadnt of, Id been fine Laughing

I got a ruby, but nothing as of yet to use it on... Thanks for your help on gobul and ian, you were really good! Smile

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:52 am

I got my Easter Hoildays today so if anyone want's to play with me and maybe help get some parts that would be awesome. I'm gonna try be on at six, seven or eight o'clock tonight.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:16 am

Ohhh... I was on at that time. Didnt see you though Sad Sad that I missed you, would've helped with the parts you need.

Ive got to majorly grind as Ive done all my 4* quests, but have no urgent yet, so if you are gonna be on tomorrow, I'll be more than happy to help ^^

Today I had a fun hunt. Met up with Kevin in the afternoon and we did a few quests. I stupidly put up 'Shut up and Fish' thinking it was giant gobul. I was really confused when kevin landed the final blow and there was no quest complete message...

Turns out you also need to deliver 4 golden fish. Would have been easy, if we had realised and hadnt been supplied with only worms XD We also planned to fish out gobul and then bomb him. We set our bombs, but while I fished gobul out, a bnhabra came over and detonated them... haha.

We did the advanced double trouble after that, was fun. Then I had to go cook dinner. After I ate dinner I went back on. Kevin was gone and no one on my friend list was around, so I met a group of italian players.

They were really nice, despite the language barriers. We did peco lots because someone needed the parts. Then we did someones double trouble urgent, with lots of silly tactics.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:53 am

Yeah sorry about that. My brother kept hogging the computer on me all day. -_- BUT..I have plenty of time to try play the game since I'm on my holidays. ^^! I'll try see you and Kev tomorrow!
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:58 am

Sounds awesome ^^

What you parts are you looking for still?
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:12 am

yes, crazy hunt yesterday! most funny thing was this damn banabrah Very Happy
i hope we can meet up today! i think i'll be online this evening Wink

the double trouble yesterday was ok, but this one guy who died two times was a bit too low for this quest^^

i'm HR 60 now Very Happy i'm so happy^^ red when do you have to fight against ala? i hate this damn dragon Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:31 am

Lol, yeah, there was also that guy who died quite quickly against Barioth...

Double trouble... Thanks so much Kevin, for helping with that today Smile That was the hardest los I have ever ever faced. Honestly, he wouldnt die! I caught ian while Kevin carried on with Los, but it took 10-20 mins to kill him. The whole quest was pretty crazy, they were both really angry, kept cornering me, so I couldnt see anything but Raths XD I also got a rathian plate FINALLY! whoo! I also got 2 rath medulla and one Los Ruby! Awesome. Kevin got a los plate too.

We did diablos too, which was easy peasy and tried to capture gaan, but we killed it -_- then I had to go, to get dinner.

Before kevin arrived I was helping a HR 11 do some of his quests. He was doing ian alot, but not getting very far. I remembered when I was so scared to face her, lol. Me and another person cleared it with him though.

So a very good day. Im now HR 39, very nearly 40. In 10 levels I will be facing Alatreon Help

Id be pleased for the help, although I doubt I'll do it in the first go. How do you go about it Kevin? I know alot of people sleep bomb Ala, usually using bowguns, but Im awful with a BG. Id prefer to melee it, but I think that would be suicide Laughing

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:29 am

yes, the los was my hardest los ever, too! god, he was so freaky hard Very Happy and the double trouble team of this ian and this los were very angry and very good! i didn't thought they were soo good together Very Happy i lost all my potions and mega potions against this los Shocked but we got him Smile

oh alatreon is a huge badass! he's 10 times harder than this damn los today^^ ... i think i needed 10 times to kill him. you need a very good team, so no one who is only HR 52 or something near that! you need as many bombs as you can get, than you need some teammates with sleepweapons. alatreon sleeps very fast! go to the head and take the bombs to destroy the horns! after that cut the tail and he will be slower than before Wink it took me 47 minutes with my team i think.....oh and a very good tip, DON'T use traps! you can't trap it Wink
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:54 am

I used nearly all of my pots too. I really thought i was gonna die sooo many times. Was fun though Very Happy

So, sleepbombing all the way then with Alatreon. Have to start farming for fish so I can make lots of bombs. I know you cant trap it, which is probably what makes it so hard! Can't wait to face it, but Im scared too Laughing
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 am

yes it was much fun Very Happy i'm scared of ala, too! but you need to attack it, if you don't attack ala he will kill you Wink
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:43 am

Very true!

Ive still got a long way though. I have Jho to deal with first. I fought him for about a minute the other day, when doing a peco quest. He wasnt too hard to dodge, more hard to get a clean hit on.

I had to run away though, because he hit me once and took half my life Shocked Also, I was never gonna get him... and it was a peco quest Wink
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next