EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

+15
LordRemington
Aieru
MarkyDMan
bmpalmann
Zellex
Tyranidking
SuperLoki
Dino589
Vektrix
flux
Shadow
Lumorei
Hawkbird2000
Icedmask
Arkanay
19 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Blaze Sun May 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Got it. I'll start 2mrw on em. Any specific things I should add to em?
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Arkanay Sun May 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Looking cool isn't enough. Remember if they're made in the creature editor they'll "wiggle" in-game, so it has to seem natural.

You can also make forest props, like logs, rocks, bushes, etc.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Sun May 23, 2010 12:40 pm

ok that sounds fair enough. Only one prob...I absolutely suck at props
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sun May 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Arkanay wrote:Blaze: Sure, you can go with some of those ;-)

Dino, have you seen my Vorpacsis attempt? I'm actually kinda happy with it and Lumorei liked them too ---> http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Arkanay%7C500313150671%3Asast-500592942899

Of course I'd still like to see your concept for them.
Yeah I saw it. Its certainly an original look. Though it makes them seem somehow less powerful and more just plain creepy.

Here is a quick pic of both the sea critter and the Vorpacsis. Its more like a doodle though; I'm a little tired right now so I didn't much as much work into 'em as I usually do, and the Vorpacsis turned out like total crap though it gives you a very rough idea of what I had in mind. The sea critter turned out better, though.
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 Concepts2--VorparcsisSeaBeast
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Nice concepts. The sea creature one turned out really good. If it can be made in the editor without too much trouble, that'd be great.

Remember, there are 2 ways we can use it:
1 - Having the top flat and the player stepping on it and then it being ferried someone else.
2 - Having it just stand there with a teleporter nearby and when the player steps on it, it's automatically transported to the other side.

number 1 will seem more realistic although it might be a little glitchy and the creature will have to be flat on top.
number 2 will work way better, a little less cool (since you'd be teleported) but at least glitch free and the creature can look cool.

Dino, I actually really like the passenger riding on the creature's back. It's a quite cool silhouette.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Sorry Arakanay, i'm going to have to change my deadline to Saturday, sorry if it's an inconvience but i've just realised that i've got 3 exams this week and 2 of them are the hardest written papers to do at AS Sad

Great concept drawings Dino!
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellex Sun May 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Although I hoped to have made something this weekend, my laptop got a virus that prevented me from doing anything. It is fixed now, but I won't be able to make anything until next weekend.

I may get around to designing some, though.
Zellex
Zellex
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : You know that.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Zellex

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sun May 23, 2010 10:44 pm

In response to the sea creature platform: You'd have to make sure that nothing goes above the platform, not even the tail, so it would make it flat. I made a demonstration using an old model:

-Link 1 -Link 2 -Link 3 -Link 4

In these four links, you can see that due to the head and tail being above the platform, the invisible 'solidity' layer makes it smooth out, so you can't even touch the platform, the neck, or even the tail. Take note that the same goes for buildings.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Mon May 24, 2010 12:15 am

Arkanay wrote:Nice concepts. The sea creature one turned out really good. If it can be made in the editor without too much trouble, that'd be great.

Remember, there are 2 ways we can use it:
1 - Having the top flat and the player stepping on it and then it being ferried someone else.
2 - Having it just stand there with a teleporter nearby and when the player steps on it, it's automatically transported to the other side.

number 1 will seem more realistic although it might be a little glitchy and the creature will have to be flat on top.
number 2 will work way better, a little less cool (since you'd be teleported) but at least glitch free and the creature can look cool.

Dino, I actually really like the passenger riding on the creature's back. It's a quite cool silhouette.
Yeah, the silhouette of the guy on its back was mostly to give an idea of the scale, and also because it seemed somewhat empty. As for the scale of the Vorpacsis, I was thinking almost twice as tall as the Traiyaxl, and the Captain a little taller than the Traiyaxl but not quite as tall as the Vorpacsis.

