EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Buy dish and get a free gun to protect it.

+7
sjhorm
TyrannoFan
Hutch
Andeavor
Vektrix
Arkanay
LordRemington
11 posters

Go down

NEWS: Buy dish and get a free gun to protect it. Empty NEWS: Buy dish and get a free gun to protect it.

Post by LordRemington Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:32 pm

HAMILTON, Mont. — A Radio Shack in Montana is offering would-be satellite television customers a bit more bang for their buck.

The Ravalli Republic reports customers who sign up for some Dish Network packages at Radio Shack in Hamilton will be rewarded with a pistol or shotgun. Those not interested in the gun offer can pick a $50 Pizza Hut gift card.

Store owner Steve Strand says it took some haggling to get Dish Network Corp. to go along with the promotion, but he says it has tripled his business since it started last October.

The sign outside the business reads: "Protect yourself with Dish Network. Sign up now, get free gun."
Story: Dealer offers free AK-47 for truck buyers

The promotion includes a coupon for a gun and the required background check.

Strand says he plans to start the same promotion next month with DIRECTV packages.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42275527/ns/business-us_business/

Promotions in the rest of the world "Buy one, get one free"

Promotions in The good old U.S of A "Buy one, get gun free".
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Buy dish and get a free gun to protect it. Empty Re: NEWS: Buy dish and get a free gun to protect it.

Post by Arkanay Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 pm

I don't really know what to say... Neutral Doesn't sound good to me.

I would like to read what American EuroSporeons think of this, though.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Buy dish and get a free gun to protect it. Empty Re: NEWS: Buy dish and get a free gun to protect it.

Post by Vektrix Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:28 pm

This is one of the reasons why much of the rest of the world do not like the US. I am also shocked that by now there has not been a big enough movement to actually look at the second amendment and realise it does not prevent laws limiting gun use and sales, all the second amendment states is the "right to keep and bear arms". There is zero mention of limiting what "arms" are widely available, only an outright ban of "arms" is unconstitutional.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:52 pm

In one of my upcoming University projects, I have to make reference to "The right to bear arms" in the U.S., as well as Death Penalty and The Right to Kill - based on the movie "A Time to Kill". It'll be a topic I have to present to class, so this is something I must look more into it.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Only in America do you get a gun to protect yourself from... your television. Facepalm
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutch Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Honestly, I'm not surprised, nor disgusted. I kind of expected this. Since this seems to be happening in MONTANA of all places, it was sort of bound to happen. We still have footholds of good ol' patriotic, "carry your shotgun to your kids school" America in certain states.

Well, on the bright side. Since they are promoting defense of our television, maybe the car companies might start selling rocket launchers, so we can "Reduce the environmental footprint of others, and reduce overall traffic" or maybe we get free pistols for ever purchase of a baby stroller. Have to defend our babies! Really the possibilities are endless!

Well, that's America for you. Don't say I didn't warn you when we start getting hand grenades for every large pizza we purchase Razz

Hutch
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Thestarwarsgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 pm

LOL

Seriously? Buy a TV, get a gun free? I don't think I expected something too different from there, but really.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:48 pm

This is hilarious
Only in America XD
Personally, I think it's pretty funny. It's a little silly, but it made me laugh.

and lol about the Pizza Hut giftcard
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:32 am

Thestarwarsgeek wrote:Honestly, I'm not surprised, nor disgusted. I kind of expected this. Since this seems to be happening in MONTANA of all places, it was sort of bound to happen. We still have footholds of good ol' patriotic, "carry your shotgun to your kids school" America in certain states.

Well, on the bright side. Since they are promoting defense of our television, maybe the car companies might start selling rocket launchers, so we can "Reduce the environmental footprint of others, and reduce overall traffic" or maybe we get free pistols for ever purchase of a baby stroller. Have to defend our babies! Really the possibilities are endless!

Well, that's America for you. Don't say I didn't warn you when we start getting hand grenades for every large pizza we purchase Razz

Soon enough though they'll start putting guns into childrens advertisement.

New Mc Happy Meal from McDonald's comes with a small drink, small fries, small cheeseburger and your choice of a Harry Potter action figure or P99 semi-automatic pistol
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:37 am

LordRemington wrote:
HAMILTON, Mont. — A Radio Shack in Montana is offering would-be satellite television customers a bit more bang for their buck.

The Ravalli Republic reports customers who sign up for some Dish Network packages at Radio Shack in Hamilton will be rewarded with a pistol or shotgun. Those not interested in the gun offer can pick a $50 Pizza Hut gift card.

Store owner Steve Strand says it took some haggling to get Dish Network Corp. to go along with the promotion, but he says it has tripled his business since it started last October.

The sign outside the business reads: "Protect yourself with Dish Network. Sign up now, get free gun."
Story: Dealer offers free AK-47 for truck buyers

The promotion includes a coupon for a gun and the required background check.

Strand says he plans to start the same promotion next month with DIRECTV packages.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42275527/ns/business-us_business/

Promotions in the rest of the world "Buy one, get one free"

Promotions in The good old U.S of A "Buy one, get gun free".
u jelli?

Although I must admit, crime is rather low in that part of the US and I have to wonder how useful that gun would really be. Especially because everyone already owns one of those.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Seriously US, this HAS TO STOP!

