EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

+6
Goober09
Kevin92
LordRemington
Shardna
Arkanay
Red-Indigo
10 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Monster Hunter Tri Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Monster Hunter Tri Discussion

Post by Kevin92 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:25 am

i should play monster hunter in the next time, again! the break was long enough Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 pm

I know Kevin... I need to go on there I miss hunting Sad Minecraft is evil and the TV is usually being used in the afternoons... So its hard getting on there. But I will make some time Very Happy

Haha, poor SJ. I hate when you are lining up a perfect counter and some idiot decides it'd be a great idea to superpound/upswing you right there and then. Lances need to take time to get the hit, this is what frustrates me the most about them (or more people who like to upswing next to you).

You can get a fire Lance when you get to Aggy. Or you can do 'Bloodsport' online to get the event fire lance once you are at HR 18. Although I don't know what you need to craft it so the materials might be out of reach... not sure Smile
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Red-Indigo wrote:I know Kevin... I need to go on there I miss hunting Sad Minecraft is evil and the TV is usually being used in the afternoons... So its hard getting on there. But I will make some time Very Happy

Haha, poor SJ. I hate when you are lining up a perfect counter and some idiot decides it'd be a great idea to superpound/upswing you right there and then. Lances need to take time to get the hit, this is what frustrates me the most about them (or more people who like to upswing next to you).

You can get a fire Lance when you get to Aggy. Or you can do 'Bloodsport' online to get the event fire lance once you are at HR 18. Although I don't know what you need to craft it so the materials might be out of reach... not sure Smile

I still need to finish that powderstone quest. Mad
I like that online monsters are slightly tougher than offline ones, as it prepares me for the offline ones better. Very Happy
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:47 pm

Very Happy yeah... I remember going online and the first event quest I tried was the Jump four Jaggi. I thought it would be easy... so I tried to solo it. I am sad to say I quit after saying... its too hard! Laughing I can solo that in like 3 mins now.

Still no luck with the powderstones? What setup are you using? Is it the monsters or the transporting thats giving you trouble?
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:00 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Very Happy yeah... I remember going online and the first event quest I tried was the Jump four Jaggi. I thought it would be easy... so I tried to solo it. I am sad to say I quit after saying... its too hard! Laughing I can solo that in like 3 mins now.

Still no luck with the powderstones? What setup are you using? Is it the monsters or the transporting thats giving you trouble?

The Uragaan has got me everytime. >:[
As soon as I see the Uragaan I ragequit the quest, cause I'm scurred.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:22 am

Lol, that uragaan is a pain Very Happy

Take psychoserum just before you pick up the stone. He alternates between areas 7,6 and 8. (I think... its those 3 connected in the middle of the map, anyway) If you see him just turn around and go the other way.

The only thing that can hurt you is him roaring and you possibly dropping the stone. If you are quick enough he might not even see you.

You could always try and gem sneak in I guess?

Lol gann isnt that bad, he's one of the stupider monsters Razz
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:24 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Lol, that uragaan is a pain Very Happy

Take psychoserum just before you pick up the stone. He alternates between areas 7,6 and 8. (I think... its those 3 connected in the middle of the map, anyway) If you see him just turn around and go the other way.

The only thing that can hurt you is him roaring and you possibly dropping the stone. If you are quick enough he might not even see you.

You could always try and gem sneak in I guess?

Lol gann isnt that bad, he's one of the stupider monsters Razz

Alright, it doesn't hurt to try. D:

Lol, I thought the same thing about Barroth. Blindly charging and smashing into things. But monsters like Lagiacrus have a certain majesty to them, and seem rather intelligent, more than just a big water snake. Just another layer of depth to this game. Razz
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 am

Well good luck in any case Very Happy

Yep, with you on that one. Some just seem to be more instinctual, ie 'Duuuh I hear somthing... DERP I know I'll smash it... Ahurrhurr.' An others are more sophisticated. Lagi, being one and I'd put los, blos and Jho up there too.

(On a side note... hahah, meanwhile at Mojang XD )

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:11 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Well good luck in any case Very Happy

Yep, with you on that one. Some just seem to be more instinctual, ie 'Duuuh I hear somthing... DERP I know I'll smash it... Ahurrhurr.' An others are more sophisticated. Lagi, being one and I'd put los, blos and Jho up there too.

(On a side note... hahah, meanwhile at Mojang XD )

Laughing yeah, namely the raptordromes and the rock monsters. XD

And some of them just seem so evil, like gigginox or gobul. They exude evil in every way. Razz
And I think Jhen Mohran is one that wouldn't bother you unless you bothered it first. Seems like a gigantic sand whale.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:55 am

Yeah, I feel sorry for poor Jhen. He's like Moby SPORE Razz I feel the same about ceadeus too.

