EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Oscars 2011

3 posters

Go down

The Oscars 2011 Empty The Oscars 2011

Post by Vektrix Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:31 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12278412

The list of the main award is shown above. Just what do you think? Do you think the right ones won? Do you think it is a popularity contest over talent?

My Thoughts.

I am thoroughly disappointed that Christian Bale won for two reasons. 1) I think he is an appalling actor, every film I've seen him in, he has always been abysmal and 2) All films about Boxing are awful in my opinion, from the Rocky Films to Raging Bull (this may be in part because I think boxing in general is stupid). The clips I'd seen of both The Fighter and The Social Network did not make me wanna see them either.

As a Brit I am glad that The King's Speech did so well in getting three of the big awards, although I feel as a Brit that Helena Bonham-Carter deserves an Oscar for her superb acting in general. As I have only seen The King's Speech and Toy Story 3 of all the nominated films, I think Toy Story 3 should have won best film.

I acknowledge I am unlikely to see many of the other films (Inception and The Fighter especially), so my opinion is not totally valid.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

The Oscars 2011 Empty Re: The Oscars 2011

Post by Illusionary Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:55 pm

I was surprised that Inception didn't win Best Picture. It was an amazing film with a great plot, very good (but simple) special effects, and amazing sound. I understand it won for those categories, although maybe people didn't want Inception hogging up every single category. Whether or not it won Best Picture, it's a classic that people will look at years from now, IMO.

As for Best Animation, I was certainly split between Toy Story 3 and How to Train Your Dragon. Although I was sort of leading toward the 2nd one, Toy Story 3 sort of caught me by surprised. They were both evenly matched movies, and still great individually.

I also have not seen The Social Network, although I have to say that the scores of Inception and How to Train your Dragon where certainly stunning. Hans Zimmer never fails to bring out an epic score for any movie he's hired for.
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:18 pm

I only watched bits and pieces of the Oscars, but I did notice that the king's speech stole the show. Took out so many awards. Makes me want to see it.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down