EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~Darkspore's Ups and Downs~~

+2
LordRemington
Drew980
6 posters

Go down

~~Darkspore's Ups and Downs~~ Empty ~~Darkspore's Ups and Downs~~

Post by Drew980 Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:14 pm

After playing the beta to Darkspore for two weekends in a row.. I would like to summarize my experience with the people of Eurospore. If I may.

Overview:

The game is very well put together. There are many things that make this game a lot different then most action RPGs I have seen. Not to say the concept has not been done before. It is in fact a Diablo Clone. Thats not really a bad thing either so I would not let that push you away from this game. Its beta still, and its only the second week, so there really cannot be a final judgment over it until launch.

Editor:

Though you may already know this, Darkspores hero editor is rather cut back from Spores. However, at the same time it opens up things that were kinda unexpected from me. Such as there being no complexity meter..thank god. One of the main problems is that you cannot just jump in and make something. You have to do some hard playtime and get parts as you rank up. At the beginning you are very limited on what you can make. This is a downfall to it, and the editors layout is quite different then spore, thats again.. both good and bad.

The amount of paint options seems to be lacking. You get all your colors of course, but the textures and such are quite limited. Like everything else. Overall the editor still allows you to make what you wish, however at a price. You are going to spend a lot of time to make what you want.

In-Game/Gameplay:

Lets get a quick summary of this.

-smooth controls
-Diablo style
-great powers
-great ability
-Enemy NPC's somewhat challenging in large numbers
-it forces you to mix and match your hero's

-Blood is cartoon like
-failure to animate
-failure to load quick
-visual glitches
-not enough content

Thats my take on it so far, keep in mind that its still beta and not the final product.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

~~Darkspore's Ups and Downs~~ Empty Re: ~~Darkspore's Ups and Downs~~

Post by LordRemington Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Great review. I'm sure they still have a bit more tinkering to do though, so they'll probably iron out the glitches you pointed out later. Slightly more interested in playing it after reading that. Thanks Smile
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Lol, you're not supposed to talk about it on other websites. Though enough has been said on EuroSpore already.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:01 am

I think they're quite aware that a certain ammount of people testing out DarkSpore Beta will spread information about it, since the players were randomized and a mere warning usually doesn't do much.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:03 am

SuperLoki wrote:Lol, you're not supposed to talk about it on other websites. Though enough has been said on EuroSpore already.

I did not think it would hurt considering many of us are in it...
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:34 am

How can Maxis stop you spreading info? They cannot monitor emails, facebook, twitter, EuroSpore, GAC, AoS, ECF etc. The only place they can do anything is through Spore Creations and The Sporum... and, incidentally, we have been given no instructions as SM's to stop people. However, I think Slime has asked a few users not to, but more out of courtesy rather than any particular edict from Maxis.

I liked Diablo, and the editor already sounds like "based" on the award winning Creature Creator as loosely as possible.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:42 am

That's true, Maxis hasn't given us any heading on this. I think though that at least you shouldn't post much on the Sporum. Otherwise, noone can stop you, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should if you agreed not to when you installed the beta.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:18 am

OneWarmSlime wrote:That's true, Maxis hasn't given us any heading on this. I think though that at least you shouldn't post much on the Sporum. Otherwise, noone can stop you, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should if you agreed not to when you installed the beta.

I have refrained myself from posting info on the spourm. I did not think posting here is that big a deal.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:26 am

No biggy, Drew, the rest of the world will see DarkSpore soon enough. Besides, surely Maxis want the word to be spread as far as possible about DarkSpore... though any negative feedback they may want to quash for sales purposes, but they ain't gonna do that.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down