EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

+15
LordRemington
Aieru
MarkyDMan
bmpalmann
Zellex
Tyranidking
SuperLoki
Dino589
Vektrix
flux
Shadow
Lumorei
Hawkbird2000
Icedmask
Arkanay
19 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 6 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Lumorei Tue May 18, 2010 6:59 am

No one else besides Ark has critiqued the Naitive.

Btw, I'm willing to make the daemons too, after Nid finishes up a description.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 6 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by bmpalmann Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 am

Lumorei wrote:The second Native Prototype, with better arms, hands and feet.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 6 Native2

This looks pretty cool, have you tried making a cute one or maybe an intelligent, more complex looking one?
Those are just some ideas mind you
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 am

Lumorei wrote:No one else besides Ark has critiqued the Naitive.
They seem rather simple. However, in this case, simple actually works really well. I like them. Though I agree with Ark that the eyes should probably be darker too, like a black or something. I think that might look a little more natural.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Tue May 18, 2010 7:10 am

Right i've got a piece for inspiration for the ship wreckage, you know for shape and the damaged look, maybe stcking diagonally out the ground

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 6 Inspirationwreckage
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 18, 2010 7:35 am

bmp, sounds pretty good Thumbs Up

As for the native, I'd rather if they had less sharp claws :-P Dunno about the rest of you. Oh, and don't forget they've got to be equipped as well. You up for it, Lum?

As for the daemon aliens, something insectoid with lots of markings could be cool but I think they should be mainly humanoid, predator style, only a bit more "evil" looking.

I've made several buildings, all in the OP, for the natives, with interiors and all.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Tue May 18, 2010 7:41 am

Oh, I'm up for it alright. One of the biggest projects I've had since Call Of The Avian!
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 am

But don't bother equipping them yet without ppl saying their opinions in changes.

I say reduce claw size and darker eyes :-P I can see dino agrees with me on the eyes thing, what about the rest of you? ^^

Edit:

Are we having this locked or open captain? I dont mind being locked but I know generally ppl prefer open captain. But if we're having some fighting, won't it be more balanced if we make the captain ourselves? Discuss :-P

Another idea for the adventure to have more depth, is that you obviously won't understand the alien language. But perhaps in the beggining of the adventure you come across an Universal Translator Device (UTD), which all ships have one, and you're using it to check out native diaries, wall prophecies, obelisk glyphs, etc. If not the UTD, perhaps you could come across a mysterious crystal that would give the same purpose, of you understanding other languages.

Furthermore, I also had the idea, of the player arriving in one of the native villages... It'd be deserted, deep silence, then suddenly, a daemon alien would jump from a roof top (with invisible jump pad) and land right in the middle of the ground and charge the player with no warning.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Tue May 18, 2010 7:53 am

Locked. Trust me. No one doesn't like not being able to kill something.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 18, 2010 8:00 am

I know what you mean. My captain is a shaman and the weapons aren't so effective versus buildings. So it was a bit annoying to do a certain mission.

We could go with locked, fine by me. What do the rest of you think? On the other hand, if it was unlocked, ppl would have a more personal and unique feel to the adventure. Still, they'd probably be using creations with 6 limbs, a wig and lincoln's hat. And that's not really what we want for this adventure.. Hmm.. Proceed discussion. I'm divided :-P
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Tue May 18, 2010 8:02 am

Always use locked captains for complicated missions. The system of players using their own captains is completely useless.
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Tue May 18, 2010 8:11 am

With the captain, i think it depends on what the captain has to kill.
If it's buildings and vehicles the Warrior parts are really useful (which is what most people have)
But the shaman parts are far better for dealing with creatures.

I think the time to decide would be once the adventure is complete
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellex Tue May 18, 2010 8:12 am

I agree with Ark, Lum. I think the feet would also look better a tad smaller, but otherwise, I really like the head. Wink
Zellex
Zellex
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : You know that.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Zellex

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 18, 2010 8:15 am

I believe would work better with a locked captain, honestly, now that I consider the 2 sides of the question...

I'd really like to hear your feedback on Nidking's background story for the natives.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 18, 2010 9:01 am

(sorry about double post)

I have another doubt. If we're using locked captain, are we doing the people that crashed humans? Meaning you are a human aswell? (I know it's hard to do humans on spore, but if they're well equipped, it's not a problem. Plus, you're not gona encounter anyone alive, everyone would be dead) Or are we using a multi-alien type thingy?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Tue May 18, 2010 9:04 am

I've combined everyone's opinions, but due to the black paint, I had to remove the new, crappy detailing.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 6 Native3
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 18, 2010 9:16 am

They're pretty cool to me now :-D Still, any chances the clçaws in the hands could be smaller? Because to me, he seems he has predator style hands, like with developed tendons and muscles and claws.

Still, I'm quite glad with it Very Happy 9,5/10!

Let us know when you equip it. Keep it simple ;-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Tue May 18, 2010 9:18 am

Sadly, that's the smallest they go.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 18, 2010 9:23 am

What about the 2nd hand of the first horizontal line?

