EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This comes as no suprise to anyone here I'm sure

+7
Tomographics
Vektrix
LordRemington
MarkyDMan
Ansje
Dormin
Grand Peep
11 posters

Go down

This comes as no suprise to anyone here I'm sure Empty This comes as no suprise to anyone here I'm sure

Post by Grand Peep Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:57 am

Grand Peep
Grand Peep
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : GrandPeep

Back to top Go down

This comes as no suprise to anyone here I'm sure Empty Re: This comes as no suprise to anyone here I'm sure

Post by Dormin Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am

I hate EA with a passion. I'm glad they got the golden poo.
Dormin
Dormin
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Possum95

Back to top Go down

This comes as no suprise to anyone here I'm sure Empty Re: This comes as no suprise to anyone here I'm sure

Post by Ansje Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Splendid and that while they even didn't ask me for my opinion LOL
Ansje
Ansje
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : Ansje/AnsjeDark

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:20 pm

EA are bad, but seriously? Bank of America literally absorbed billions of tax-payer dollars. A few quid worth of game content being held back is hardly much compared to that.

And for bad customer services, at least EA don't come round and reposess your gaming computer and all your games if you don't buy DLC or something Razz
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:49 pm

MarkyDMan wrote:EA are bad, but seriously? Bank of America literally absorbed billions of tax-payer dollars. A few quid worth of game content being held back is hardly much compared to that.

And for bad customer services, at least EA don't come round and reposess your gaming computer and all your games if you don't buy DLC or something Razz

Exactomundo there Marky.

Worst GAME company. Most definitely. EA is the most money grubbing game company I've ever seen.

But the worst company? Like it says in the article, I think that says more about the internet users who voted, than EA itself.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:19 am

I agree with the worst GAME company, money grabbers that release new versions of every sports game under the sun each year. They ignore their customers on games that aren't EA Sports, The Sims or SimCity (Ok, last two are Maxis, but EA pull their strings). Worst of all, they still have not addressed the biggest problem I have with FIFA for over 12 years.

There are much worse companies in America and across the world than EA though, like the Bank that invented selling mortgages to those they knew would not pay and then selling those mortgages to other banks. Or the company that gives powdered milk to Africa, but fails to give them clean water to use it with. Or the company that sells dangerous guns and ammunition over the counter to people with no licence. I could go on....
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomographics Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:24 pm

That is very funny.
Something else you might like here:
EA chief creative officer Rich Hilleman has basically said that he thinks Minecraft creator Markus “Notch” Persson needs help distributing Minecraft and that he should put it on Origin.

In an interview with Gamasutra, Hilleman said “What I’ve told the guys who run Origin for us is that we should do it for free, because as you can see my vision of that business, that’s not where the money comes from anyway.”

“As somebody who has had to reinstall Windows on my son’s computer after he attempted to install Mod Manager on that machine, there’s a lot of value to be provided for the customer in making Minecraft and its mods and installations something that’s a more commercial and predictable product. Those are the kinds of things that Notch needs help with, and that without the help of a publisher or other support, he’s probably not going to get there completely by himself.”

“Now maybe his community will, and I’d love to see that happen. It’s a great experiment; I’m really anxious to see what happens. The reason I wish we were involved is because I think we’d learn from him. And the other thing that’s true is Notch is a true talent of this business; I just like us being associated with great talent.”

Actually, he kind of makes sense, but what he is suggesting sounds awfully a lot like Valve’s Steam Workshop, which makes it easy to track and install mods for the likes of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

In response, Notch tweeted the following:

“I’m sure EA is very successful at monetizing games, but the more we don’t do what they would do, the happier I am.” Zing!

Tomographics

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:42 am

Good for Notch. Subtle and classy way of putting EA down.

Though I'm on the fence as to whether they should have been labelled the worst company in America. As others have already stated, there are much more vicious fish in that pond.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:57 am

As others have said, there are [American] firms that have embezzled billions of $$$ running private clients into bankrupcy but EA does deserve the title for worst customer extortion.

They just want us to pay 200-300% on a game that comes with DLC on launch day and months after (which had been in planning before the game was announced to begin with). I don't even want to know what all the custom content of The Sims 3 costs in total. When I first bought it I got four furniture sets and payed about as much as the base game alone.

No wonder many players download the stuff illegally.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 am

Andeavor wrote:As others have said, there are [American] firms that have embezzled billions of $$$ running private clients into bankrupcy

And one of those firms' CEO is now the republican presidential nominee of the US.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:22 pm

They're even worse....after Sim City. Haha.

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum