EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three up!

+10
NGin
Vektrix
TheEmilion
Shrooblord
LoD
Illusionary
Red-Indigo
SuperLoki
MarkyDMan
LordRemington
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Three up! Empty Three up!

Post by LordRemington Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:42 pm

It has been two years since Eurospore officially closed it's doors and we all went our separate ways (with the exception of the occasional visit).

Even though it has been that so long since the forums all but faded into the ether, I still find myself coming back here every so often for the sake of reminiscing and to see if anyone by chance has posted.

Beyond reminiscing I'd like to know where everyone has ended up and how their lives have changed since Eurospore ended.

So what are you guys up to?

-----

For myself, when Eurospore shut down, I was doing the last year of my Medical Science degree at the University of Western Sydney. Once I completed my degree, I was quite lost. I had little to no idea what I wanted to do with my life EXCEPT that I knew I didn't want to do anything in Medical Science. It left me quite down because I felt I had waste three years of my life. I was also at that point arranged to continue on and do an Honours degree in Medical Science with a professor I'd done a smaller project with in my third year, despite the fact I wasn't very interested in the project we were going to do.

I ended up having a bit of a meltdown and called the professor a mere week before Honours was meant to begin and told him I couldn't do it. He understood that I didn't want to end up in research and that the project he had wasn't right for me for but convinced me to continue with honours, as it would open many doors to alternate pathways. He even searched for another project that he thought would suit me and ended up introducing me to another professor looking at improving upper limb mobility in stroke patients, which I ended up taking.

In short, I loved the project. While I still wasn't a fan of doing scientific writing or combing over hundreds of research papers to find relevant articles, I loved working with the stroke patients and getting to know them. By the end of my honours degree I was certain that I wanted to work in a field that would allow me to work with and help rehabilitate people in a clinical setting, but I wasn't entirely sure  in what capacity.

I ended up working as a tutor and class laboratory supervisor at the uni during my Honours degree and for six months afterwards.

By late June this year I was again beginning to worry that I still lacked direction and that I was in the exact same place I had been directly after finishing my undergraduate. As it happened a friend of mine was giving a presentation at Macquarie University about his research. I ended up tagging along to give him support. However while I was there I learned about their Post-graduate Physiotherapy (Physical therapy in other places) program and almost immediately I was hooked. There was only a few days left to apply, so I immediately got all the documents and recommendations I could from professors I knew and applied. There were only 60 spots for the 450 applicants so I wasn't particularly hopeful, but about 1 month later I got the letter in the mail that I had been accepted. I was over the moon.

I started the course on August 20th and I've loved every second of it. It's been extremely challenging thus far but unlike my undergraduate where I fought through assessments because I wanted to get good grades, I'm now working hard because I want to be be the best physiotherapist I can be.  For the first time in a very long time I'm certain that I'm on the right path and I'm not worried about my future.

And that's pretty much where I am at now. I've got final examinations for this semester in a few weeks, which is quite nerve wracking but I'm still very happy.

Hope you are all healthy and happy, where ever you are Smile
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Three up! Empty Re: Three up!

Post by MarkyDMan Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:40 am

I've gone through quite a similarly dramatic change since Eurospore ended, although mine perhaps more planned than anything. Eurospore closed during school year 11, which is the last year of compulsory education. I did really well in my GCSEs, which allowed me to continue on at my high school into Sixth Form, which is where my social life drastically changed. I was always quite an introvert, and I wasn’t really part of any friends group. I had a couple of friends, but these were split between groups so it always ended up as me not actually doing anything with either group. However, Sixth Form was a whole other ball game, with people who used to make my school life painful not getting back in and everyone being a bit more care-free! I made really good friends with a bunch of people I’d been decent friends with before, and I went from playing games all Friday every Friday to receiving a couple of texts during Maths with details of when and where we’d meet for pre-drinks before going to a bar or restaurant. It was probably the happiest two years of my life in Sixth Form so far.

At sixth form for the first year I was fairly sure I wanted to do architecture, it wasn’t until second year I realised I actually didn’t, and had wanted to do engineering but in a different discipline. Thinking back to my childhood, it’s kinda funny how ‘into’ engineering and stuff I was, always designing vehicles and devices. Not surprisingly, it’s come full circle and I decided to study engineering. Come the end of sixth form I had a load of great friends, but always spent weekends playing games, even with some people from here still!

Right now? I feel okay posting this since the engineering department is at least 2000+ people, although my name’s easy to guess. I’m 18 and have been going to the gym, I’m not so worried about meeting people as I was when I was 15 and scrawny! I’m at Coventry University, in my first year obviously, and made 8 friends I’ve become ridiculously close too, and it’s 5 weeks in. I already had a friends group 6 hours after moving in, which I was thoroughly impressed with! I’m having a fantastic time, and everyone now and then I still get in touch with some of you guys that I have on Skype and Twitter!

Take care and stay safe,

MarkyDMan/MotionBlyr over and out
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:59 pm

Y'know it's really great to hear you two are doing well, and to see some old, but very familiar names. Remmy, with what you described was going on near the end of your honours and undergraduate, I'm really glad to hear that things took a positive turn for you, and you are happy with what you're doing now :)

I had a catch-up with Marky just yesterday, and EuroSpore came on topic. I saw Remmy's post, I saw a couple of other posts within the last couple of years... YEARS. I can't believe how quickly it's all gone past.

My last memories of EuroSpore are really fuzzy. I remember a lot of good and wonderful things here, but I also remember a dark cloud and something making me leave... I can not remember what. I had gotten a message from Arkanay and Andy a while back, happy to hear they're doing well, and I hope they still are now.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

One thing I remember quite well was being a whiney miserable girl here. For that I apologize - but more importantly, I thank you all very, very much for the support you had given me :) My last memory was I was in an overcrowded position at home. Some time after I had spent a year living with my Dad's family, which improved the situation, until they all got their claws digging into me, and I was more unhappy than I felt before I moved homes. Suddenly I was 18, and suddenly I was expected to behave like the adult I was never taught to be.

Well. I started playing a lot of World of Warcraft, and got really hooked. Entertained? Distracted? Addicted? Who knows, to be honest. But I made some really, truly valuable friends there. Probably some closer to those I've made in Spore, and the friends I have in Spore, I still remember many of them now.

To make the long stories short, and after my first meeting with my guild, I had gotten more and more involved with one of my friends. It SPORE off my Dad's family, and in time, I was kicked out of home, which allowed me to move out of London entirely, away from my family, I was forced to drop my college courses just as they were nearly finished, and into a life of true adulthood. And honestly? This is a decision I've never looked back on.

I think I started playing Spore when I was 13? I've gone through a whole mixture of phases, many of which I believe I forced upon some of you. Well, I'm 20 years old now, I feel grown up, and I'm finally, happy. Really happy. I have a partner I never thought I'd have, my own home, my cat that has more personality than some of the people I'd known in London. Hell, I even have a job! And really, not the kind of job I'd expected... I'm still kicking it up in Spore! xD After all this time, this random creative game has had that much of an impact on my life.

I now spend my time either creating things in Spore for Youtube, playing WoW and meeting more friends, and spending time with my boyfriend. It might not be the ideal lifestyle society wants, I wasn't able to complete my education or get a real job I wanted. But, I get to have a lot of fun, fulfill my favorite hobbies, be fairly comfortable with money, and have time to look back and think about memories like EuroSpore.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... A lot of you had seen me at my worst, and all offered help and advice, or even just comfort. Last I remember, I disappeared and left a lot of great friends in the shadows. I want to say thank you, for everything. I want to say I'm doing well now, and I'm comfortable. I still think about many of you quite regularly - you specifically, Vektrix, I haven't heard from you in ages! And Shrooblord, I've seen your posts here and in Darkspore, but kept on putting them off until I thought of a good enough reply (nasty habit I have). I remember our talks, and I hope you're doing well as well!

I don't use Steam anymore, which I have most of my contacts on, but I'm still around on Skype: "TheRebecca1208", should anyone fancy a chat.

I hope ALL of you are doing well, you're all happy and healthy, and hopefully, we all get to hear from each other more soon :)
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:27 am

This will probably sit here for a few more months, without any one looking but that's okay. It's amazing that we all still come here occasionally to look back on the time we all spent as a community. I don't think anyone had any idea how much of an impact the game, or more so the community that came from that would have.

---

It's really great to see so many of you in a good place right now. I remember Remi humming and harr-ing about career choices, I'm so glad to see that it worked out in your favour in the end Smile

I knew about Marky, I still talk to Marky occasionally. We even play stupid games sometimes, I think the last time was derping on a Gmod server, with Turt (LoD) 'singing' over voice chat. It's pretty cool that even after all these years a lot of us still find a way to meet up occasionally and say, 'hey, hows things?' It's like that saying that good friends can go ages without speaking but when they do, it's like they spoke yesterday.

I have a little less time to play games now than I did when I was at sixth form because I work full time. It's just at a local branch of a larger retailer but I work as their charity person, so it involves doing all sorts of things for the local community as well as national charities. I enjoy it and although I don't have the focus, direction or uni stuff behind me I'm happy in where I am for the time. I'd like to carry on with this sort of work in the future but where that will lead me, I have no idea, all part of it though!

I still play Monster Hunter though, (Kevin, Shardna, I miss you guys we were a good team) although now the regions are unlocked with it I can play with Sj. Pity though that my other hunting buddies are AWOL, we'd of had a full team :p Smash 4 is another game I play a little, cookie for the person who guesses my 'main'. Turt and Sj play sometimes. If you guys have a wii U feel free to add me, same name as here I believe (:

I play Guild Wars 2 pretty avidly still too, thank Ryujiin for that. We used to play together a fair bit there, but he plays Final Fantasy as his MMO fix now. We still talk a lot though. I miss my MC buddies too, although I'm so over Minecraft, just wish there was another game that could bring us together again like that.

---

Going back to my first wall of text, it really is amazing how much everyone here, the community, has had as part of my life. People might look from the outside and not really understand it, criticise it maybe. But I've met like minded people, the likes of which I may never have otherwise come across in the whole of my life without this. That, to me, is something pretty special in my mind.

So on that note, I guess I will say that I miss all of you but its fantastic to see that you drop in from time to time to see what's going on. It's even better that so many of you are doing well and are happy in your lives. I hope that's true for everyone else who hasn't posted in a while too.

Take care all Smile

Last edited by Red-Indigo on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:30 am

You underestimate the power of the topic reply notification email! I still can't believe people visit this place, although it's an awesome reminder of how much it's meant to everyone!

I've no idea whether I've got much to update on to be honest, since I posted in October - Christmas was nice, I now have a girlfriend, and that's about it!

Still a student, still dirt poor, still borderline alcoholic ;P
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi everybody I don’t know if you’ll remember your local neighborhood friendly American ghostofillusion/ghostCatalyst/ghostCyst/whatever on here… I don’t remember why I chose the name Illusionary.

I was literally like 12 years old when I first started posting on the Sporum, and then maybe 13 when I started posting to ES… looking at everyone’s ages, it turns out my realities behind everybody were really skewed. I always looked up to Rebecca as an older sister and Marky as a brother (who I *THOUGHT* was a little younger, but I guess I was wrong… found that out on fb a couple weeks ago hahaha).

But looking back on all this… it’s scary. Wanna know why? Because I didn’t keep in contact with anybody from Spore at all… I added people on Steam but they usually weren’t on when I was. Or I’d see them on Facebook and I’d wonder “Who is this person? Why did I add them in the first place?” but then their name looks oddly familiar and I’ll keep them.

I don’t even know what caused me to start looking back at the forums again… oh wait yes I do. I was in my computer science class at University of California Riverside and my Computer Science teacher mentioned something about message boards. Suddenly I remembered, “I used to spend a lot of time on a message board or two…” and I immediately let all the memories start coming back. Low-key kind of cried…

But anyway I don’t know how I lost interest in the forums. Probably life in general, like all y’all said.