Lumorei wrote:In response to the sea creature platform: You'd have to make sure that nothing goes above the platform, not even the tail, so it would make it flat. I made a demonstration using an old model:

-Link 1 -Link 2 -Link 3 -Link 4

In these four links, you can see that due to the head and tail being above the platform, the invisible 'solidity' layer makes it smooth out, so you can't even touch the platform, the neck, or even the tail. Take note that the same goes for buildings.
Ohz. Never knew that (don't have GA). Thanks for pointing that out. I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I make it.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Mon May 24, 2010 1:50 am

You're welcome. Anything else you need to know?
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Mon May 24, 2010 1:54 am

Nope, I should be fine. I'll post a pick before uploading it though, to make sure that everyone is happy with it and there's nothing that needs changing.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Mon May 24, 2010 2:06 am

Is there any specific date the plants need to be in?
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 24, 2010 2:45 am

bmp, no problem ;-) RL comes first. Good luck for your exams :-)

Zellex, no problem aswell. Just post it here when you're done :-)

Dino, remember, in case we choose to make the creature with a teleporter, it doesn't have to be flat on top. Like, a player would step on the beast and be teleported to the other side, where another creature would be there. If we use that way, you're free to do it as you wish. It can only be flat on top if we choose to have the player to actually ride it, seeming more realistic but probably being a bit glitch like and space taking. Perhaps the first would be a better idea.

Blaze, not really, just whenever you can :-) But don't take like, 3 months :-P
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon May 24, 2010 3:21 am

Here's what the wrecked ship would look like when it's, well not wrecked, please suggest improvements, but keep in mid that the crashed thing, the body will be made in 3 parts...

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 ShipwreckageComplete

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 RemyxomatosisShipWreck2
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 am

Bmp, it doesn't seem to me that it's a large sized ship. It's seems like small/average size. I think it has to due to the fact of where the windows are located. Also, perhaps if the colors were a bit more grey?

Still, I'm really quite glad with it :-) I think you did a good job but I'd like to see those improvements. That's just my opinion still :-)
Also, isn't it easier for you if you make it on the building editor? Since the wreckage is gona have to be made there. Just suggesting :-) There are some quite cool spaceships made in building editor, like this work by Darktower31 Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 500594870026_lrg

We also have to decide, like, if the player is alien, the other convicts and the guards, crew and such, are they of the same species? Is it like, an empire's craft, carrying prisoners of the empire? Ideas are welcome :b
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon May 24, 2010 3:52 am

It'll be easier for me to use space ship editor, anyway using gates will take up a little less complexity.
I'll try the colour changes but for now i need to get the basic ship looking good
It does look bigger in editor i can promise you, here's what the front section looks like at the momment, without me having trashed it up yet...

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 Wreckagefrontsection-1
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 am

Can you make a creation to help me with the colour schem please?
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 am

bmpalmann wrote:Here's what the wrecked ship would look like when it's, well not wrecked, please suggest improvements, but keep in mid that the crashed thing, the body will be made in 3 parts...

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 ShipwreckageComplete

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 RemyxomatosisShipWreck2
Pretty cool.
I disagree with Ark about how it doesn't look like a large ship. But, i think the effect could be pulled off better if there were a series of smaller windows around the sides rather than just a couple big ones (unless I am mistaking some part of it for the windows). I also like the paint on it, too.

Edit: Just saw that front section. It looks pretty sweet so far.

Last edited by Dino589 on Mon May 24, 2010 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 am

Check your PMs Marky

I'm splitting the ship up so there are smaller windows adn more detail

Last edited by bmpalmann on Mon May 24, 2010 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 24, 2010 3:57 am

Perhaps Dino's suggestion might help, with adding some windows on the side. To me, it seems it looks a bit like a Submarine Cadillac Razz
The front part is very cool, bmp. Really like it.
I've done another statue and added to the sporecast. There's a total of 4 now and I think I won't do more at the moment, also I think Lum's working something similar as well.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon May 24, 2010 4:00 am

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 10 Wreckagefrontsection-1

There are windows on this but i haven't coloured them , thanks Dino
The original ship can't have as much detail on because the ship is being split into 3 sections
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Mon May 24, 2010 4:08 am

ok I've got the basic structure for one of teh plants. I'm thinking of making it look like a flytrap, but not actually jus recreating an actual one.

Any specific color choices or should I jus do whatever?
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 24, 2010 4:14 am

Blaze, the forest they're in is somewhat exotic. Think of Avatar's forest, but less magic magic like and things a bit smaller. So those green, blue, neon style are accepted :-P

I've changed some of the Traiyaxl we had done. There are 4 different styles. They're all in the sporecast ;-) Check it out
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Mon May 24, 2010 4:17 am

Neon, green, blue, stuff like that? Got it

Should I make some of the plants mobile or all of em imobile?

Also am I part of teh team? Jes wonderin cause I'm not on teh team list in OP
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 am

I think you are part of the team Blaze,
I like the idea of mobile plants Twisted Evil
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next