EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Spore 100

+34
Shiny_Glass
cwar
Zaroas
Rikyudoo
Shardna
bongobongo123
Ecko09
B1ack_Blob
sjhorm
Kismet-Scar
Icedmask
Billith
Mysteryem
Aieru
Shadow
Copperlou
Dino589
mysticdragon159
kyle_r93
Zellex
MjrGlory
Sakiara
bmpalmann
Xaesheir
LoD
Kevin92
Andeavor
Tyranidking
werderfan2012
Trick
LordRemington
Arkanay
SuperLoki
Vektrix
38 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Spore 100 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Spore 100

Post by SuperLoki Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Sounds like a good idea.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:41 am

This all sounds like a great idea. Personally I think Werder's adaptation of 4 lists in stead of 1 big one is the best idea. You just can't really compare verhicle creators with creature creators etc.
But how about adding 1 category?: All-round creators.....

So you would have:
- Creature (outfitted maybe separate, maybe not)
- Verhicle
- Building
- Adventure
- All-round
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : MjrGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:52 am

And another round, to do with the community (how well they get along with others, how they help newbies, whether they do the right thing in spam attacks, if they contribute a lot to the Spore Community overall) Smile
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:26 am

Vektrix, you forgot to add Adventure criteria in the OP :-P

I feel the need to remind that we´re doing the best people in Spore, but we are not paying attention to actually who plays it best (Like in space stage, adventure playing). We´re giving emphasis to who creates best in it.
For example, we could make a category to the best player, with most systems conquered, more money, most captain points or something like that.

Since that´s part of the game also Razz

But I honestly don´t mind ignoring that section, since it´s slightly boring. Just wanted to remind you it´s there.

So maybe this should be called Top 100 Spore Creators..? Again, just wondering.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:29 am

Well, I'm not entirely sure whether this is the top 100 Creators, or top 100 Players. Smile
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:59 am

The emphasis is on creation.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:00 am

Vektrix wrote:The emphasis is on creation.

Sounds good to me.

Creating skills and social traits Thumbs Up
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellex Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:26 am

I'm at a rather significant disadvantage when it comes to Adventures... Surprised

Not that I'm close to being top 100 any way. Smile
Zellex
Zellex
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : You know that.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Zellex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:20 pm

So this is my idea:

There's three different headings: The creations, social, and Misc/All editors (I can't think of a better name atm for this one). Then there would be categories for each one. For the editors I have creature, outfitter (captains are included in this too), building, vehicle, spaceship, and adventure. So there are six in total. You have to have 5 creations in the particular editor to qualify for each category (2 for adventures). This might sound confusing so I'll give you examples. But first here's the headings and categories:

Creations
- creativity/originality
- technique/skill
- overall look (paint in included here, but could be its on category)

Social
- community (do they hold contests, want to talk and get to know creators. If they don't go on the Sporum then this could be commenting around, making gifts, etc.)
- helpful (well obviously helping newbies, giving tips and tutorials. But this could also include helping out people if they are being harassed, doing critiques, requests, and sigs)
- attitude (are they are a troll, a downer and insult people or are they positive and create posts that are relevant to the thread. There's a bunch of stuff that could fall in here.)
- reputation (how does the community view this person? Could maybe go in with attitude category)

Misc/All Editors
- skills in all editors
- uses different themes (this can be just for what they specialize in too)
- tries new things (In my opinion, if they have a few creations from other editors, then they've tried new things. Or it can be different themes such as cute and creepy)

Creator A:

This creator is amazing in creatures, average at spaceships and the best in adventures. They don't have at least 5 buildings, vehicles or outfitted creatures. Community wise, they want to talk to people, help them out, and is an overall nice person.

Creations - Creature
- creativity/originality 8
- technique/skill 8
- overall look 8

Creations - Spaceship
- creativity/originality 5
- technique/skill 4
- overall look 6

Creations - Adventure
- creativity/originality 10
- technique/skill 10
- overall look 10

Social
- community 8
- helpful 8
- attitude 7
- reputation 8

Misc/All Editors
- skills in all editors 4
- uses different themes 5
- tries new things 8

As I said in my other post, I don't think that people should be penalized for editors that they don't do. So Add up all of the categories. Since this creator doesn't meet the minimum of 5 creations in buildings, vehicles and outfitter they are ignored.

So this person has 16 categories. All of the number add up to 117. So dividing 117 by 16 equals 7.31.

Creator B:

Just to make this easier, lets say that this creator is an 8 in every category of editor but he doesn't have GA. So that's 15 8's (5 editors not including adventures, and then creativity/originality, technique/skill, overall look). He's all right in the community. Kind of a downer at times, helps once in awhile, and has an average reputation. So lets give him a 6 in these four community categories. For the Misc/All Editors heading, he obviously has skills in pretty much all editors and tries new things - 9 for those two and an 8 for uses different themes. So in total that's 170 points and 22 categories. That makes a 7.73 rating.

