EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

+62
Issenkraal
Walker Laocyan
95razor73
WoityuizE
Lord_Lonestar
Red-Indigo
Greyskull
Mudo
Billith
flux
Lumorei
Drew980
MilkAndCookies
Kevin92
MarkyDMan
War
UltimateZob
Dormin
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
stgermaine
world_piece
Iridescence
Illusionary
demonic790
jellyman12
Vereor
Gen
Shiny_Glass
Aieru
Copperlou
Descardion
Shadow
sjhorm
PlasmaManiac
B1ack_Blob
kyle_r93
Aletrius
Trick
ArticShock
Hutch
Shardna
Sakiara
cwar
Vektrix
Zellex
ArsDraconis
SSJ3_Raditz
Blaze
Zaroas
TrickatelFailsAtPasswords
bmpalmann
Icedmask
MetalStarTech
Forti4
TyrannoFan
SuperLoki
Andeavor
LordRemington
geekus_sapiens
LoD
Arkanay
66 posters

Page 28 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 42  Next

Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 28 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by OneDeadSlime Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Unknown was so and so. It could have been better. The concept is not original by any chance but that doesn't make it less interesting. It should have focused on the action. Still a good watch. 1.5/5
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 28 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by LordRemington Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Arkanay wrote:Just finished watching Stealth. It was the second time I saw it, for I had seen it years ago in the cinema.

It's a cool movie, although a bit corny/tacky through that feel that was discussed a couple of posts above.

I like the way it was filmed during the action scenes in the air.

The coolest thing about Stealth for me is, You know the final explosion at the end, where the stealth plane blows up the side of the mountain. I was there to see it Razz

The filmed the last part of the stealth movie in megalong where I used to live.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:41 pm

LordRemington wrote:You know the final explosion at the end, where the stealth plane blows up the side of the mountain. I was there to see it Razz

The final explosion is the Stealth plane crashing into a North Korean helicopter. scratch
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Arkanay wrote:
LordRemington wrote:You know the final explosion at the end, where the stealth plane blows up the side of the mountain. I was there to see it Razz

The final explosion is the Stealth plane crashing into a North Korean helicopter. scratch

Spoiler:
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Ah, hehe, all right then. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:58 am

I (unfortunately) watched Piranhas 3D (though not in 3D) just now. I had great expectations. A blood lusty herd of piranhas attacks a coast and eats everything and mostly everyone in its path.

Movies like this have a few certain characteristics. First and foremost, they don't take themselves seriously. They usually present death in such a way that you just have to laugh to "cast it out", which is where the "guilty pleasure" of them lies. Several other cliches of the genre follow, which I won't mention now but they're easily recognisable. All of them are welcome, and for the first 45 minutes, Piranhas 3D adheres to them pretty nicely.

Unfortunately, after that it's no longer a solid movie of its genre. It gets so overt that you realise that a gory struggle for survival is one thing and a showcase of any trash the people behind the movie can imagine is another. I'm used to these movies and it's one of the few times I felt I really should turn it off and leave.

If you're not into that sort of movies, avoid this at all costs. If you are, the same. 0/5
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:05 am

I dislike any piranah film, I remember the first one, I generally dislike the cliche style of these sorts of movies, but the originals have become sort of a classic. I think newer ones have become a shadow of these, trying hard but not trying to move it foward.

I recently saw Resident evil: afterlife. I love the resident evil films, but thought this was a little patchy. It had all the stuffs, monsters, blood, awesome soundtrack and unbelievable fight scenes but it still felt a bit, I dunno, stiched together. scratch
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:09 am

I'm glad I didn't watch that movie, Slime. It just seemed extremelly lame on the preview and it gave me the feel it wouldn't bring anything positive.

I did like the last Resident Evil movie. It is very likely one of my favourites of the series. The dude with the huge meat-hammer was pretty dope. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Arkanay wrote:
I did like the last Resident Evil movie. It is very likely one of my favourites of the series. The dude with the huge meat-hammer was pretty dope. Razz

I did like it, but I thought the second one was probably better. My trouble with it was the story line was a bit jumpy and it jumped a huge way without much explination from the 3rd.

Yeah, that dude was awesome, as was his demise lol. Just wish there had been more to do with him!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:36 am

Just finished watching the Golden Compass.

I liked it. Didn't think it was an excellent movie, but it was quite decent.

