EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss Gaming here

+48
DinoRexCM
Mysteryem
biollantefan54
Aieru
TyrannoFan
MilkAndCookies
Vago
Iridescence
MarkyDMan
Red-Indigo
Didzo
Descardion
Aletrius
NGin
Trick
flux
ArticShock
UltimateZob
Copperlou
Kevin92
Xaesheir
Pie4Pigs
Billith
Illusionary
Hutch
Icedmask
Lord_Lonestar
Skeletontail
Goober09
sjhorm
MjrGlory
die876
LoD
ProbablynotHax
Dormin
Jeff
Pikachu
Drew980
Sakiara
Shardna
world_piece
Shadow
Vereor
Andeavor
Vektrix
LordRemington
Arkanay
War
52 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Discuss Gaming here - Page 25 Empty Re: Discuss Gaming here

Post by ArticShock Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:34 am

Sins of a Solar Empire does look awesome, tt will definitely be on my list of games to obtain.

I got the game Skyrim a month ago, I have never been so addicted to a game before! I can't believe how many side quests and missions there are too.
ArticShock
ArticShock
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : ArticShock

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 pm

ArticShock wrote:
I got the game Skyrim a month ago, I have never been so addicted to a game before! I can't believe how many side quests and missions there are too.

It is a great game indeed! Very interesting story and engaging universe.

I've finished the main quest and done lots of side missions but didn't get to do a few things, such as the thieves guild questline and some of those daedra quests where you have to kill a follower of yours. I just didn't think they'd suit the type of character I had at all: a good-doer, if you wish. Razz

Here is a video showing something quite interesting. Bethesda crew had freedom for a week to put in the Skyrim whatever they wanted. It was a jam session with pretty cool results, such as spear fighting, mounted combat, etc. It was just something done for fun but they can always choose to implement something later on.

Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:18 pm

I've been spending a lot of time in Skyrim for the past week as well. With so much to do, I actually forgot what the main quest was... something about the dragons right? Let me just finish that side quest, I'l be right with you...

Compared to Morrowind and Oblivion, I find both the story line and the player character's involvement to be much clearer and comprehensible. You still were a prisoner to begin with but the fact you're a Dragonborn makes you a somewhat of a celebrity. You're drawn into the world and guided by NPC's and you get to listen into conversations... I love it!

Oh, and I love the Nords' accents, and I swear one of the voice actresses is the same from SpellForce 2, she speaks in the same silly made-up "English" accent where she pronounces all the a's like "aah" just to sound interesting. Ugh, it's annoying.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:39 pm

I agree with you that Skrim is a great improve in story from Oblivion (never finished Morrowwind so I can't comment). In fact I feel it greatly improved in alot of aspects.

Oddly, even though I've gotten to a very high level, I have done practically nothing in terms of main or even guild stuff. I'm barely anywhere into the main quest line and the only guild I finished was the fighters guild (can't remember actual name) and that's only because the fighter's guild story is very very short.

But even though I have a TON of stuff left to do in the game, I've found that I've lost interest rather quickly. Not sure why. I have basically no complaints about the game in any regards and it's alot of fun to play, but I've just lost interest.

I feel its possibly due to me losing interest in console gaming in the last year.

I really wish I had the pc version of skyrim now (especially since the mod tool has come out). But none of the pcs in our house are designed for gaming, thus I can't run a game like skyrim (well).

But on the bright side I actually managed to stumble upon a copy of Age of mythology while browsing a random game store in a little shopping center here. Was only $8 and came with the expansion.

Nearly exploded when I saw it. Been playing it alot since and it is still just as good as I remember it being.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 pm

It's funny, I can't stop doing side quests and have barely gotten far with the guild quests (besides the bard and mage), let alone the main quest(s).

Unless you're just wandering around aimlessly, which happened to me in Oblivion many times, then you should probably make one of the quests your priority and see if that brings you back in.

Also, if you've went and cleared out caves, barrows and other hideouts, they are all connected to a side or even main quest, so even after clearing them you may have to go back and kill/find who/whatever they ask you to.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:31 am

Andeavor wrote:
Also, if you've went and cleared out caves, barrows and other hideouts, they are all connected to a side or even main quest, so even after clearing them you may have to go back and kill/find who/whatever they ask you to.

"Dovahkiin, my daughter was killed by a giant spider in the cave behind our house. I ask you, please slay the monster and avenge my daughter! Oh, you've already killed the spider? Excellent. Here, take this bag of coins and a mushroom for your efforts."

DOVAHKIIN, DOVAHKIIN,
NAAL OK ZIN LOS VAHRIIN
WAH DEIN VOKUL MAHFAERAAK ASHT VAAL

Viking
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:03 am

Hmm, using the Oghma Infinium infinite use cheat to jump 38 levels to Lv 82 made the game kinda boring. Sad

I won't lie, though - Skyrim is probably one of the best games I've played.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:05 am

Aletrius wrote:Hmm, using the Oghma Infinium infinite use cheat to jump 38 levels to Lv 82 made the game kinda boring. Sad

It does get dull to one shot everything after some time but there's a certain satisfaction to it if you've been whooped for a while at the start. Still, I think what holds my interest the most are the many interesting stories going on, side-quests, followers quests and so on.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:11 am

Arkanay wrote:
Aletrius wrote:Hmm, using the Oghma Infinium infinite use cheat to jump 38 levels to Lv 82 made the game kinda boring. Sad

It does get dull to one shot everything after some time but there's a certain satisfaction to it if you've been whooped for a while at the start. Still, I think what holds my interest the most are the many interesting stories going on, side-quests, followers quests and so on.

Very true.

Meeting Krosis at Lv 8 has scarred me forever. Just strolling around the mountains, and I come across a Word Wall. Suddenly, a coffin that I didn't even notice blows up in my face and this thing is flying around shooting fireballs at me. Half an hour of hiding behind a rock and using potions + spells brought me victory, though. Cool
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:08 am

Andeavor wrote:It's funny, I can't stop doing side quests and have barely gotten far with the guild quests (besides the bard and mage), let alone the main quest(s).

Unless you're just wandering around aimlessly, which happened to me in Oblivion many times, then you should probably make one of the quests your priority and see if that brings you back in.

I believe your correct in that over-exploration is probably what did it. I can't count how many dungeons, caves, and hideouts I've cleared. Spent most of the time doing that.

And yep I learned that lesson when I started doing more questing, particularly once I joined the legion and they started saying "clear out this stronghold" and realizing I'd wasted my time by clearing it out a few hours prior Discuss Gaming here - Page 25 148326

I feel my other problem is that a good part of the fun in the elder scrolls games is leveling up and getting new abilities, but because I did so much exploration, I've already gotten to a very high level in most of the skills I selected to focus on, so there isn't much left in terms of leveling and getting cool new abilities.

Also I think it might be a bit of a mental block for me. My quest list is soo ridiculously long. I look at it and think "good god how am I supposed to do all of this D:". It's kind of like when you go to clean a messy room, and the room is just so unorganized, so jam pack full of trash that you don't have a clue as to where to get started Discuss Gaming here - Page 25 292741

I'm going to try giving it another go in the next few days and focusing on the main quest line, if for no other reason than to say "I finished the main quest".
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:42 am

LordRemington wrote:

Also I think it might be a bit of a mental block for me. My quest list is soo ridiculously long. I look at it and think "good god how am I supposed to do all of this D:". It's kind of like when you go to clean a messy room, and the room is just so unorganized, so jam pack full of trash that you don't have a clue as to where to get started Discuss Gaming here - Page 25 292741

I can easily relate to this.

I've found two ways to deal with that issue.
I'd either click the one with the most appealing name/goal, or at least the one that drew my attention, and then stick with it until I finished it or got bored of doing that.

Or

I'd "tag" every quest I had and check out in the main map which one I was closest to and take care of things that way.

I have to admit it felt overwhelming at times but that's what you've got to deal with being the Dovahkiin and all... Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 am

^ I do that but I start with the fetch-me-this and kill-me-that-guy, which are mostly miscellaneous or separate side quests.

However, whenever I discover a village or city, I speak with every Tom, SPORE and Harry and get all the quests I can for the time being, then I apply my strategy and try to finish all the quests related to that location so I won't have to go there for the rest of the game. And even if I discover a cave or barrow, I ignore it and fast travel there when needed.

Speaking of overpowering, I always encounter a dragon whenever I'm alone and unprepared. Only when I'm in the company of guards I will fight them, otherwise I try to flee and hide, especially from blood dragons, which can finish you off before you can defend yourself.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 am

Finished Demon's Souls

Tried New Game +

Oh boy is it hard. 40% more difficult than your first playthrough. Debating on whether to give it a decent go or to move on to Dark Souls.

Fighting Dragons in Skyrim is child's play compared to Demon's Souls / Dark Souls. However, they are all challenged in the mental development department.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:09 am

Star Wars: The Old Republic has drawn my attention. It seems like the type of game I could have a lot of fun with but honestly the price is currently throwing me off. Here's a review video with gameplay:

Edit: Managed to get a fair price for the game + gamecard for 60 days through amazon. Should arrive within half a month.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:57 pm

I am liking how Halo 4 looks, but those are just looks. No real, interesting specifics yet.

The footage is what you should pay attention to, basically the developers are telling you that halo is cool through the entire thing. If thats the lighting engine I am going to be quite pleased graphic wise, ah but if only they would show off the "everything else" in this game so I can decide whether I am wasting my money on another game.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:52 am

Drew980 wrote:I am liking how Halo 4 looks, but those are just looks. No real, interesting specifics yet.

The footage is what you should pay attention to, basically the developers are telling you that halo is cool through the entire thing. If thats the lighting engine I am going to be quite pleased graphic wise, ah but if only they would show off the "everything else" in this game so I can decide whether I am wasting my money on another game.

I was both excited and annoyed when they announced it. I want to know quite a bit more about where it's actually going before I really consider it at the moment.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Halo 4 could be good. There main focus though should be the story more than anything else. They left the end of Halo 3 rather open and in a way even hinted at a new series with the very end scene after the credits, so atleast it's not simply a case of taking a series that had a definitive end and then reviving it for the sole purpose of bringing back the franchise, which normally ends up destroying a franchise.

They have plenty to work with story wise, so I'm interested to see where they take the story. Personally I'd love it if the brought the forerunners directly into the story rather than just being part of the back story.

One thing I hope though, is that they go back to the mechanics halo 3 had, particularly for multiplayer. Halo:reaches mechanics were fine, but it wasn't as fun when you didn't feel like an unstoppable spartan, like you did in halo 3. You felt more like an ordinary soldier in reach.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:15 am

They announced some m0ar interesting things for the game.

- Assault Rifle is returning
- Battle Rifle is returning
- DMR from Reach is returning ( would have expected them to ditch it)
- Covenant and Covenant weapons returning (but covenant are apparently not fought during the story )

I am kinda wondering how the Covenant are going to be implemented story wise if we are not fighting them, friends maybe?

Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Drew980 wrote:
I am kinda wondering how the Covenant are going to be implemented story wise if we are not fighting them, friends maybe?

Would make sense that you wouldn't be fighting them. By the end of Halo 3, the elites had all but sided with the humans and with the prophets gone, it looked like they took over the covenant. Wouldn't make much sense if they all the sudden became enemies again.

I'd also guess they'll be allies as well.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:48 pm

M0ar Halo 4 Stuff because I am a nerd.

- Returning Armour Abilities include Hologram, Jet-Pack and Camo. A new ability to see through walls was shown and Sprint is now a baseline ability all players will have access to at all times.

- New Co-Op mode called Spartan Ops for up to four players in online Campaign-esque missions.

- Spartan OPs introduces new movies sequences and missions on a weekly basis which tells the story of the UNSC Infinity’s mission and battles the new Spartan IV’s face.

- Spartan Op missions are objective based and feature new content, events and locations each week. Spartan Ops missions also reward Spartan Points and feature selectable difficulty levels like Campaign.

- Firefight is absent and it is stated that there are no plans for it to return.

- A new faction from Reqium is introduced. Like the Covenant they will have unique and different enemy types, weapons and equipment. “If anything, they’re kind of elevated in terms of their intelligence and complexity relative to the Covenant.”

- The Covenant, at least Elites and Grunts, return but are not the primary enemy. (May imply that previous official statements have been disregarded as in this statement it is suggested that they are an enemy just not a primary one.)

Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:20 pm

The new Xbox One and PS4 sounds pretty cool! Too bad the PC trumps all. Very Happy

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Even though I have a gaming PC, I'll probably get one of the next gen consoles. Haven't decided which yet. I haven't looked to much into what they offer. I know popular opinion is PS4 is the way to go, but that seems largely based on the whole DRM thing that people flew into a stink about. I didn't think it was nearly as big of an issue as people were raging about.

I'll probably decide close to the release dates of the consoles when the details are more set in stone.

Also gargh, I'm not normally excited for game releases, but the trailer for GTA V makes it look like a butt ton of fun.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down