EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Games Library

+6
Hordeon
Hawkbird2000
Frostmoon
Vektrix
Thobe
Arkanay
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

games - Free Games Library Empty Free Games Library

Post by Arkanay Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:48 am

This thread serves as a library, where Free Games will be available. Some require download but others don't. People can come here, look for a game and its respective download/gameplay. They can also read a small description and genre, to see what a game is truly about and if they're glad with it, they can play it.

Current Games (You can find all of these by scrolling down into the Library):
- Ancient Ants Adventure
- Caveman Craig
- Crush the Castle 2
- Dead Frontier MMO
- Dead Frontier Night Three
- Draw my Thing
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Flashback - The Quest for Identity
- Marathon Series
- Prince of Persia - The Shadow and the Flame
- Super Mario Flash
- The Breach
- The Last Stand 2

Games:

- Ancient Ants Adventure: Play Ancient Ants Adventure Here -
Genre: Shooter, Defender, Real-Time Action
Description: -YOYOGAMES CONTEST WINNER!- Now, this must be one of the best games I've seen on Yoyogames yet. It won the first prize in a contest that was hosted on yoyogames, meaning a very neat cash prize was given to the creators. And in my opinion, it deserves it. This game is about a team of Ants that are defending the Pharaoh Ant from certain enemies. It's addictive, fast-paced, won't bore fast and has a couple of extras here and there.
Game Style: You always control the Pharaoh Ant and all the other Ants that encircle the Pharaoh Ant at the same time. By using either the WASD keys or the mouse, you can move your characters around. By left clicking the mouse button, you will fire in the direction the Ants are facing in. Every Ant can change its weapon: from a normal 'bullet' to a shockwave, to an earthquake and a supernova blast. All of it is possible. The Pharao's powers may heal or help you in your quest to defeat every enemy, survive for a certain time or to keep a certain number of enemies from crossing one specific point in the stage. As you progress, your army will grow and you will be able to fight enemies that get stronger and stronger.
Screenshot:
games - Free Games Library Yoyoscreen3

- Caveman Craig: Play Caveman Craig Here -
Genre: Strategic Platformer
Description: In Caveman Craig, you play as a Caveman (Craig). Your mission is to start a small community of Cavemen and be on the lookout for Vektrix (T-Rexes). You train cavemen by showing them what they should be doing; hunting, gathering or preparing meat. In the end, the currency of the game is food. The more food you've got, the more Cavemen you can train and the more chance you'll have to not get Ban-Hammered (killed) by Vektrix (a T-Rex).
Game Style: 2D, Platformer. You walk around sideways and throw rocks at small Moderators (raptors... okay, enough with the EuroSpore references), dig up bushes and train your fellow cavemen. The tutorial is funny and the graphics are pretty neat.
Screenshot:
games - Free Games Library Screen3

- Crush the Castle 2: Play Crush the Castle 2 Here
Genre: Skill, Strategy, Action
Description: In this very fun and addictive game, you control a catapult through many levels with the objective of destroying enemy castles.
Game Style: It's a rather simple but cool game. You start with a catapult type-thing shooting logs but as the game moves on, you'll upgrade your weapons, from triple reinforced cannon balls to worm-hole flasks.
Screenshots:
games - Free Games Library Crushthecastle2

- Dead Frontier MMO: Play Dead Frontier MMO
Genre: Action, Zombiekilling fest, Adventure, RPG, Multiplayer.
Description: In an apocalyptic scenary, where zombies rule the world, you are one of the last few survivors that must struggle to survive. Travel through a fully infected town, looting items and slaying Zombies. Then whenever you find fit, return to the outpost where you can trade, buy services and such. You can venture alone or with a group of other people.
Game Style: You see this online, multiplayer game from above, using arrow keys to move, mouse to aim and shoot. There's the safe-zone, where you can trade, gamble, get quests, etc. Then there's the whole inner city, where so many zombies await a fresh victim. You can go around looting, gaining XP and evolving, spreading your new points through your favourite skills. Every day, the safe-zone becomes under attack and you must join the defense forces to hold back the zombies. Many other features await you in Dead Frontier from clan pvp fights, to Zombie lethal bosses.
Screenshots:
games - Free Games Library Dead%20Frontier

