EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

+62
Issenkraal
Walker Laocyan
95razor73
WoityuizE
Lord_Lonestar
Red-Indigo
Greyskull
Mudo
Billith
flux
Lumorei
Drew980
MilkAndCookies
Kevin92
MarkyDMan
War
UltimateZob
Dormin
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
stgermaine
world_piece
Iridescence
Illusionary
demonic790
jellyman12
Vereor
Gen
Shiny_Glass
Aieru
Copperlou
Descardion
Shadow
sjhorm
PlasmaManiac
B1ack_Blob
kyle_r93
Aletrius
Trick
ArticShock
Hutch
Shardna
Sakiara
cwar
Vektrix
Zellex
ArsDraconis
SSJ3_Raditz
Blaze
Zaroas
TrickatelFailsAtPasswords
bmpalmann
Icedmask
MetalStarTech
Forti4
TyrannoFan
SuperLoki
Andeavor
LordRemington
geekus_sapiens
LoD
Arkanay
66 posters

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 34 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by sjhorm Thu May 19, 2011 11:57 am

Just watched Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage
Rush is awesome, and so was this movie. Very Happy

9/10

Last edited by sjhorm on Fri May 20, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 34 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Arkanay Fri May 20, 2011 9:57 am

I have just finished watching the movie Daybreakers.

It is a vampire movie, where the majority of the "human" population is composed by vampires who run the world and real humans are the underdogs, hunted and in hiding. This brings some funny ideas, like commercials advertising for blood, blood bars and other wacky thingies. But blood is running out, as humans are getting extinct, and vampires end up turning into mindless monsters if they stay too long without blood. Eventually, one of the vampires, the main character, gets buddy buddy with the humans and together try to find a solution and the story rolls off. It has several quite predictable scenes, but all in all, it is an entertaining, nice action packed flick.

7.5/10.

---

I went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, on Stranger Tides, and I was quite glad with it. A cool, very within-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-style movie, with silly jokes here and there and funny (dark humour at times) moments. The mermaids were well made and slightly creepy. ^^ The 3D was very appropriate and it actually suited the movie well, IMO.

8/10
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat May 21, 2011 6:44 am

Just saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Very nicely made, as Ark has said. The mermaids were pretty, and so was Penelope Razz
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sat May 21, 2011 7:49 am

Predator.

Original.

It was quite a good movie, at least it was entertaining. I swear Predator looks much more like an alien, classic green blood and all.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 21, 2011 8:16 pm

I saw The Cave last night. I had seen it in the cinema several years ago, though.

It's all right. I think it starts off quite well, but then sort of deteriorated towards the end. The characters are a little annoying and hard to connect to, it seemed to me. Like bossing each other around and with a forced fight scene among friends after a small argument. The creatures were decently made but overall, I give it a 6/10.

I wonder if it was inspired by the book series: The Descent. It is great. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun May 22, 2011 12:44 am

Actually, there was a film called the Descent a while back, which IMO, was alot better and the fight scenes were alot better/grittier. The ending was also a little odd, but left for some interestng ideas.

I wonder if that was the film that was based on the book series? Probably, the Cave did seem like a rip off of it when I watched it.

---

Watched a wierd anime, with my little sis the other day. It was called; The cat returns.

Odd, but in the way you want to watch more to find out, but pretty non conclusive. Then again, it was made for children...

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun May 22, 2011 6:48 am

I just watched Hop... I didn't expect that premise. Laughing
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 22, 2011 11:10 am

I just saw Ghosts of Mars, by John Carpenter.

A decent horror, sci-fi, action movie, nice for a Saturday evening. Nothing epic (with several flaws), but it managed to deliver.

6 out of 10.

---

Face Off is on TV now.

I've seen it many times and I like it. Very Happy Nic Cage and John Travolta wrap it up nicely for me in this one. It is funny, interesting and captivating to me. ^^
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Sun May 22, 2011 5:26 pm

I just saw Alien vs Predator this morning on TV. The plotline was a bit lacking, although the suspense and entertainment section of the actual movie was very captivating.

