EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Chinese couple sells kids to afford gaming

+2
OneDeadSlime
Andeavor
6 posters

Go down

NEWS: Chinese couple sells kids to afford gaming Empty NEWS: Chinese couple sells kids to afford gaming

Post by Andeavor Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 pm

According to the Sanxiang City News, the second child of Li Lin and Li Juan was sold for less than $500, while their first and third child were sold for around $4600 shortly after.

The couple was turned in after Li Lin, the father, told his mother what happened. She took them to the police, where they apparently showed no remorse.

The parents are young and naive, so when asked about their nefarious deeds, they stated that they were unaware what they were doing is illegal. “We didn’t want to raise them,” they said. “We just want to sell them for some money.”

The couple met in an Internet cafe in 2007, and shortly after meeting quickly consummated the relationship and moved in together, spending most of their time playing video games in Internet cafes. Shortly after their first child was born in 2008, they left it at home and traveled 30km to play video games.

Parents of the year, these two are.
http://www.weirdasianews.com/2011/07/25/couple-china-buys-video-games-selling-kids/
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Chinese couple sells kids to afford gaming Empty Re: NEWS: Chinese couple sells kids to afford gaming

Post by OneDeadSlime Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 pm

This report stretches credibility.
There are internet cafes in China? (lol) and above all, they sold it... to whom?
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Chinese couple sells kids to afford gaming Empty Re: NEWS: Chinese couple sells kids to afford gaming

Post by Arkanay Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Not wanting to enter into stereotypical matters but many chinese people have a much different mentality than Europeans and Americans. It's also part of their culture to accept things we believe are wrong.

If they at least sold the babies to loving parents or so, then it's not so bad afterall. Better than being brought up by them or thrown into a dumpster.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Arkanay wrote:Not wanting to enter into stereotypical matters but many chinese people have a much different mentality than Europeans and Americans. It's also part of their culture to accept things we believe are wrong.

Sort of, but I don't think China is that culturally different that that sort of thing would be considered acceptable to do, otherwise the mother of the accused man wouldn't have gone to the authorities.

While China most certainly has different cultural views in terms of lifestyle to many western countries, there are certain things that are generally, universally considered right or wrong (at least among advanced countries).

Also this sort of thing doesn't only happen in China. Parents selling or exploiting children happens right around the world. I just think these two had absolutely no emotional connection to their children, which again raises the question of why did they have three of them in the first place. If they had the first one accidentally and didn't want any others, you'd think they'd take some care to use protection.

I hope those kids end up in good homes.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:14 pm

LordRemington wrote:
Sort of, but I don't think China is that culturally different that that sort of thing would be considered acceptable to do, otherwise the mother of the accused man wouldn't have gone to the authorities.

It wasn't that long ago that was acceptable by a large amount of people the killing of female babies in China when they wanted a male instead. So when both things are compared I believe the selling of babies to be the lesser of two evils.

The entire world is evolving, some places faster than others, sometimes in several aspects first, so the number of people who see these acts as wrong has been growing over time, gladly.

We are sort of entering a global culture where we can see what's happening and be in contact with someone on the other side of Earth and the pool of general beliefs we share (Murder is wrong, helping other is good, no to racism, homosexuality is fine, etc.) is accepted, and being accepted, by the majority of individuals who are a part of it.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:51 am

Another excuse for my parents to bash gaming; they will ignore every detail except 'sells kids to afford gaming'.

On a serious note: man what a crappy reason to sell your kids. Then again if they sell their kids for games they must be terrible parents anyway. Hope their new parents aren't worse >.>
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Wow. Now, I know selling children, especially any that aren't first born or male is, or at least was, common in the poorer areas of china. That's a symptom of poverty.

But for gaming. That's just stupid. I don't even think its down to niavety. Most children can get the concept of the value of human life, these 'parents' should have been able to as well.

I find it even worse that it doesn't appear to have much to do with poverty either, as they can afford to use the internet cafes and they have a family that realises this is wrong, so it's not like its a common place thing or acceptable. I just really hope the children are ok.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down