EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Lara Croft is getting the ReBoot

+4
LordRemington
Arkanay
Vektrix
Andeavor
8 posters

Go down

NEWS: Lara Croft is getting the ReBoot Empty NEWS: Lara Croft is getting the ReBoot

Post by Andeavor Tue May 10, 2011 5:32 am

Details are beginning to emerge about the new Tomb Raider, and it's clear that the franchise is going in a new direction. One image, featured in Spanish magazine Hobby Consolas, shows Lara Croft, but without her trademark baby blue tank top. She was bloodied on her knees with a recurve bow on her back.

It's Lara Croft like you've never seen her before.

NEWS: Lara Croft is getting the ReBoot LaraCroftHobbyCover_1304702589

But it's also Lara Croft as anyone could have guessed you'd be seeing her soon enough. Reboots are in fashion, and there's a formula to follow. Take your main character and smear him or her in grit. Expose the dark, gritty origins behind an iconic story. Replace supernatural magic/technology with knives, ropes, blunt instruments, and other appropriately gritty weaponry. Use the word "gritty" as much as possible. Filter everything through a brownish black lens. Toss in some psychological turmoil, maybe some Muay Thai (the grittiest of martial arts) and you're good to go.

More at:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1166833p1.html

What is your opinion on rebooting video game franchises?
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Lara Croft is getting the ReBoot Empty Re: NEWS: Lara Croft is getting the ReBoot

Post by Vektrix Tue May 10, 2011 5:38 am

That is not Lara Croft... that is a completely different character.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Lara Croft is getting the ReBoot Empty Re: NEWS: Lara Croft is getting the ReBoot

Post by Arkanay Tue May 10, 2011 6:21 am

Andeavor wrote:
What is your opinion on rebooting video game franchises?

If the end product is a decent result, then I don´t have a problem with it.

I´m not that a big of a fan of Lara Croft as we know her, but this one does in fact spark my attention more than the old one.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue May 10, 2011 8:21 am

As I am not a massive fan of the current Lara Croft, I don't have much of an opinion on a reboot of her.

Maybe a grittier version of Lara will get me to play the next Tomb Raider game.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Tue May 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Oh goody, the cliche large-breasted chick that wasn't actually the first playable female in gaming is back. At least she looks like she'll be worth a look this time. Got a bit of Elen Ripley going on here. And hot damn, I like me a woman that rips people apart with an ice pick. ....She IS holding an ice pick, right?

Now if only they would show Samus this kind of respect.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 Wed May 11, 2011 4:59 am

wow, i love her! will buy the new game Smile
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed May 11, 2011 6:33 am

Hmm, I like the idea, but having played the original Lara croft I feel it alienates the original feel behind it. I will have to play the game to decide if thats a good thing or not though.

I prefer games that have a little bit of reality to them, whether its through the mechanics or the look of it. I just don't know if it'll work with this franchise...
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Wed May 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Darn. I bet some of you know that Spyro is getting another reboot. And Dante...And Lara Croft?! WHY? DDD:
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed May 11, 2011 6:22 pm

MilkAndCookies wrote:Darn. I bet some of you know that Spyro is getting another reboot. And Dante...And Lara Croft?! WHY? DDD:
They're doing this for two reasons: they're out of ideas and want to cash in on more money with the same franchise.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Andeavor wrote:
MilkAndCookies wrote:Darn. I bet some of you know that Spyro is getting another reboot. And Dante...And Lara Croft?! WHY? DDD:
They're doing this for two reasons: they're out of ideas and want to cash in on more money with the same franchise.

I still hate it when they do that. Besides, in my opinion I think it is too risky. Loosing your loyal fans, and gaining a different crew, younger, or older. It is...maybe good for them, but not good for people that care about the older series. :/
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm

My sentiments exactly, MAC. I don't mind if they make a inspired by it but it's very risky to take a classic franchise and re-invent it for the ungrateful MTV generation.

Although, we can already speak of a new generation... Facebook, maybe?
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed May 11, 2011 7:20 pm

I still say that is not Lara Croft No

By all means, modernise her, but don't give her full body plastic surgery.

Mind you, what does my opinion matter? I am not a fan of Tomb Raider anyway Laughing
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed May 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Maybe it's Lara and Turok's love child, following in her parent's footsteps in the jungles of Muhau Ghunu fighting off dinosaurs and looking for ancient artifacts that hold devine powers.

I'd play that game.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down