Alatreon is the only Elder that I think I'll feel good about beating up Razz

It's funny how you can give each of the monsters personalities... They all have their own character, with Jho being the cool guy B)
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:10 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Yeah, I feel sorry for poor Jhen. He's like Moby SPORE Razz I feel the same about ceadeus too.

Alatreon is the only Elder that I think I'll feel good about beating up Razz

It's funny how you can give each of the monsters personalities... They all have their own character, with Jho being the cool guy B)

lol Moby SPORE
but yeah, Qurupeco's being that person everybody hates, because they think so much, and rathalos is so ANGRY

Today I fought a couple monsters with some people. Except...they were all using Longswords. And they were all using Ananta Boneblades, the starter long sword, which every guy and his brother seems to have. So that meant once again that I was going to be knocked around half the battle.

But then we fought a Lagiacrus, and they used lances and SnS at that point, so I was safe lol.
Lagiacrus isn't as tough as the game makes him sound, he's actually pretty fun to fight.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:47 am

As far as MH flagship monsters go he's a pom pom wielding poodle in a swimsuit. I think possibly because they were worried about how players would deal with the aquatic moves.

Ugh, people and their boneblades. Most people have them because they have just unlocked them and are all eager to use them, without even realising what they do to others if you spirit spam and roundslash all the time.

I hate it when Im the only person without the LS. Its like being a pinball. LS are really good weapons but people rely too much on fade slashes and the combo with them. The paralysis is a nice touch though...
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 am

Red-Indigo wrote:As far as MH flagship monsters go he's a pom pom wielding poodle in a swimsuit. I think possibly because they were worried about how players would deal with the aquatic moves.

Ugh, people and their boneblades. Most people have them because they have just unlocked them and are all eager to use them, without even realising what they do to others if you spirit spam and roundslash all the time.

I hate it when Im the only person without the LS. Its like being a pinball. LS are really good weapons but people rely too much on fade slashes and the combo with them. The paralysis is a nice touch though...
If there's one person with a LS, it's okay. I just attack on the other side of the monster. But when there's so many of them...

Heh, when we fought the Lagi, we all had debilitating elements on ours, like I had sleep, the one guy had ice, another had paralysis, and the other had poison. It was funny, because when he finally got frozen, I thought the game glitched. XD
Lagi is about to smash me, and all of a sudden...He just stops moving. Then when I saw the ice cloud, I felt so relieved. It was awesome. They even let me sleep bomb him! awesome

Now, is it worth it to get the Lagi armor? It looks super cool but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Same thing with the Rathalos armor. It sounds like it's a lot of trouble to obtain it.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:41 am

the only trouble with the los+ armor is the helmet, cause you need a los-ruby^^

god i wanted to play today, BUT my wii-fi didn't work o.0
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Wait... you can freeze monsters?

Seriously? I just thought it did elemental damage 0.o Wow.

Yeah 1 LS user is fine, but being the only one in a four without one. No thanks!

Errrm, armour. Lagi is a great choice although it does mess up your status so if you use a lot of status weapons its not the best choice. The added element up is a huge help though and the swimming does help for some monsters *coughCeaduescough*

The Los armour is a definate must have. The Helm is a pain to obtain in high ranks, as kevin mentioned... But if you want the best set of skills you will want to overforge the LR helm anyway, so you can do with it at a lower defense while you try for the ruby.

Basicly, Lagi is a good armour but Los is way more important skill set wise.

---

Oh, that's a pity kevin Sad Haven't really had the chance to go on (the TV is usually being used when I want to use it Laughing )

My wifi was being really glitchy before you went to Italy. I couldn't connect to hardly any rooms and it kept kicking me. I hope their servers aren't slowing down Sad
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:31 pm

that's bad indi... i try it again today Very Happy hope it works! Wink
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:55 am

Hope so too Very Happy

Yeah, it will let me in a room for like 2 mins but then no sooner we are on a quest I get kicked... Or it won't show any of the available rooms on the list at the gate. Hm.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:52 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Wait... you can freeze monsters?

Seriously? I just thought it did elemental damage 0.o Wow.

Yeah 1 LS user is fine, but being the only one in a four without one. No thanks!

Errrm, armour. Lagi is a great choice although it does mess up your status so if you use a lot of status weapons its not the best choice. The added element up is a huge help though and the swimming does help for some monsters *coughCeaduescough*

The Los armour is a definate must have. The Helm is a pain to obtain in high ranks, as kevin mentioned... But if you want the best set of skills you will want to overforge the LR helm anyway, so you can do with it at a lower defense while you try for the ruby.

Basicly, Lagi is a good armour but Los is way more important skill set wise.

