EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Movies

+11
LordRemington
Xaesheir
WoityuizE
MetalStarTech
flux
Arkanay
Aieru
LoD
SuperLoki
Andeavor
Mudo
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Horror Movies - Page 2 Empty Re: Horror Movies

Post by Mudo Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:18 am

I know, that was so amazing, but so awfull. Did you catch the meaning in it? That Carmody wanted the kid dead, and when it happened, the Mist dissapeared. Also, the lady that walked out into the Mist at the begining was in the truck at the end, meaning that if he had left with her, the end would have been much better for him.

The book was alot more hopeful at the end, with all of them surviving for the moment. But the monsters were more horrible. (The giant thing at the end was about 2 miles long :Shock: )
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Mudokon117

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:21 am

Hehe, yeah. It was a little annoying that part (the ending). I really didn't expect it and it'd be something I, personally, would never consider.

The monsters were pretty cool and was awesome when the Nerd-looking-employer-guy pwned the annoying hag that was gathering people against the "good guys".

All was being great... until that end... Jezebus, of course it was different than most stuff (so that's kinda cool) but the way it was different, meh... ><

Last horror I've seen was the Crazies. That one was pretty cool.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:25 am

I've been wanting to see that for a while, what's it about?
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:29 am

Small village, nice folk, bla bla, baseball, bla bla

Then people start acting up weird. Like, looking a bit more zombie like, being absent, then start murdering relatives, friends, etc.

I'll leave it like this Razz I don't want to spoil it for you. (Unless you want, then I'll say Razz)

Here's a pic from the movie. IMO, best pic from the crazies Smile

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3665727232/tt0455407
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:32 am

^^ I'll have to check that movie out. Thanks Ark!
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:11 am

Braindead made me lol
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Post by flux Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:15 am

anyone ever read "the zombie survival guide" by max brooks? great book i recommend it
flux
flux
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:22 am

To be honest, I haven't come across a movie, that has caused me to have nightmares or really scare me that much. SAW isn't scary, its brutal, but not scary. The problem is most horror movies follow a general plot and its pretty easy to tell when something is going to jump out.

I'm still waiting to find a movie which forced me to change my pants after watching it
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:45 am

You're right, Reyes. There's not really a movie that makes you poop your pants but I think that's due to the fact of the society we're in. We're much more exposed to those kinds of things nowadays, from games, tv series, many movies we see, etc. So this "generation" is a little more used to horror.

When first horror movies started coming out, they were great mainly because they were a new thing and everyone was into getting scared Razz Nowadays, it's just not like that anymore. They're gona have to come up with something different than we currently see to actually scare a normal person.

I've seen teletubbies somewhere before and I think that's as close as something totally scary could get Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 am

I saw a bit of the Humanm Centipede when Jonathan Ross showed a bit on his chat show a year or so ago... looked pretty pointless and boring to me. Then again, I find all Horror Movies pretty pointless and boring. Not may horror movies have any moments than even scare me, and I am not a fan of the many of the plots they have, there are a few exceptions to this rule obviously, but I usually avoid horror movies like the plague because I can think of better things to do with my time.

A list of movies thyat have genuinely scared me and why (not all are classed as horror movies).

-Jaws-

The who movie4 is pretty tense with some light-hearted stuff. The gore of some of the attacks were just awesome (although in modern terms pretty lame). However, the SCARIEST moment in film history is in this film when the head pops out in the gash in the side of the boat... that gave me nightmares for months (I was 10 when I first saw it). It is still the ONLY part of any movie I cannot watch for reasons other than sheer boredom.

-Jurassic Park-

The T. Rex attack was really scary (aged 13) when I first saw it in the cinema. However, either due to my age at the time, or the fact that it was not actually possible, I have no trouble watching it anymore (or even for the second time).

-Creeping Flesh-

A classic hammer horror movie starring two of the greatest horror actors of all time, peter Cushing and Christopher Lee (only missed Vincent price really). Although it is not terribly scary, it is genuinely gripping, and even though you can work out what is going to happen next, it still manages to take you by surprise. Basically they bring back a mummy from some far flung part of the world that comes alive when it comes into contact with water. They just have to stop it's rampage.

-The Fog-

One would have thought that setting a movie in fog would be a bad idea, but this was not the case. Once you know that anything that is touched by the fog becomes lifeless, the horror and suspense is over, but the first half hour or so is nerve racking because you are both amused and beguiled by this natural weather phenomonon being so scary.