- Dead Frontier Night Three: Play Dead Frontier Night Three Here
Genre: Action, Zombiekilling fest
Description: In an apocalyptic scenary, where zombies and all sorts of nightmarish beasts rule the world, you are one of the last few survivors that must struggle to survive. Wander in a dark town with 2 more survivors, where the only available source of light is from your flashlights. Can you survive these horrors and get to the helicopter in time or will you succumb to them?
Game Style: You see this game from above, using arrow keys to move, mouse to aim and shoot. There are all sorts of zombies and freaks that will not stop hunting you unless killed.
Screenshots:
games - Free Games Library Dead-frontier-night-3_3

- Draw my Thing: Play Draw my Thing Here
Genre: Entertainment, Art
Description: An online, multiplayer pictionary-style game.
Game Style: One draws while the others guess it. Don't worry, you'll have your turn too ;P You can play as a guest or register for free, for bonuses.
Screenshots:
games - Free Games Library 3110585773_745b40bfa6

- Duke Nukem 3D: Download Duke Nukem 3D Here
Genre: Action, FPS
Description: Taking on the role of Duke Nukem, players must fight through the many alien hordes. As usual for a first-person shooter, players encounter a whole host of different enemies, and can engage them with a range of weaponry. As well as killing aliens to free the Earth, players must also puzzle-solve to progress through the various levels. Some puzzles allow access to extra, hidden levels.
Game Style: Kill baddies, get the girls and save the day.
Screenshots:
games - Free Games Library Dukenukem3d2
games - Free Games Library 1345_full

- Flashback - The Quest for Identity: Download Flashback - The Quest for Identity Here
Genre: Action, Adventure, Science-Fiction, 2D Gameplay
Description: You are an agent of the Galactic Bureau of Investigation. During the course of a simple investigation, you stumble upon a sinister secret, involving hostile aliens disguised among the population. When certain entities realize what you've discovered, they capture you and wipe out your memory... But you manage to escape. Now you're on the run... On the quest for identity and to become the savior of the human race.
Game Style: Throughout the Flashback game you will visit and interact with plenty of great places ranging from lush alien jungles, an underground city, Earth, alien prisons, and alien home worlds. Every level is wonderfully depicted with acute detail. The levels have a realistic gritty feel to them. But what are pretty environments if you can't interact with them? You can talk to people, use terminals, switches, elevators, as well as perform more intricate tasks.
Screenshots:
games - Free Games Library Flashback3
games - Free Games Library Flashback-the-quest-for-identity-2

- Marathon Series: Download the Marathon Series Here
Genre: Action, FPS, Science-Fiction
Description: The Marathon Series has a rather complex story. Still, in an attempt to sum it up, you're a Security Officer (Possibly a Cyborg), dealing with many alien threats throughout the Universe. You're guided by some A.I.'s. Some of them happen to have gone rampant and seem to have gone crazy and unstoppable. Still, while under their "curious" orders, you'll assist humans during the story and prevent Mankind's death.
Game Style: It's an old fps and although the graphics aren't that good, it definatly has a truly epic, twisting story that can only be fully experienced by a serious gameplay. It ensures hours of entertainment in shooting some alien scum and learning about their plans to assault earth, how the A.I.'s are acting and what they truly want.
Screen Shots:
games - Free Games Library Marathon
games - Free Games Library Marathon-shotgun

- Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame: Download Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Here
Genre: Action, Adventure, 2D Gameplay
Description: Your identity has been taken by the evil Grand Vizir Jaffar whome you defeated in the original Prince of Persia. He has bee resurrected by an evil witch and has banished you from your palace. Now, you must fight to reclaim what is yours and save the Sultan's lovely daughter.
Game Style: The character explores various deadly areas, including underground caves, ruins crawling with traps, Eagle-men temples, etc. There is fighting, running, jumping, crawling, avoiding traps, solving puzzles and drinking magic potions. It's quite addictive and definatly a great classic.
Screen Shots:
games - Free Games Library Prince2
games - Free Games Library Prince%20of%20Persia%202%20-%20The%20Shadow%20&%20the%20Flame_6

- Super Mario Flash: Play Super Mario Flash Here
Genre: Fun, Classic, Mario!
Description: Jump around, kill creeps, defeat turtle-dragon-man and save the princess Razz
Game Style: Come on, everyone knows Super Mario Razz
Screen Shots:
games - Free Games Library Super-mario-flash-2%5B1%5D