---

Oh, that's a pity kevin Sad Haven't really had the chance to go on (the TV is usually being used when I want to use it Laughing )

My wifi was being really glitchy before you went to Italy. I couldn't connect to hardly any rooms and it kept kicking me. I hope their servers aren't slowing down Sad

I don't know if it was frozen, but it suddenly stopped moving. I think that must be it, anyway.

As for the armors, I'll just manage to get both. Lagi armor is pretty easy to get anyhow, and it looks sweet, so if anything I'll just use it to fight some of the monsters I'm weak to in my Barroth armor.
Although I don't want to get a Rathalos plate. D: That will take forever. Sad

This is sorta sad, but I'm almost dependent on ChaCha to defeat a monster. Not because of his attacks, but because he serves as a nice distraction so the Lagi/Ian/Whatever doesn't combo me all the time.
Like, I tried to fight a Rathian in the arena...and died 5 times and lost. With ChaCha, I probably wouldn't have died at all.
Although, ChaCha did break a Rathians, face, and both wings today. ChaCha is amazing
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:52 am

hehe chacha is awesome... apart from with the feylene mask... FUUU

Don't worry about the arena... the stuff is subpar and the fact you have no break is hard. Ive only done a handful of the areanas, personally I hate them.

I got los plates almost instantly... where as ian I had to wait untill HR Razz I would recommend if you have a los plate at any point to save it for the armour Very Happy

---

Still having trouble getting on. Hmm, might be our internet though, it does keep going odd.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Red-Indigo wrote:hehe chacha is awesome... apart from with the feylene mask... FUUU

Don't worry about the arena... the stuff is subpar and the fact you have no break is hard. Ive only done a handful of the areanas, personally I hate them.

I got los plates almost instantly... where as ian I had to wait untill HR Razz I would recommend if you have a los plate at any point to save it for the armour Very Happy

---

Still having trouble getting on. Hmm, might be our internet though, it does keep going odd.

The Rathalos+ or regular? Because I think there's an extra los plate in the +.
I'm scared of Los. I still need to get about fighting him, but the Tee Vee is taken at the moment. >:C
Then Barioth and Blos.

Also, I found this.

lol
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:31 pm

haha, yeah that's Bobo, isnt it? He does a load of stuff like that. I love the barney Jho XD

Loads of people were dissapointed in the lack of subspecies... I kind of was, considering the previous title had almost 100 monsters. Still, if they ever bring out MHP3rd (or I get a PSP for that matter) that will satisfy me.

Errrm, its been a while since I looked over that armour, but I believe you are right. But once you get to HR its pretty much like, oh wow another los plate *throws to one side*

Just remember with los, if you are standing in that circlish chdow when he flies... you gonna get burnt. He's not too bad, but he's certainly one of the more annoying monsters to fight, with all his flying and fireballing.

Tee-hee, good luck with the Bari. If there ever was a monster to make you rage quit, he be the one.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

saw these hacks some time before, there is a mod for a baby jho and a gigantic jho, too Very Happy

and you froze the baggi?^^ never saw something like that.... maybe you mean that you have paralyzed it with a LS, that works Smile the baggi can't move and there is something like little lightnings on it's body Wink

oh and i feel sorry about ceadeus and jhen, too! they are both not very strong and i feel sorry beating them Sad but ala is a real bad*ss! i hate him Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:50 am

no, not a baggi
a lagiacrus

But it wasn't paralysis I think, as he just stopped moving. Like, with paralysis they still shake a little bit. With this, he froze. Then a slightly bluish cloud appeared
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 am

Hm... its really wierd SJ, I have never ever seen anything like that! Maybe it was lag and the bluish cloud was a delayed hit from a sleep weapon?

Were you the first in the area/first to be spotted by the monster?

---

Lol, I saw the baby Jho one XD wish it was real. I really want to get all the gold crown small monsters, they are just so cute (although I imagine a small gold gobul would be hard to deal with)

I especially feel sorry for ceadeus...

Spoiler for SJ just in case..:
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:30 am

Red-Indigo wrote:Hm... its really wierd SJ, I have never ever seen anything like that! Maybe it was lag and the bluish cloud was a delayed hit from a sleep weapon?

Were you the first in the area/first to be spotted by the monster?

---

Lol, I saw the baby Jho one XD wish it was real. I really want to get all the gold crown small monsters, they are just so cute (although I imagine a small gold gobul would be hard to deal with)

I especially feel sorry for ceadeus...

Spoiler for SJ just in case..:

No, it happened somewhere through the battle.
It was area 10 in the D. Island

Oh, forgot to tell you guys. Yesterday was Claw Day. Thunderbugs for sale. Very Happy
Next one is on the 7th, I think

I made a couple friends online, and I'm now HR 16...They were the same 3 days ago. They are now all HR 32. D:
I just don't have time to play that much. :/
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down