EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam coming to Mac!

3 posters

Go down

Steam coming to Mac! Empty Steam coming to Mac!

Post by Andeavor Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:37 am

Unless you live under a rock you may have read that on March 8th, Valve has announced they're releasing Steam for the Mac. Their Source engine has been reprogrammed for the Mac and all of their games will be available in native form for the Mac.

Additionally, the company has encouraged all developers to start thinking of bringing their games out on the Mac as well, not as a Cider port like EA did with both The Sims 3 and Spore, but a proper native version with all the potential as the original. There will be two additional services provided for older and newer gamers:

- Steam Play will allow players to download and play the Mac version of their licensed PC copy (and vice-versa).

- Steam Cloud will allow players of both sides to play multiplayer games together as well as single-players can use the same save games on any computer they've downloaded their games onto (including cross-platform).

Personally, I'm stoked about this barrier-breaking news. I just hope that JoWood will consider joining the bandwagon and I'll be a happy camper. :bounce:
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Steam coming to Mac! Empty Re: Steam coming to Mac!

Post by Zaroas Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:44 am

I guess I do live under a rock, cuz I'm a PC, and Windows 7 was my idea.
Well, not really... I know somebody who has a Mac and loves gaming though, I'll probably tell them about it.
Zaroas
Zaroas
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Zaroas

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:44 am

Oh great. I don't have a Mac, but I know people who do, and I also know it must be frustrating for Mac Users to not have the same apps as everyone else Razz
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down