There, I said it Laughing

Soon the rest of the world will be too scared to visit you guys.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Descardion wrote:

Although I must admit, crime is rather low in that part of the US and I have to wonder how useful that gun would really be. Especially because everyone already owns one of those.

well its not so much about whether it being useful, its the fact it really doesn't help with the U.S's image of being a gun crazy country. When you are given the choice between a pizza voucher and a gun, thats when its maybe being taken a bit too far.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateZob Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:48 am

This seems pretty ridiculous to the rest of me. But then, it's USA. On one trip I made to the states, I encountered a small pink shotgun... a shotgun for little girls! Hooray!

Considering that Americans really seem to like their guns, it was only a matter of time before marketing caught on and used that.
UltimateZob
UltimateZob
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : UltimateZob

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/UltimateZob

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:20 pm

LordRemington wrote:
Descardion wrote:

well its not so much about whether it being useful, its the fact it really doesn't help with the U.S's image of being a gun crazy country. When you are given the choice between a pizza voucher and a gun, thats when its maybe being taken a bit too far.
Lemme tell you this: We really don't care what anyone else thinks about our country, lol. We've hit rough times, and the Iraq War really raped our reputation, but the USA is still a fanf*ckingtastic country and I'm proud to live here. And we're far from "gun-crazy": Most people who own a lot of guns are very intelligent people who are the least susceptible to going nuts and using their arsenal in the worst way.

Random events like the occasional school shooting or assassination attempt are unrelated and could happen in any other country and really don't reflect the values and attitudes of my fellow Americans. It's a negative stereotype, like black people loving watermelons (although who the hell doesn't?). We love our guns because it's fun to go out and shoot crap and have a good time together.

Anyways, enough rambling. Screw the pizza, gimme a shotty!
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Descardion wrote:Lemme tell you this: We really don't care what anyone else thinks about our country, lol. We've hit rough times, and the Iraq War really raped our reputation, but the USA is still a fanf*ckingtastic country and I'm proud to live here. And we're far from "gun-crazy": Most people who own a lot of guns are very intelligent people who are the least susceptible to going nuts and using their arsenal in the worst way.

Random events like the occasional school shooting or assassination attempt are unrelated and could happen in any other country and really don't reflect the values and attitudes of my fellow Americans. It's a negative stereotype, like black people loving watermelons (although who the hell doesn't?). We love our guns because it's fun to go out and shoot crap and have a good time together.

Spoken like a true American... Facepalm
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Andeavor wrote:
Descardion wrote:Lemme tell you this: We really don't care what anyone else thinks about our country, lol. We've hit rough times, and the Iraq War really raped our reputation, but the USA is still a fanf*ckingtastic country and I'm proud to live here. And we're far from "gun-crazy": Most people who own a lot of guns are very intelligent people who are the least susceptible to going nuts and using their arsenal in the worst way.

Problem? Laughing

No, seriously. Is there a problem to be had with what I've just said? I'm pretty sure I've made this argument as intelligently as possible. I don't appreciate my country and I being mocked without any sort of counterargument. I don't want any trouble, but would it kill you to have a little courtesy?
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:29 pm

lol
Didzo
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Descardion wrote:
Andeavor wrote:
Problem? Laughing

No, seriously. Is there a problem to be had with what I've just said? I'm pretty sure I've made this argument as intelligently as possible. I don't appreciate my country and I being mocked without any sort of counterargument. I don't want any trouble, but would it kill you to have a little courtesy?

Des don't forget. I'm a San Fransisco born Razz and lived there for a a good portion of my life. I may have given off the wrong impression with what I said.

I can see it from both sides of the fence.

I lived in America and lived in the worse part of LA for a while. Got used to the sound of a gunshot every now and then. With a murder rate somewhere in the 15'000 per year area I can see why a lot of people would feel safer with a gun on hand. However when things like this come up on the news, it really doesn't help the world's impression of America that they are too obsessed with guns and having guns. But again, I do get why in some areas, its not that insane to have a gun. My Dad owned one while I lived there, think he still does.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:36 am

Most people would flinch at the truth, but I'm not one of them. You hit it right on the head, and I agree 100%.

But don't let the errors of a few define your view of the American people as a whole.

There's a lot more I could say, but I don't really know how to put it into words.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:53 am

Things seem to be getting heated up in here... 'tis a shame I have no right to say "Stop" :/

No country is perfect. No country is the worst. Albeit America has gotten an awful lot of negative media and leaked info going, but they're far from the worst. England's economy is crashing and burning. Libya is in trouble. Iraq has a bad rep with war and media. Africa is fueled by greed. This is what we've been told. Who knows what we're being hidden from, or what's not even been revealed.

IMO no country is better than any others. But should still be paid with some level of respect.

Just figured I'd throw in my opinion, since that's what everyone else does.

Anyways, *back on topic*, this free guns deal is pretty horrific. But if they're allowed to distribute them, then clearly the area it's being distributed in is capable enough not to go crazy. Sales have reportedly tripled - I've yet to hear anything on gun-related incidents in that area rise.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:04 am

I wonder if citizens of ancient Greece got into arguments about Sparta having more swords.
Razz
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down