Or the first hand of the 2nd horizontal line?

Perhaps they could make the creature seem more harmless? Other thing, don't make the spine straight. Hunch it a bit foward. this is because how they move in the adventure. If the spine is straight, it'll walk with the arms a bit weird, a bit too stiff, while if it's slightly bent foward, like in a curve, will work out better.

I remind you: THis is my opinion! Give yours! :-P
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 am

My opinion: I have no idea on how I would equip it. Or outfit it, for that matter.

Maybe we could ask for suggestions. After all, everyone has to compromise.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 am

The Barridaku (Bah-ree-dah-koo)
Known to the tribes as the Vorpacsis (Vor-pack-says), or "Daemons". The Barridaku are the alien race renowned for their ships that enter in such a way that they appear as flaming birds. To the simplistic Traiyaxl, the ships are called the Vorpid Traiyhiggera (Vor-ped Try-hee-ger-ah), or "Abyss Sky-shatterers". The Barridaku call their motherships Grashigxines (Grah-sheeg-rines).

Purpose
The Barridaku are an advanced race striving for perfection. When they see species with brilliant genes, their genetic scientists capture the entire race, incorporate the advanced genes into the Barridaku genepool, and then systematically set about annihilating the entire species, as it is now deemed 'inferior'. In this way, they can make themselves more powerful on the genetic level, while wiping out further competition. There's no such thing as a resistance against the Barridaku. If you put up too much of a fight, they'll simply blow your planet to high heavens. There are some rare cases where resistance has prevailed over the Barridaku, and anyone who achieves it is both feared and respected galaxy wide.

The Barridaku won't just steal your very genetic structure. They'll go as far as to steal every last bit of even slightly advanced technology off of you, incorporate it into their systems, and just to add insult to injury, they'll destroy you with your own technology. They are the definition of Space Pirate, and it's not too much of a stretch to say that they are as close as you can get to being Daemonic without damning your soul.

Captives are held for thirty days, where their entire genetic structure is examined for possible advantages. After the thirty day period, if advantages are found, mass experiments will begin to incorporate the genes. If no advantages are found, they'll simply destroy the species. Either way, it will eventually lead to the death of the species.

Ships

Barridaku have three types of Ship.

Grashigxines (Mentioned above)- Monstrous motherships. They contain the Parmatek (Pah-ma-tech), the King of the Barridaku; The Permidax (Per-me-dacks), the queen; Several Matikai (Mah-ti-kie), the Genetic Engineers; many Xxiligs (Zill-iggs), the soldiers; and plenty of Killixx (Kill-icks), Barridaku builders/repair crews. Barridaku have no Magical or spiritual beliefs, but they do have an innate ability to wield fire, the symbol of their species. The Grashigxines is rather infamously known for entering the atmosphere at a certain angle, where its engines can ignite the atmosphere in such a way that the ship looks like a flaming bird.

Matixines (Mat-icks-rines)- Fighters. They are ejected from the motherships. Their engines are specially built to make a trail of flame in such a way that they look like burning skulls. They move with incredible speed, which makes the engine reaction trail off a long distance, making these ships very intimidating.

Okuxines (Ock-ou-rines)- Transports/Capturers. They traverse the planet looking for worthy species, fire a web at specimens, and then drag this energy web into a compartment. The web is often invisible, giving the illusion that the specimen is being pulled by a supernatural force. This only aggravates the "Daemons" nickname given to them by the Traiyaxl. The Okuxines is also known for landing and taking specimens through force, something the Barridaku Xxiligs are very good at.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 18, 2010 10:10 am

Lum, everyone is compromising already.

Still, I can equip them if you like.

Nice, Nid. I like what I read. Still, you haven't mentioned in the story about the daemons enslaving the natives. think you've skipped that part. I like what is there, but it seems to me there's still a part regarding slaves and exploring resources missing. I'm also not much of a fan of the name Barridaku. Something a bit more daemonic sounding perhaps? Also, I think there's a lot of ranking names that can confuse some.

I'll add it to the OP anyways, and perform changes as people speak. Thanks Nid Thumbs Up

Edit: Check OP, I've made some changes.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Tue May 18, 2010 10:37 am

I think you'd be better at outfitting it then I would.

Would you like me to upload it?
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 18, 2010 10:54 am

sure. I'll outfit it.

I've altered Nidking's background stories slightly, and they're presented in the OP. Remember to check it out and feedback it ;-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed May 19, 2010 1:40 am

Okay, I've outfitted the Traiyaxl, after performing some changes in Lumorei's original creation.

Here they are:

The Traiyaxl
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 6 500592405240_lrg

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 6 500592458158_lrg

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 6 500592459106_lrg

This way, we'll have some variety within the race.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Wed May 19, 2010 4:16 am

Man, your graphics card must be horrible. Yours doesn't seem to have the shining effect ...and if anyone wondering, this is the original before he modified it:

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 6 500592404593_lrg

btw, nice choice of hands. Mr Green

Last edited by Lumorei on Wed May 19, 2010 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next