---

Saw The Haunting as well. Felt like a classic. Really cool.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Watched Rango yesterday. More like an array of cliches, unoriginal, unfunny and above all uninteresting. Don't bother.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:40 am

That movie looked lame and cheesy to me just from the trailers, so it's not surprising.

=============================================================

Watched Any Given Sunday. Al Pacino movie. Apparently the movie got terrible reviews buts I'm not sure why, I thought it was rather good.

Kind of a typical football movie about redeeming the team and AL Pacino being a washed up coach trying to help his team win the big game, but for a typical football movie it was good.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by War Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:46 am

Watched Sin City and Braveheart last night.
War
War
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Warboss92

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:55 am

War wrote:Watched Sin City and Braveheart last night.

Both great movies, although Braveheart is greater. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Wait, the old Braveheart? Not bad, not great either though. Watched it very recently on TV.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:07 pm

I haven't seen braveheart in a really long time.

Needed a laugh, watched Undercover Brother. I find anything with Dave Chapelle in it funny.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 am

Braveheart... Watched that ages ago, wasn't too bad if i recall.

I recently watched, the happening. Was okay, I guess. Bit repetitive and obvious.

I also watched the messengers, was okay too, better than the happening. Again a little predictable.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:28 am

I heard The Happening was supposed to be terrible. Even Mark Wahlberg said it was bad. You know a movies bad when the actor says its bad Razz

I watched Idiocracy last night. Its a funny movie and while it exaggerates how stupid people are becoming it does make a lot of good points about today's society. Can only hope we don't become that stupid in the future.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:17 am

Watched Unstoppable (2010) yesterday. When a train loaded with dangerous chemicals (surprised?) runs wild, it's up to a veteran and a rookie engine driver to save the day.

Superficially, it's got an original concept, however down to the core, it's just another movie about one or two heroic men saving America from disaster once again. Not very realistic in some aspects/ scenes either. Movies about trains are usually tranquil enough, but this one you expect it to be action-packed; yet after watching the movie you get to realize that there's not much interesting to a train speeding unmanned, visually at least.
Still it's a good watch. I'd say 2/5
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:24 am

I like Unstoppable. I do agree that the thing with Americans saving America is more than spent (no offense intended), but I believe it is a solid movie and Denzel does a nice performance.

My favourite character is that long-haired guy that drives a small truck. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Okay, watched a movie called April Fool's Day (2008). A few youngsters get involved in the death of a girl on April Fool's day, and a year later, she comes back to have revenge on them.
Even if you haven't seen "I know what you did last summer" it's still not a good movie, these movies can have some fun in them but the deaths are unimaginative and above all you won't be "in the edge of your seat". Focusing on just one person throughout the entire movie was a bad choice, and even the (rather funny) plot twist at the end doesn't justify that. I wouldn't bother.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:02 am

Ohhh... I have no clue what I want to see this month. Going to the cinema would be a rare thing for me these days. >-<. Not a lot of choices this time around. There is this easter movie called HOP but I'm not sure if thats any good. I think Unstoppable was ment to be based on a true story.
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:42 am

Just saw 51st State. Was a cool and entertaining action movie. Samuel L J doing what he does best - Being a badass. Razz The movie also had some funny moments. I enjoyed watching it.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Shardna wrote:Ohhh... I have no clue what I want to see this month. Going to the cinema would be a rare thing for me these days. >-<. Not a lot of choices this time around. There is this easter movie called HOP but I'm not sure if thats any good. I think Unstoppable was ment to be based on a true story.

So many things happen in this world, any film can be based on a true story.

After watching the horrendous Piranhas 3D last week, yesterday I saw Vampire Bats (2005), a film about maneating bats attacking a provincial town. Except this one is actually not horrible. It's almost a solid movie of its genre, but not quite; it seems to lack pace and focus on the bats themselves, and consequently it's not as interesting as it could be, but still, after Piranhas I can't dislike this much.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 am

Indeed it seems like any movie with a half way plausible plot line is "based on a true story".

Well last night I watched Half-Baked. One of Dave Chapelle's first movies. Before he was famous.

Eh. Didn't find it particularly funny. It had its little moment, but overall wasn't hilarious. Dave's humor seemed alot more served, but maybe that was due to him not being famous at that time.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 42  Next