Basically I’m living life like a normal child… I’m not the smartest person ever, but people ask me for help on homework. I’m wasn’t the popular person in my high school but everyone cheered at my graduation speech… (you can watch it here if you’re curious about it). And now I’m in college like a normal college student…

Spore changed me, but in a different way. It taught me how to be stylistic. And how to appreciate the style of other people… how to respect them and their style. Their styles of living, styles of art, tastes in music, taste in food… I just love being non-judgmental toward people. My person in real life eventually became the positive person that I tried to emulate online when I was just 13… so weird to think…

My day to day is kinda typical… weekdays I’m hanging out with my hallmates in college since my family doesn’t wanna drive super far to visit me. On weekends I’ll either sleep in or party… and I don’t mean regular party I mean I kinda dictate the party because after I stopped taking graphic design and video games as seriously I decided to become a DJ… I don’t have much money so I just go wherever my friends need me and it’s a lot of fun. Very social, very ratchet things might happen because it’s college parties in America… I never post about it on social media because my parents think I’m a good boy. But I’m also a regular church go-er (I taught Sunday school for a good year or so, but that’s a whole different story).

So yeah. I’m studying economics right now. Not too sure what I’m gonna do with my life right now, because you could be planning something a whole year or two in advance and it could all just change… kind of like these message boards. I don’t know where life will take me but I’m willing to face it head on.

Lowkey Marky is pretty good looking, not gonna lie hehehehe

Find me on Twitter or Facebook or Steam or Skype if you wanna keep in touch Smile I love seeing all the familiar faces...
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:08 am

Well hello there Eurosporeons, it's ya boy MarkyDMan/MotionBlyr/Mark comin' at ya on a beautiful summers day in England!

As some of you might notice, I updated OP to reflect that it has been over 3 (three! That’s one more than two!) years since ES closed its doors. What has prompted this post was seeing Ghost/Ramon update his profile picture because he’s a don, and missing our photoshop-related discussions. However, I digress – such small things often prompt my mind to spiral off into memories of what once was, including this place. I’ve finished my first year of university, did fairly well in my exams, and I’m now relaxing at home. The last time I properly updated what’s on here was October last year, which seems like a lifetime ago already. It seems bizarre that when Eurospore closed it was around or just before my GCSE exams, which really hits home – in December, I’ll be 20 bearing in mind I started playing Spore when I was 12, and I joined ES around the age of 13. Appended to the bottom of this piece of academic writing will be a photo of myself as of May, and in my opinion the difference is pretty staggering. I’ve grown a lot over the course of my freshers year at university, both physically and emotionally – I’m coming up to 6’2” now, although to be accurate we’ll call it 6’1.5”! Also, the relationship with my girlfriend that I mentioned in passing is turning out to be pretty serious, which is cool – she’s a really positive influence on me, both physically (she’s a modern pentathlete and I play video games, so I credit her with a good amount of my gym motivation) and mentally, showing me who I am when I’m around someone I truly care about. I can’t claim to be the perfect boyfriend, but I do my utmost, and being with her is one of those small joys in life that make the world a better place. It’ll be 6 months in 3 weeks time – July 21st.

I’ve just recently started Photoshop again, but I still play games as avidly as before, although with a few more breaks for normal stuff of course! I mainly play World of Tanks, World of Waships, Cities: Skylines and GTA V. I still have the same insanely eclectic music taste, and I’m still a massive geek.

University is going well – as I mentioned before, 6 weeks into uni I was confident I had a strong group of friends. Those original 7 friends (“The fam”) have branched into a good 15+ people (“The extended fam”) who I share my days with. I’m living with the 3 other guys in my university fam, in quite possibly the most awesome house ever, both the place and the people. First year was a McDonalds-fest, but now we’re cooking for ourselves I’ve taken it upon myself to learn how to cook using a Jamie Oliver book my girlfriend bought for me. Tonights “Chez Mark” dish was a chicken and chorizo paella! Razz In our house we have two white british guys, including myself, a guy of Indian descent and a guy of Nigerian descent. Between us our culinary range is massive, so I’m really looking forward to eating some proper African food, and my friend Tom makes a MEAN Mexican beef chilli apparently.

