EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These are probably going to be newbish questions but...

4 posters

Go down

These are probably going to be newbish questions but... Empty These are probably going to be newbish questions but...

Post by Dino589 Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:39 am

So, just installed GA yesterday and I ran into a couple things. As the title suggests, these are probably going to be pretty simple questions with easy solutions, but hey, I only just installed the thing so I am still trying to figure it out and get used to it.
~Where do the photos go? I was putting together an exploration-type mission and took several pics of it. I would assume that, like all my other pics, they would go into the Spore pictures folder. But, they are not there, and after looking around, do not seem to be on my computer anywhere. It would be nice if someone could help me out here, but at the worst I guess I would just have to run around and re-take all of them.
~How come some of my creatures won't move anywhere? They are currently all set to Wander because, really, thats all they need to do. Most of them will wander around, but only in a relatively limited area. Some of them, though (the Epics) act as though their feet are glued to the ground.
~When placing down creatures into the adventure, each one has that blue rotation ring as well as that blue circle on the ground. The blue circle has one of those grab handle arrows to make it bigger and smaller, though aside from that it doesn't seem to do anything. So, then, what is it actually supposed to do?
Once again, these are probably stupidly simple things, though, thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me out.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

These are probably going to be newbish questions but... Empty Re: These are probably going to be newbish questions but...

Post by Goober09 Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:52 am

Dino589 wrote:So, just installed GA yesterday and I ran into a couple things. As the title suggests, these are probably going to be pretty simple questions with easy solutions, but hey, I only just installed the thing so I am still trying to figure it out and get used to it.
~Where do the photos go? I was putting together an exploration-type mission and took several pics of it. I would assume that, like all my other pics, they would go into the Spore pictures folder. But, they are not there, and after looking around, do not seem to be on my computer anywhere. It would be nice if someone could help me out here, but at the worst I guess I would just have to run around and re-take all of them.
~How come some of my creatures won't move anywhere? They are currently all set to Wander because, really, thats all they need to do. Most of them will wander around, but only in a relatively limited area. Some of them, though (the Epics) act as though their feet are glued to the ground.
~When placing down creatures into the adventure, each one has that blue rotation ring as well as that blue circle on the ground. The blue circle has one of those grab handle arrows to make it bigger and smaller, though aside from that it doesn't seem to do anything. So, then, what is it actually supposed to do?
Once again, these are probably stupidly simple things, though, thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me out.

1. Were you clicking the camera icon, or were you pressing the C button? I've had it where when I've pressed the camera icon, the pics only showed up in the adventure, not the computer. But with C, they show up in the My Spore Creations/Pictures folder (as well as in the adventure).

2. I don't know what to say about that.

3. The blue circle thing is the area in which the creature is allowed to wander. That might answer your problem with creature wandering.

Last edited by Goober09 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Goober09

Male
Spore Name : Goober09

http://intergalactic-forum.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

These are probably going to be newbish questions but... Empty Re: These are probably going to be newbish questions but...

Post by Arkanay Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:57 am

Regarding question 2 - Make sure you´ve set the creature Artificial Intelligence properly according to acts. Sometimes, they become just set to wander in a certain act, while in the other act, they´ll do whatever it is on the list for them to do.
Also check if the wander range is large enough, the big circle surrounding the unit.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:01 am

Ah, I see. I had actually been wondering if the blue circle was indeed the range.
Well, this should fix things now. Thanks for clearing that up, you two.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:29 am

have you tied setting them a patrol route? that way they would move as much as you want and the area you want them to move.
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : alien7249

http://www.daac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down