Spoiler:

7.5 out of 10.
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 24, 2011 3:36 am

I also enjoyed that movie, Illusionary, although I think it could have been better. Perhaps a few more alien/predator fighting scenes and with more focus on the story.

I have Alien vs Predator 2: Requiem on DVD. That movie is way too dark. It's a pain to watch it during day time, but it's still a decent movie.

I think one of the best of the series is Predators, the most recent one that was in the cinema several months ago. I like it. Of course the classics are pretty cool too, but I enjoyed the last one a lot.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Felt nostalgic so I watched the Original Toy Story movie.

Still awesome.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by War Wed May 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Watched From Hell and Team America today, both were good.
War
War
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Warboss92

Back to top Go down

Post by WoityuizE Thu May 26, 2011 3:19 am

I - was forced to - watch(ed) Die Welle today. It's a German movie based on an american teaches Idea of making a new Fascistic organication (only as a school procjet) In the real life story, He ends the project by asking the students who their actual leader could be? of cause the don't know, and he shows them a picture of The Adolf (Hitler). In the movie its crazy (and german) but its an ok movie, just a little twisted...Very Happy
WoityuizE
WoityuizE
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : WoityuizE

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/WoityuizE

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Thu May 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Perhaps I haven't seen this movie quite yet, but the movie I am absolutely most excited for in the entire world is The Hobbit.

I loved the earlier movies, the books, all of them.
Then I hear there will be a movie and I cannot wait
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm looking forward to watch that one too, Horm. Very Happy
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri May 27, 2011 6:38 am

Arkanay wrote:I'm looking forward to watch that one too, Horm. Very Happy

Inorite!

I need to see more Gollum and Gandalf Razz
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat May 28, 2011 6:26 am

I'd like to see more of Elrond, tbh. Hugo Weaves is <3

I saw The Tree of Life (2011) just now... it's a good movie, yes, a good one, an interesting thought on life, death and God, but over-pompous. 1.5/5

Last edited by OneDeadSlime on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sat May 28, 2011 9:00 am

I recently watched Delirious again, an old movie where a writer wakes up in his own TV soap after and accident and realizes he could write anything and it will happen.

I really miss John Candy, he always brought this realistic attitude into his comedies.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 29, 2011 9:34 am

Children of Men.

I liked it. Thought it was well made. 7.5/10
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon May 30, 2011 8:09 pm

I haven't seen it but I came across the film The Taking of Pelham One Two Three from 1974, where a bunch of criminals hijack a subway train and demand a ransom. The funny thing about it is the tag line:

"We are going to kill one passenger a minute until New York City pays us 1 million dollars."

I'm reminded of Dr. Evil's laughed-at threat in the first Austin Powers film. Times sure have changed with the insane amounts of money we have - yet most people have none of it... very strange indeed.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:56 pm

That sounds like an intense movie. Can't imagine with "kill one passenger a minute" that that movie ends on a happy note.

I watched "Shooter" at a friends house. Seen it before. Typical Mark Wahlberg action movie but over a decent movie.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:35 am

Went to see Unknown yesterday.

Very cool, interesting, slightly mysterious in a way, movie.

Today I saw There be Dragons.

Another good movie. It's not about dragons, for those in doubt, but about certain events during the Spanish Civil War and the creation of Opus Dei.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dormin Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:10 am

I watched "Sword of the stranger" on Friday.
Dormin
Dormin
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Possum95

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Watched Paranormal activity 2 (2010) yesterday... very, very disappointing, a repetition of the first film would do, but this one isn't a good movie on its own, 0.5/5
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 pm

OneDeadSlime wrote:Watched Paranormal activity 2 (2010) yesterday... very, very disappointing, a repetition of the first film would do, but this one isn't a good movie on its own, 0.5/5

A clip from the preview of that movie (and knowledge of the first) was enough to keep me away from it. It just didn't seem like my thing at all. I like horror and paranormal genres, but that one just seemed plain boring and almost helpless.

I want to watch Apollo 18! Shocked

http://apollo18movie.net/
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next