I guess looking back Eurospore came at a key time in my life. I made a lot of good friends, some of whom I’m still in contact with today, I’m looking at you here Trickatel! It’s been such a shame that ES died out since after so many years the fact I’m still drawn here and I’m not alone proves how much more than a mere gaming community it was. Looking back at some of the old threads is hilarious, and due to the way my memory works I can vividly remember typing some of those responses all those years ago. Seems like only yesterday it closed, and yet it also feels like decades ago. It’s kind of a shame we don’t have any active admins, since it’d be fun to reopen some sections and make sure that Eurospore doesn’t get auto-deleted by Forumotion. Plus it’d be fun to do a few admin-y things to tidy up and make ES a proper place for us to reminisce, since I know at least I’d enjoy that, and it would give me the excuse to do some more photoshop work!

If any of you want to contact me, I’m happy to be added on Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Steam, whatever. Just message me on here or find me on Steam/Skype to get further info. I’m MarkyDMan on skype, and MotionBlyr on Steam. It’d be cool to catch up, and maybe even arrange a meetup if anyone’s in the London/Essex area any time soon!

MarkyDMan, signing off

PS:

Here's me at the summer ball

And here's my list of recently-liked songs:
Three up! 2z76d77

Last edited by MarkyDMan on Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:34 am

Hey guys. It's LoD. Long time no see, I guess the only person that will actually read this relatively soon would be Marky. It's crazy how times have changed, I hope everyone is doing well. Redindigo/Orb hasn't been on steam in over 2 months. The only person I still talk to is SJ. :/

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrooblord Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:09 am

Hello. It's Shrooblord.

It's been years (and I mean yeeears) since my last serious post. Looking back on my own profile, that was way back in 2011. Man. 2011.

This place holds a lot of memories for me. I remember those chat-based RPs going on! I keenly remember this one time I was in chat when I think Andeavor said he had to leave because he was meeting his gf (those words to the letter). I believe he said he was 20 at the time. I was so inspired by that for some reason... being a mod and leaving to go see your girlfriend. "Wow!" Heh what a kid

I miss posting here. I miss the people who I used to talk to when I was on here. I remember you all very well.

How is life? I hope you're all okay. I remember my last visit (there's the occasional one!!) had me trawling through the history of Lorelei for some reason - I believe it was because I wanted to redownload a Spore creation I had of hers. Something went down in the community at some point I was never a part of. Strange how the internet preserves things about people you knew, you didn't know about, how you can read all that back. Ha I remember arguments and cease-fires, building up this website when I was still designing/cleaning smileys and rank banners and stuff. Hey, look:
Pirate
There's one of mine! ^^
Thing is, it doesn't really matter if bad things go down, as long as it's all resolved eventually. We all remember the good times, in the end. We laugh about when things turn sour. They become stories to tell and reminisce over with friends (you guys!). Let's reminisce together!

I'm in University now. Third year already. I'm rounding up that phase of my life somewhere next year. Wow - how time flies. I've recently (time is relative - this was three months ago already) revisited Spore and Galactic Adventures. I made a new Adventure from scratch and was really proud of it. I hope I published it... I should look into that actually
I'm looking to find work in indie game development, possibly. At the same time I'm pushing my musical frontiers to produce music for games or films, following the likes of Éric Chevalier, Alexander Brandon and Hans Zimmer (now there's a name to look up to). And then I'm also exploring jobs that have nothing to do with computers - the world out there is a lot bigger than the digital space we converse with!
In short, I'm not sure what the future holds. But I know it'll be exciting.

Hope to bump into one of you some day in real life. That'd be a treat. Heh - maybe we already did once, and never knew about it. I'd like that.

Take care,
Shrooblord
Shrooblord
Shrooblord
Regular
Regular

Female
Spore Name : Shrooblord

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEmilion Tue May 10, 2016 2:03 am

Since Eurospore shut down I've been doing mostly non-Spore things (not of my own choice). I'm in Uni and I like to think I'm more mature now. Seriously, I cringe at my old posts whenever I look at them.
TheEmilion
TheEmilion

Male
Spore Name : koopakilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Well, guys, months since a post, and I dare say at least 5 years since I have been here. My life is still as weird as ever, but clearly many of you have now been to Uni whilst I simply get older.

I am now a Support Worker and avidly gaming on as some may have noticed by Steam activity. It is such a pity I in particular seem to have stopped communicating.