- The Breach: Play The Breach Here
Genre: Action, Horror, 2D Gameplay
Description: You are a security officer sent to investigate a spaceship that suddenly went silent. As soon as you step in, you come across unimaginable horrors and nightmares that lurk in its dark corridors.
Game Style: This is a pretty cool game. The character explores the spaceship Hermes in a 2D gameplay, fighting off beings from other dimension and other terrors.
Screen Shots:
games - Free Games Library Thebreach

- The Last Stand 2: Play The Last Stand 2 Here
Genre: Zombiekillingfest, Action, Defend the Base
Description: The world has been corrupted by a disease that turned most of the population into zombies. You're one of the survivors that had the luck yet to not be bitten by one of those zombies. Now you've got a few days to make it to the harbour, in order to escape in a ship the army has docked there. On your way there, you'll fight different kinds of zombies, find an amazing selection of weaponary, travel through many locations and find some allies.
Game Style: You've got to travel from area to area, gathering supplies and fighting off zombies in this defend the base style game. You only got a certain ammount of days to make it to the end, so good luck.
Screen Shots:
games - Free Games Library Lastst2a
games - Free Games Library Thelaststand2

Extras:

www.vimm.net ( Nostalgia Games Anyone? Wink ) - Given by Aieru.

www.yoyogames.com (Made with the Game Maker program, which means: all games are made by people like you and me Razz) - Given by Shrooblord

www.bored.com and www.sticksports.com - Given by Vektrix

If you'd like to announce any Free Game, please follow the Structure given by the present ones.

Thank you and happy gaming =D

Last edited by Arkanay on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:47 am; edited 51 times in total
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

games - Free Games Library Empty Re: Free Games Library

Post by Thobe Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:53 am

No Elephant games!?!

http://www.elephant-games.com/
Thobe
Thobe
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : Thobewill

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:06 pm

New game added to the library.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thobe Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:16 pm

:O Prince of Persia!
Thobe
Thobe
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : Thobewill

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Ark, is this basically for abandonware and freeware? I know a TON of abandonware games.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:35 pm

What does abandonware games stand for?

The purpose here was to present free downloads for games that were actually produced by an official company.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Abandonware are games that were produced and sold by software houses, but have subsequently been "abandoned" by them. Thus making them free (and legal) to download. Just type in abandonware to google and you get thousands of them.

SimEarth, Railroad Tycoon, Transport Tycoon, F1GP, Silent Hunter, Premier Manager and a ton of other games I paid for are now free.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:43 pm

I'm not sure the ones here are abandon ware. I'm just finding the games I enjoy and sharing them with everyone here =P

Because here, you can also browse the library, see different genres, styles, etc and perhaps play it if you're up for it.

So if anyone has a game worth of having a look, post it here =)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Prince or Persia is abandonware Ark.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:17 pm

New game added to the library.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostmoon Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Well, i know a good abandonware game, could share it with you, not sure though if i should, i doubt anyone here cares about what i have to say.
Frostmoon
Frostmoon
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Froststar

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Froststar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkbird2000 Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:31 pm

I would care
Hawkbird2000
Hawkbird2000
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=175157

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:24 am

Vek, if you think any of those games (or perhaps others) are quite cool and worth having a look, then feel free to share it here =)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:11 pm

I know this goes against what I said, but I found a free game that requires no download and that is very, very cool. The graphics are quite decent and the story is excellent. The gameplay is pretty nice aswell.

So this thread took a slight change and now is Free Games that either require no download or not... And that are good, ofc :P

Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hordeon Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:06 am

Thobe wrote:No Elephant games!?!

http://www.elephant-games.com/

No Kongregate games!?!

http://www.kongregate.com/
Hordeon
Hordeon
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:09 am

New game added to the library Wink
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:20 am

New game added.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:59 am

New game added ^^
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 am

New games added.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:12 am

May I suggest adding a link to vimm.net? It host a huge collection of NES and SNES games and more! Smile
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:13 am

You may ^^
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:31 am

New game added.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkbird2000 Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:59 am

YAY!
Hawkbird2000
Hawkbird2000
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=175157

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:00 am

New game added
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrooblord Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:53 am

Hmm, could you next time also say which game is the new one you added?
Also, if you would like to see more free games, you can go here:
yoyogames.com
They're all made with the Game Maker program, which means: all games made by people like you and me (yes, me too; although I haven't actually completed anything yet... lol)!
Here's a few I can certainly recommend:
Caveman Craig and Ancient Ants Adventure have got to be one of the top few on my list.
Shrooblord
Shrooblord
Regular
Regular

Female
Spore Name : Shrooblord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next