EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

+15
LordRemington
Aieru
MarkyDMan
bmpalmann
Zellex
Tyranidking
SuperLoki
Dino589
Vektrix
flux
Shadow
Lumorei
Hawkbird2000
Icedmask
Arkanay
19 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Arkanay Wed May 19, 2010 4:18 am

I've suggested you to use those hands yesterday.

Anyways, I'm quite glad how they turned out. I'm working on the Vorpacsis atm.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Lumorei Wed May 19, 2010 4:19 am

Yeah, I WAS going to put those hands on, but I was too tired. When I uploaded it, it was 1AM...
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed May 19, 2010 5:34 am

Decided to have a go at the Vorpacsis.

What do you think about it?

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 500592458172_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Wed May 19, 2010 6:51 am

I was making a take on the Vorpacsis. I made it with ExoSkeleton to make it seem for deadly. Yours turned out just as good though, with the captain parts and all.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 Vorpacsis
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed May 19, 2010 6:53 am

I'm not much of a fan, Lumorei. I think they should be "standing" somehow, giving them the look of humanoids and not beasts. (Since they're enslaving, have spaceships, etc.) Could be interesting if they came out insectoid like but not like that, I'm afraid.

What do the rest of the people think? It looks more like an animal to me.

I was imagining them more predator style, but that's just how I pictured them.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Wed May 19, 2010 6:55 am

Well, not everything is human. Hard Work
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed May 19, 2010 6:57 am

Don't know. Perhaps it could work. Worth a shot, if you're up for it. Perhaps the face could be a bit more "humanoid" also, instead of animal like. Because so far, it really does seem like an animal. Don't forget to equip it, so we see it at its full potential.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed May 19, 2010 7:06 am

Lumorei wrote:Well, not everything is human. Hard Work

When I say humanized, I don't mean to be Human. I mean similar characteristics humans have. Because the creation you made doesn't look at all like a dangerous, slavemaking species that roam the galaxy.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Wed May 19, 2010 7:08 am

Consider the following:

The Vorpacsis use other animal's genes to improve themselves. In my example, it looks like an animal, and it looks very capable of killing off the competition by itself, after they're done experimenting. Your Vorpacsis, however, seems to use more technology and armor, which implies that it would be fairly weak without it. Therefor, it doesn't quite fit the description Nid had made.

No offense. Only pointing that out.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed May 19, 2010 7:11 am

Lol.

Things can easily be turned.

The armor would be genetical enhances to increase its skills, made by genes and tech stolen from other empires. Your creature looks rather simple to be a combination of genes and even though it does look like a small predator, it doesn't look capable of damaging an entire race.
Not to mention they don't have hands and that's not very suitable for the type of ppl they are.

So let's not argue about the looks + story :-P Because it can easily be changed. Let's just see what others think.

Last edited by Arkanay on Wed May 19, 2010 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Wed May 19, 2010 7:13 am

It actually does take up a lot of space in the editor. Just can't really tell.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Wed May 19, 2010 7:21 am

Personally my vision of them is considerably different. I'm going to try and do some more quick concept art in a little bit to post it later....
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed May 19, 2010 7:51 am

Made a Statue, part of the Native's culture.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 500592572834_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 am

Very nice

Am launching spore, gonna make a start on a predator.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellex Wed May 19, 2010 6:36 pm

I am honestly unsure as to what I am meant to be making... Just, organisms in general?
Zellex
Zellex
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : You know that.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Zellex

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 pm

You mentioned to do some plants, wasn't it? You can go for it and perhaps you can come up with large organism type creatures, like a fast network of fungus, spore-breading beings... Like, real weird plant/animal like stuff. Could be fun. Some plants are welcome too :-P
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu May 20, 2010 4:12 am

Made some new stuff:

Traiyaxl as a slave of the Vorpacsis
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 500592900852_lrg

Besides using the Traiyaxl as slaves, the Vorpacsis also decided to perform some experiments in a few test subjects. They've then bioengineered these terrifying beasts, which are in fact, mutated natives. Their memories were erased and they've became Vorpacsis pets. Now and then, they're sent to torment Traiyaxl villages. These horrors care not for pain and have no remorse.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 500592916591_lrg

Head Collector (Colors look better ingame)
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 500592942801_lrg

For centuries the Vorpacsis have opressed and abused the Trayiaxl race. This is one of their mechanisms, used on tortured Traiyaxl prisoners. The natives refer to it as the Head Collector.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Thu May 20, 2010 6:08 am

Right, I'll get to work on the new ships using the descriptions in the OP Smile
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Thu May 20, 2010 6:37 am

Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu May 20, 2010 6:45 am

I like the concept idea, Nid. Perhaps a bit too creature for my like. But that's just my opinion. The head and arms could use some improvement on them too. I think I'll have another go at creating these guys.

Since they're one of the main characters of the story, they really have to look amazing. Something you look at and instantly realize it's them.

Other thing, if this is being a locked captain, are we making ourselves human? Like, human spaceship that crashed on alien planet? Human guards, etc, (Like a futuristic movie/game?)
Or a multi-alien type thing?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Thu May 20, 2010 6:52 am

It seems that everything is to creature like for you. Neutral
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu May 20, 2010 7:03 am

If I think 2 things are creature like to me and my opinion is expected, I'll say what my opinion is.

Edit: I consider creature like when the spine is practically horizontal. They don't seem sentient to me.
Edit 2: That's why I think Nid's attempt is a tad better, pose-wise.

Edit 3: Another Vorpacsis attempt.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 500592942899_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Thu May 20, 2010 7:56 am

My latest Vorpacsis attempt is my best yet.

I'm going outright daemonic with them, and also applying my favourite insectoid parts. Not to mention the infamous favourite colour of mine- Red!

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Nidking%7C2263377126%3Asast-500592965708

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 7 500592965708_lrg

I'm keeping it as close to being an animal as I can, while adding some changes. Enjoy!
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Thu May 20, 2010 8:02 am

I give up. Arks new Vorpacsis is overall, awesome. Worthy
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu May 20, 2010 8:17 am

^^

Let's see what others think about it :-P

Also, if this is being a locked captain, are we making ourselves human? Like, human spaceship that crashed on alien planet? Human guards, etc, (Like a futuristic movie/game?)
Or a multi-alien type thing?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next