On a side note, I am itching to run another forum.... gah!
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:42 am

Hi :-)

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:52 am

Omg guys :O

Hi! I'm so pleased you are doing well Vek. You totally should run another forum, that'd be aaaaamazing Surprised
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NGin Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:06 am

Saw a link to this on my dA profile from LoD and checked in to see if it's still up. Amazingly so!

I probably won't be well known around here as I was around the beginning of the forum's lifetime and from the original Spore forum days.

Been a wild ride for me too. In third year of college studying IT, working 2 jobs, left Greece for South Africa in 2013 (finally!). Finally stopped being antisocial, became much better with the girls too Razz
Currently in a bit of a bind in terms of living with bad housemates and in a not-the-best area of Cape Town, but otherwise always improving. Radically changed since my Spore days.

Still using the same PC rig since 2010, too broke to upgrade lol. Can't wait for that sweet first real developer job income!

Add me on Steam and/or Facebook if you want to catch up!

Hunf is still here! My favourite smiley ever Hunf Hunf Hunf Hunf

I'm going to keep this page open for a while, see who else springs up. Also, the post thing seems broken for me, after posting (i.e. editing) the text is white so can't see anythinmg I'm typing XD
NGin
NGin
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:26 am

Lol I remember posting that on your account, bro. Smile Nice to see you here!

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:15 am

How's everyone hanging? Smile
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:02 pm

On February the 18th it would have been six years since I last posted anything on these forums. I am too early. .

I didn't expect to find anyone posting here at all.

Hello.
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:46 am

I miss most of you guys. I say most as I am still in contact with some of you.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:51 am

What's up y'all! Man It's been so long...I remember when we would all be on this site almost 24/7 just having a blast (for the most part lol).

A lot has changed since my last post on here. I'm finishing up my third year of college currently, and I FINALLY turn 21 in April. That's right, I'm not the same 14 year old that you all knew and (hopefully) loved. I'm studying biology and hope to become a nature photographer after college.

As for Spore, I actually tried to buy another copy (seeing as I lost my old one) a few months ago in an attempt to create again. However the disc is incompatible with my laptop, so it appears my creating days are over.

I hope everyone is doing well! I know we all don't talk as much as we used to but I've not forgotten y'all and wish the best for everybody! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

- Blazeer
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 pm

I am happy that there are still people coming after all this time. Really,. wow. : )

I remember names of people including(but not limited to) both of you; Vektrix, Blazeer. But I've got no clue who you actually are. Don't think any of you here really know me either, seeing as I never was the most social one around.

I used to know Spore players who weren't on Eurospore a bit better, but I don't talk to anyone anymore. Might be because I stopped communicating just like I did here with you. Feels kinda bad, it's just like real life.

Seeing as you post all your successes here, I thought I should let you know there are failures too, to keep things balanced. I am a failure. Yes, a real sob story.

I was in college where I studied Japanese (or tried to at the very least), and along the way I kept losing stuff. Friends, family, money, etc. The usual.
Spore was released ten years ago.. -Looking back I am amazed how easy it is to ruin your life in such a short period of time.

But I am glad you are all doing so well.
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:14 pm

Some odd part of my brain reminded me of this place so I came to check up, really nice to see people posting every now and then, hope you are all well.

Time's certainly flown by! I'm currently in my final year studying Psychology, and have around a month or so left before I finish. In the summer I'll be heading to the International Space University for a summer course which I'm really excited about as I want to work in the space industry. I've had the privilege of doing internships and courses with organisations in the field already and I simply adore it, so I know it's what I want to do. Through sheer luck on one internship I had the fortune of meeting a lot of astronauts which was fantastic. Anyway I'll stop ranting about space stuff because I could honestly go on forever Razz

On a more serious note I hope you all are happy and healthy, looking back at the years I wasn't in a good spot at around 2010ish and am personally very glad to have grown out a different person. Then again, who doesn't look back at some old posts and cringe? Very Happy

Much love,

Trick

Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Hey guys!

Good golly, it’s kind of amazing that people have been checking in this entire time (or maybe it’s not, after all I’m here too—I’ve poked my head in a couple times actually, just… whenever I’ve tried writing anything I’ve never gotten very far. Until now obviously). Can’t lie, I kinda miss this place, and the nice little community it built up. And the people too. Definitely wouldn’t mind getting back in touch with folks.