-The Shining-

No-one does deranged like Jack Nicholson. No-one smashes down doors with an axe like Jack Nicholson. No-one scares me more than Jack Nicholson trying to chop down a door in a deranged manner.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:04 am

Hehe, I saw the Shining a few months ago and found it quite funny Razz

(Ofc if I saw it a few decades ago and was younger, I'd poop my pants. No offense, Vekoid =P)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:06 am

Arkanay wrote:Hehe, I saw the Shining a few months ago and found it quite funny Razz

(Ofc if I saw it a few decades ago and was younger, I'd poop my pants. No offense, Vekoid =P)

I was quite young when I first saw any of these. I just find horror movies boring in general. I don't, for a start, find watching blood and gore that entertaining, especially in the cartoony way that it is portrayed in horror movies. I found Night of the Living Dead and Invasion of Body Snatchers just boring.

I suppose when you are younger, these things have more of an effect on you.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 am

True. When I was younger, I couldn't watch scary stuff or I couldn't sleep properly :S And I hated to go to bed when I knew I was gona wake up and stuff ><

I'm glad I grew out of that. Was always a PITA when I had to go to bed Laughing
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:23 pm

@Vek: Horror really does seem to be something that really changes with age. I used to be scared of pretty much all movies, even ones that really aren't frightening at all. (I.E. Gremlins Laughing ) But I do enjoy being frightened, by whatever means. Adrenaline is a good thing. Cool But I really don't care for Gore either. Most of the time it's just a pointless addition to something I'm actually enjoying. (I don't need to see a blob of organs to be frightened of a ghost thank you.) But twisted films, (Saw and the like) can be frightening in an entirely different way. If you really want to scare me, show me a movie based on 1984. Wink

But seriously, what has really really scared you? I mean, what made you so frightened that you were afraid of going to the bathroom solo? And this doesn't have to be a movie either.
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Hmmm... I can't remember much, Mudo. All of those cases happened more than a decade ago...

I remember in some cartoon series, a chair spinned as if a ghost was sitting there, but you couldn't see it. Then I was afraid to go into my dad's office because he had a similar chair. Lol, was more funny than scary, but hey Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WoityuizE Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:03 am

Lols Ark and Mudo!Smile The Mist, loved that one!^.^ And yeah I've also wanted to buy the film "crazies"! I saw the trailer and just thought...Wow!Surprised

Another film is "2012", great one, little prodictable ending..^^ and when we are at doomsday and monster movies, you should seriously consider whatching "Cloverfield", a little wierd film, which is filmed so it looks like a private recordig, I thought at start it was really wierd, but when the movie goes on, it feels natural, and you get a lot more out of chocking effects!Twisted Evil
Also see "Knowing", tho it for some reason was disliked by some, the movie is great. I has a totally other ending then you're counting on, I love when a movie has that^^, tho in this case, and in many others (like cloverfield and the mist) its ending bad...Twisted Evil
WoityuizE
WoityuizE
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : WoityuizE

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/WoityuizE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:32 am

2012 = The Day after Tomorrow with Steroid.
The Day After Tomorrow = Independence without the Aliens.
Indepence Day = awesome.

All made by the same team, go figure.

I don't get adrenaline rushes from horror, never have.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:10 am

Lol at Vek's description Laughing

I like all those 3 movies, btw Laughing

2012 was pretty cool (a bit too unrealistic scenes, like plane in middle of fire and such, but I can live with that Razz)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:07 am

I find a lot of horror movies are just too predictable and often feed off similar ideas, i found the Alien films (well Alien and Aliens) were pretty tense not horrific but i'd prefer a film with a decent atmophere and strong Mise en scene to something that just aims to make you affraid.
The fear factor is seriously hard to do effectively nowadays because the internet has increased people's knowledge and also made them fear less.
Just take a look at some of the young children now, they're not going to find 28 Days Later a horror film but more of a thriller
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by flux Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 am

Not one for the kids but i found a chinese film (I think) called "dumplings" quiet horrific. Not gore or a jump out of ya skin horror but the idea behind the film is truely horrible
flux
flux
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by WoityuizE Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:14 am

Tatally agreed bmp^.^ When I was 6 I saw jurassic park Smile I thought it was hylarious Razz

Sounds cool Flux Very Happy
WoityuizE
WoityuizE
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : WoityuizE

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/WoityuizE

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 am

flux wrote:Not one for the kids but i found a chinese film (I think) called "dumplings" quiet horrific. Not gore or a jump out of ya skin horror but the idea behind the film is truely horrible

If you want a horrible idea for a film, there's always Teeth, which fails horribly at being a Film let alone a horror film!
The most horrific thing about it is that someone actually said "okay" to making the film in the first place!
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thobe Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:36 am

Anything Steven King.
Thobe
Thobe
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : Thobewill

Back to top Go down

Post by flux Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:04 am

seen teeth didnt care for it, dumplings is has a more disturbing theme @)
flux
flux
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:50 pm

flux wrote:seen teeth didnt care for it, dumplings is has a more disturbing theme @)

There is something distrubing about Teeth, someone actually wrote it in the first place!
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next