EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What books/manuals/works of literature did you just read/get?

+11
Shardna
Icedmask
Jeff
Andeavor
sjhorm
Sakiara
OneDeadSlime
flux
LordRemington
Damnagoras
Illusionary
15 posters

Go down

What books/manuals/works of literature did you just read/get? Empty What books/manuals/works of literature did you just read/get?

Post by Illusionary Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:35 am

The title of the thread pretty well explains the purpose of the thread. Feel free to discuss anything related as well.

-----------
A couple of days ago, I got a book called Digital Painting Masters, Volume 1. It's a really intruiging book, and teaches several techniques as well as different types of paintings (matte painting, concept art, speed painting, Creature Design, and many others). It's well taught by both professional graphic designers and skilled hobbyists. You can read more here.

Let's get started.

Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

What books/manuals/works of literature did you just read/get? Empty Re: What books/manuals/works of literature did you just read/get?

Post by Damnagoras Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:33 am

The latest thing I finished reading must have been the manual for the game [Prototype], which was some days ago.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Damnagoras

Back to top Go down

What books/manuals/works of literature did you just read/get? Empty Re: What books/manuals/works of literature did you just read/get?

Post by LordRemington Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:02 pm

I regularly read Philosophy: The little book of Big ideas, despite the fact I have read it half a dozen times. It seems every time I read it, I find something new that is relevant to me and my life at the time.

As for books I've only started reading. Gods, Graveyards and Scholars. It goes through ancient history, influential figures of the past and beliefs of old civilizations. I find ancient societies fascinating. Half the books I own are about ancient history.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by flux Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:52 pm

a little less high brow. Im reading the walking dead graphic novels Smile
flux
flux
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Ah, just yesterday I finished reading One Step Behind , an Inspector Wallander Mystery, author: Henning Mankell.
http://www.inspector-wallander.org/mysteries/one-step-behind/

The entire series is great - you may have seen the BBC adaptations of some of the books, but the books are so worth it, definitely a must.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:15 am

The book I recently read is Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran. It's when Augustus defeats Cleopatra and Mark Antony and takes their children back to Rome. Was a very good book, but I like that sort of stuff.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Well today, I discovered Edgar Allan Poe's The Cask of Amontillado. It was pretty intense, and I'm starting to become a fan of his writing.
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:10 pm

lol, Ghost
When I first read that, I thought it said 'The Cast of Armadillo'
XD
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:45 am

Old Wives' Tales : Factor or Folklore? 100 Popular Myths Revealed and Explained

The title is fairly self explanatory. It just goes through 100 of the most common myths and Old Wives' and either proves or disproves them.

Definitely an interesting read
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:20 am

Ghost wrote:Well today, I discovered Edgar Allan Poe's The Cask of Amontillado. It was pretty intense, and I'm starting to become a fan of his writing.
Apparently, the mystery person who would on every 19th of January (his birthday) leave half of a bottle of brandy and a rose on his grave each year didn't appear this time. Nobody knows what happend to the executors of this tradition, which had been going on for the past 60 years.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:06 am

That's a strange and interesting fact of the day. Smile
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:58 am

Just recently we got done reading a French play script by a Quebec author - Zone by Marcel Dubé (if that means anything to anyone here - not too likely).

Yes, I'm bilingual Razz - English being my first language, of course.

@Andeavor: Interesting fact. You win an internet, thereby making your grand total 18.
Jeff
Jeff
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Jeffrey94

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:46 pm

I recently read a little novel called Genesis. It was definitely my best reading experience of 2010, and also one of the best novels Ive ever read.

I read A LOT actually, I love good novels Very Happy
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:59 am

I have finished reading Eragon which was way better then the movie. I'm now currently onto the second book to it called Eldest. These books are a must have for fantasy readers. ^^
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:52 am

Shardna wrote:I have finished reading Eragon which was way better then the movie. I'm now currently onto the second book to it called Eldest. These books are a must have for fantasy readers. ^^

I got trough number one, but gave up cause a new HP novel was out Cool
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:26 pm

just completed legend of Sleapy Hollow by Washington Irving
a short classic hasnt mutch carichter substance but it isnt ment to have its more like reading a camp fire horor tale but hay well worth a look if u got a Kinddle its free

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:52 am

I read a manual poorly translated from italian to english that goes to the fancy over/stove top we have. has the most complicated system for turning it off and on and changing the temperature.

I understand the need to be all fancy and complicated, but a simple on/off button rather than a 14 step process to turn off a stove top would be good IHateItPlz
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEmilion Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:31 am

War of the Worlds is now complete.

Related:
What books/manuals/works of literature did you just read/get? 500787327249_lrg
TheEmilion
TheEmilion

Male
Spore Name : koopakilla

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:14 am

The Nutrition Facts on the back of the Coke bottle. Smile

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:56 am

The Saga of Darren Shan by Darren Shan. Good horror author.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Reading 101 Old Wives tales. A book of old myths and superstitions being analyzed and debunked. Good book
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down