Hope this all makes sense....let me know if you have questions. I put outfitter and captains together because it doesn't make a difference if you have GA or not. An outfit is still an outfit.

Last edited by Sakiara on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by kyle_r93 Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Wow, this is really cool guys! I'd love to help in any way I can, this is quite the project!
kyle_r93
kyle_r93
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : kyle_r93

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/kyle_r93

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:57 pm

I agree with you Saki on outfitters, since you do not need GA to make outfitted creatures. I also like the limits of creations before that editor is even considered. Although I must say having ALL those categories may get tiresome, but if we are to do this properly, this is probably the best solution.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:58 pm

A really fantastic plan, I kinda favour Sakiara's at this point Razz
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Saki always whooshes into the room and takes control rightfully and responsibly. She's definitely waaaaaay up on the list. Smile
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 pm

And so are you, Andy Smile
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:03 am

Indeed she does. I think many of the contributors to this thread will make the list actually. Some VERY high. But we digress...

I shall re-read a lot of what has been said and come up with some compromises, I shall rejig a few ideas and reject some as well, I do not think all the ideas can be incorporated and still maintain the original premise.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:35 am

Definitely not me. 100% you, Rebecca and Saki, you guys deserve to be up there.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticdragon159 Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:02 am

This is a very good idea, but a big project that will need a lot of work. I'm sure you all will figure it out and create a wonderful list of the best of the best. I'm going to have to agree to the multiple catigories, as you can't really compare a creator that makes only creatures, to one who created only spaceships. I think you people have a great system idea here, and I am looking foward to the list. I probably won't make it, but that's perfectly fine as there are many other people better then me, for example all the contributers to this thread. If I don't make it, then it will be an excuse for me to get better. Anyway, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this exiting thread. Razz
mysticdragon159
mysticdragon159
Regular
Regular

Female
Spore Name : Wolfen_Dragon

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Wolfen_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:40 am

Looks like this is slowly coming to shape :-)

Looking forward to continue this project.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:42 am

I'm very excitied! i love the idea for this project, so if you need help i would help working on this project! Wink
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:31 am

This is a very good idea, but a big project that will need a lot of work. I'm sure you all will figure it out and create a wonderful list of the best of the best
If i can help with this i any way Vek, please let me know.
This is similar to what i planned to do with my Best of the Best thread, if i ever got enough votes to make it legitimate.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 am

Sakiara wrote:So this is my idea:

There's three different headings: The creations, social, and Misc/All editors (I can't think of a better name atm for this one). Then there would be categories for each one. For the editors I have creature, outfitter (captains are included in this too), building, vehicle, spaceship, and adventure. So there are six in total. You have to have 5 creations in the particular editor to qualify for each category (2 for adventures). This might sound confusing so I'll give you examples. But first here's the headings and categories:

*snippy*
Personally I think this would be a great idea to go about the project, though if the Captain editor is grouped with the Outfitter, would it or would it not make sense to group together the vehicle and ship editors into a single Vehicle category? They are pretty much all exactly the same.

I also think this is a great idea. Perhaps a little ambitious, sure, and it'll require some work to pull it off, but I think it will be a neat thing to have once it gets finished. I'm definitely going to be keeping track of this. I would love to offer to help if I could as well, but currently I can't see any way I could.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:01 am

Dino589 wrote:Personally I think this would be a great idea to go about the project, though if the Captain editor is grouped with the Outfitter, would it or would it not make sense to group together the vehicle and ship editors into a single Vehicle category? They are pretty much all exactly the same.

I also think this is a great idea. Perhaps a little ambitious, sure, and it'll require some work to pull it off, but I think it will be a neat thing to have once it gets finished. I'm definitely going to be keeping track of this. I would love to offer to help if I could as well, but currently I can't see any way I could.
Ya, the vehicle and spaceship category could probably go together. It would lessen the load a bit too.

Heh, thanks for the compliments people and I'm glad that you guys like my idea. But I read the whole thread and included things that you peeps said too. So that wasn't just my idea but everyone's Smile Vek spawning it all of course Smile

Because people have different opinions, should every judge rate every creator? Then average the ratings together. That might be waaaay too much work though.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 am

Sakiara wrote:Because people have different opinions, should every judge rate every creator? Then average the ratings together. That might be waaaay too much work though.
I think we need some sort of electoral college in each category who will weed out the best in a certain sector.

In fact, I think we should do several run-throughs until we're down to the 100 best Spore creators. We give each category a predetermined number of spots either by number or percentage as the election process is going.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Sakiara wrote:
Ya, the vehicle and spaceship category could probably go together. It would lessen the load a bit too.

Because people have different opinions, should every judge rate every creator? Then average the ratings together. That might be waaaay too much work though.

Agreed, vehicle and spaceship editor use the same parts so they should be grouped together

As for using the panel...someone should be able to veto/check other people's decisions otherwise it might take forever to compile the list.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Copperlou Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Very cool idea. I offer up my help if it's needed.
Copperlou
Copperlou
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Female

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next