Anyway, a ton has happened the last few years but I guess to keep things simple I’ll go over some of the major beats.

Like some of you, when I first joined here I was basically a dumb kid (or it sure feels like), and since that time I’ve grown up a ton and had to do so very quickly… Though it sure doesn’t feel like it’s been very long.

I took some time to do some travelling, including to Europe, which was great. Actually been a couple times now, staying for weeks at a time. Have a good friend who lives over there who I met on business, but he’s always a joy to see. I quite miss Europe tbh, can’t wait to go back sometime.

I’m currently close to the end of University. I’ll be graduating next year. The entire experience has been a blur through. I’m finding it harder to distinguish what year was what and easier to identify the time frame by major events that happened. The road to get here has been… complicated, and full of bumps along the way. Still though, the end is in sight, and then I need to figure out… what comes next.

But even though it was a blur it hasn’t always been a great time. There’s been some things that went really well. And there’s been some things that… really didn’t go according to plan, to put it very generously. It’s not worth getting into now. I won’t go into detail but I greatly empathize with Aieru above. There’ve been some really good things, but there’s been some bad things, and a lot has been lost along the way. And so now I have to kinda just… sit here and wonder how I got here and how things got so bad in the first place.

A while ago I met somebody who… She was really my trusty companion for years. She was something pretty special. We spent a lot of time together and were an amazing team and… it was great. For a while. Didn’t pan out in the end though. It’s really sad but… it’s not any one person’s fault. I’ll always be willing to admit I made some big mistakes and there were some things I really wish I handled differently. But… there were definitely things she could have handled differently too. We didn’t talk for a long time after things fell apart. We reconnected more recently and started talking again, and she really helped me through some of my darkest times… But things have gotten very strained. It’s just… I dunno man. The whole thing sucks.

I know we had a small but dedicated community of Monster Hunters here for a while… I made some new hunter-friends since leaving here, but I’ve lost contact with most of them. If any of y’all happen to be around I’d love to get together and go on some quests sometime. I remember one of you in particular we tried making a sick intricate MH-based arena project in Spore… Never panned out though, as I recall there was some buggy stuff we never managed to fix and it never really got finished. Too bad because it had some real potential. Oh well. If you happen to be around, perhaps now we can go on some new adventures or something? It’s a perfect time for it.

I worked for a period in game dev. A project I made some major contributions to is out now, which I guess is kind of exciting. I have no interest in sharing it now though. I left the team a while ago, in the wake of some highly questionable things that happened and after realizing that it had turned into a highly toxic work environment and was a very different place from how it used to be. In it’s current form I don’t feel like it is a project I can support. I’ll always be proud of the contributions I made to it (among the most substantial of which are still in use), but the end product is just something I can’t be proud of.

I’m currently not working on any projects. But, I’d be open to it. At it’s best it was an amazing experience, and definitely something I wouldn’t mind doing more of. I saw some of you in this thread are into that sort of thing too. So, if anyone here is interested in one of them creative types, something like a concept designer or art director or similar, hit me up and I might be willing to lend my services (or at least provide a good and informed conversation).

Also helped me realize how the Spore expansion was kinda like a really basic game dev kit. The tools were extremely simple and watered down and basic, but really all the core tools were there. I guess designing stuff in Spore to designing stuff for real was a bit of a logical leap for me, ha… I enjoyed it though, I like creating things and I miss it (also me GA disc got kinda damaged at one point so…).

Has anyone thought about creating a Skype group or Discord server for us to reconvene collectively?  Just a suggestion, might be neat. In the meantime my inbox is open for email, PM, etc., for anyone who wouldn’t mind talking.

Best wishes to all, and hopefully things are going well for the rest of you.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:28 am

Dino, a discord is actually a great idea, I hope more people see this!
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:31 am

Hey; so I dunno if you guys are still about in any way. SJ told me about the above today. The discord. So I went ahead and made one. I have posted it in ALLL the groups I could think of/had perms to do so.

Link is here: https://discord.gg/tgxHekS

Its basic as anything right now. But if more people join, hopefully we can make it something Smile
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:33 am

Oh and PS; Dino. Hey :p Mon Hun world? I am up for that, yesssss.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next