EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

+62
Issenkraal
Walker Laocyan
95razor73
WoityuizE
Lord_Lonestar
Red-Indigo
Greyskull
Mudo
Billith
flux
Lumorei
Drew980
MilkAndCookies
Kevin92
MarkyDMan
War
UltimateZob
Dormin
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
stgermaine
world_piece
Iridescence
Illusionary
demonic790
jellyman12
Vereor
Gen
Shiny_Glass
Aieru
Copperlou
Descardion
Shadow
sjhorm
PlasmaManiac
B1ack_Blob
kyle_r93
Aletrius
Trick
ArticShock
Hutch
Shardna
Sakiara
cwar
Vektrix
Zellex
ArsDraconis
SSJ3_Raditz
Blaze
Zaroas
TrickatelFailsAtPasswords
bmpalmann
Icedmask
MetalStarTech
Forti4
TyrannoFan
SuperLoki
Andeavor
LordRemington
geekus_sapiens
LoD
Arkanay
66 posters

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 11 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Zellex Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:35 pm

I saw The Town a few nights ago as celebration for finishing Biology. It was good, nice acting performances from Affleck and Jeremy Renner. Original for that sort of a film.

3.5/5.
Zellex
Zellex
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : You know that.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Zellex

Back to top Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 11 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Sakiara Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Not a fan of Legion.

I remember that I liked Pan's Labyrinth, but don't remember anything else in it.

Ben Affleck is one of my least favorite actors. He was ok in Armageddon though.

I saw Jennifer's Body which is some demon/vampire movie with Megan Fox. Best part was her kissing another girl Razz

Also saw Toy Story 3 recently. I liked it, it was cute and funny. Predictable of course though.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Sakiara wrote:
I saw Jennifer's Body which is some demon/vampire movie with Megan Fox. Best part was her kissing another girl Razz

I believe you mentioned that before somewhere and my answer is still, I'm not sure what is hotter, the fact Megan Fox was making out with another girl, or the fact you thought that was the best part Razz
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Last night I watched this documentry The Truth about Zombies and it was frightning. They explained why they walk so slow and why they hunger for human flesh. It's got something to do with their brains. Also they think it's possible that there might be a zombie virus in the near future.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellex Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Toy Story 3 was excellent.

@Saki: I've never particularly liked or disliked Affleck, but he was very good in The Town, which he also directed.
Jeremy Renner is one for the future.

@Rem: Agreed.
Zellex
Zellex
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Shardna wrote:Last night I watched this documentry The Truth about Zombies and it was frightning. They explained why they walk so slow and why they hunger for human flesh. It's got something to do with their brains. Also they think it's possible that there might be a zombie virus in the near future.

There is no virus that can create true zombies like you see in the movies. No virus (no matter how powerful) has the ability to animate a corpse. Most viruses die once the host dies and regardless, once a human dies, all brain activity ceases, which means functions such as movement are not possible. There are zombies in the world, but not in the sense that most people think. in Haiti, there are people who are people who are intentionally poisoned with a particular chemical that causes the person to lose all memory and leaves them in a trance like state. They are still able to do basic things, but are more or less zombified in that, who that person once was is dead (in a sense).

but long story short, I'm almost certain there are no viruses that could possibly cause REAL zombies

Last edited by LordRemington on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellex Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:39 pm

@Rem: I thought that the viral zombies weren't actually reanimated, but more like your Haitian variety, except, well, rabid and murderous.
Zellex
Zellex
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Zellex wrote:@Rem: I thought that the viral zombies weren't actually reanimated, but more like your Haitian variety, except, well, rabid and murderous.

There are viruses that can disturb normal brain functions and infact make people go insane, but in terms of your Hollywood style zombie that can't die unless you blow its head off, i think you can breathe safely.

28 days later is about the least far fetched idea, as the people aren't dead but rather just uncontrollable. not inconceivable, but highly, highly unlikely.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellex Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Yeah, the 28 days later variety was more what I was getting at.

While it is highly unlikely, I guess it would technically be possible if, say, rabies mutated the right way, or if some form of infectious prion developed.

But yes, unlikely to find your Zombieland type. But hey, they are just works of fiction. Wink
Zellex
Zellex
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:07 am

My girlfriend and I went to the cinema in order to watch "The Town".

But at the last minute we decided to go watch "Pandorum" instead.

How happy I am we made that choice.
Pandorum is a very, very cool sci-fi, action, survivor, futuristic, (maybe some horror) film.
It definatly made it into my favourite list.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by stgermaine Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:58 am

Last good movie i saw was Avatar.

Next movie i hope to see is "Super 8" coming out in 2011.
stgermaine
stgermaine
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jellyman12 Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:00 am

Avatar is probably the most over-rated movie I have ever seen IMO. I don't see how everyone loves it so much...
jellyman12
jellyman12
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : jellyman12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:06 am

Never heard of Pandorum. Watched the trailer and it looks like a lot of movies I've seen before. Well same genre kind of type thing I guess.

Watched Splice last night. One of the stupidest movies I've ever seen.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:08 am

I think Avatar was a quite cool movie.

But definatly over-rated. The whole fuss that followed it was just too much for my taste.

IMHO, Pandorum > Avatar.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:01 am

stgermaine wrote:Last good movie i saw was Avatar.

Next movie i hope to see is "Super 8" coming out in 2011.
Yes, Super 8 is the most secretive movie ever because that is just like Spielberg. lolz
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:23 am

Avatar is not bad, just overrated, like people saying it is the best.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 am

People like Avatar since it shows humans getting squashed by a beautifully presented native species that interacts with its environment on a chemical level.

Much as I admire Native culture on Earth and am sad to see the past and present travesties commited on them, they aren't exactly the angels people worship them to be.

But back to Avatar, the acting was pretty poor save for a couple of people (Army Captain). Dialogue was laughable at parts, as well. It's too bad that with a budget so large, they did a mediocre job in the casting and writing depts.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 am

Avatar was only about the visuals (which admittedly were pretty amazing, but on all other fronts was really underwhelming
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm

LordRemington wrote:Avatar was only about the visuals (which admittedly were pretty amazing, but on all other fronts was really underwhelming

As I said earlier, it's a futuristic Pocahontas.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Meh just get over it. Rolling Eyes

Saw How To Train Your Dragon last night. Cute and funny.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:57 am

How to Train Your Dragon is a very good movie

Watched The Stepfather the other day which wasn't so great, and Hereafter which was way too long and boring. There was a lot of pointless drawn out parts in it.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:40 am

I could not get over the part where Hiccup and Toothless faught the giga sized dragon that was bossing the smaller dragons around. It just got me thinking how the heck does a creature like that is able to fit in a cave? I know its just a movie but still...
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:17 am

Iron Man.

Epic win.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:23 am

I haven't been to the cinema for quite some time.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:36 am

I just saw Secretariat...
I can say it was pretty good. I would recommend it to you peepolz
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next