EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Army amputee thrown from NY roller coaster dies happy

4 posters

Go down

NEWS: Army amputee thrown from NY roller coaster dies happy Empty NEWS: Army amputee thrown from NY roller coaster dies happy

Post by Andeavor Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:12 am

DARIEN, N.Y. (AP) — The sister of a disabled Iraq War veteran who was thrown from a roller coaster in upstate New York says her brother died happy.

Jody Hackemer said Saturday she believes that for the minute her brother was on the ride, he probably felt the happiest he had been in recent years after losing his legs in Iraq in 2008. Sgt. James Hackemer was killed Friday on the Ride of Steel coaster at the Darien Lake Theme Park Resort.
The 29-year-old was ejected from the 208-foot-tall ride during a family outing. Jody Hackemer says her brother wanted to ride as many rides as he could.

His relatives gathered Saturday at the family home in rural Gowanda, about 30 miles south of Buffalo.
http://news.yahoo.com/army-amputee-thrown-ny-roller-coaster-dies-044044948.html

Last edited by Andeavor on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Army amputee thrown from NY roller coaster dies happy Empty Re: NEWS: Army amputee thrown from NY roller coaster dies happy

Post by Damnagoras Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:30 am

I wonder if he was really that happy about falling to his death from 208 feet. I know I wouldn't be. A shame you can't ask him. Because you can't, right? Shocked
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Damnagoras

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Army amputee thrown from NY roller coaster dies happy Empty Re: NEWS: Army amputee thrown from NY roller coaster dies happy

Post by LordRemington Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:37 am

A sad yet somehow sweet story. At least he died doing something fun rather than in combat. Still a tragedy he died at all. From what I've heard, the staff did take into consideration the height restriction of the ride with him, so he was too short to be harnessed properly. An incredibly stupid and careless oversight on the people running that rollercoaster.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:58 am

I don't get it. How did he die?
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:42 am

OneDeadSlime wrote:I don't get it. How did he die?

He was flung from the ride. Due to the fact his body didn't fit the dimensions of the ride, he couldn't be harnessed in properly so when the ride hit some g-forces he wasn't secured in well enough to be able to stay on the ride.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down