EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: T-Rex attacks Australian School Children

+5
Shardna
Red-Indigo
Kevin92
Arkanay
Andeavor
9 posters

Go down

NEWS: T-Rex attacks Australian School Children Empty NEWS: T-Rex attacks Australian School Children

Post by Andeavor Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:12 am

Ok, maybe not so much as "attacking" as promoting the Walking With Dinosaurs -- The Arena Spectacular show currently appearing for a comeback in their home in Australia featuring over 20 life-sized dinosaurs reenacting scenes from the "Jurassic Park Community Theatre". Wink
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

NEWS: T-Rex attacks Australian School Children Empty Re: NEWS: T-Rex attacks Australian School Children

Post by Arkanay Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:26 am

Hehe, that looks fun. Works better in a crowded area, where the "pilot's" legs become more disguised. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

NEWS: T-Rex attacks Australian School Children Empty Re: NEWS: T-Rex attacks Australian School Children

Post by Kevin92 Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:55 am

i want this custome for carneval! hehe Very Happy
Kevin92
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:20 am

Wow! Thats awesome. I really want one! Wish this show was coming to england too.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:28 am

I think it was in England last year already but the next stop is North America for their second tour. They might continue and come through Europe again.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:30 am

Sad ohhh! Typical! lol, well fingers crossed, I know my sister would love to see it too. Although I may be tempted to hijack that dino...
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:29 am

*Gasps!* I absoluetly love Walking With Dinosaurs! I think they were in Ireland one time but sadly I wasen't able to see it. Sad I hope they'll come back here again sometime soon and this time I'm gonna persuade my family to see it for sure!
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by PlasmaManiac Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 am

I hope they come to Alberta, like we have the badlands and plenty of fossils, why wouldn't they come.
I love it how I didn't even notice the pilot's legs until about 0:43 lol.
I thought it was a machine
PlasmaManiac
PlasmaManiac

Male
Spore Name : PlasmaManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:37 pm

It started in England, Red Wink

Plasma, the T-Rex should be an Albertasaurus when it comes to you guys, the Rex is only a little larger anyway.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Heh, I found this comment on the video:

The children are reacting to the creature in a pure, visceral way because of the way their brains are processing the experience. The human legs, which are a dead giveaway for a cynical adult, become an abstract part of the creature's body. When it lowers its head and roars, the children take the sound and movement as a real experience. This is a remarkable gift that the young mind possesses, one that any adult who wishes to enjoy life should be striving to attain.

That's amazing. Very Happy

It makes me want to see the show actually. I've always heard about it from my cousins, but now I might actually see it.
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:26 am

I think it should come as absolutely no surprise to know that I've seen this. Razz

PlasmaManiac wrote:I hope they come to Alberta, like we have the badlands and plenty of fossils, why wouldn't they come.
I love it how I didn't even notice the pilot's legs until about 0:43 lol.
I thought it was a machine
Given how big Alberta is into paleontology, I'd have thought it have been there at least at some point. I know the show was touring Canada a few years ago. I saw it when it was in Toronto.

It was actually quite impressive to see in person. While I think many of the creatures are oversized to some degree, it still gets across the scale we know these things could get. The creatures I feel could certainly leave a lasting impact on the audience. Perhaps what is also pretty crazy is just how well things must be choreographed. I think its something like about a half dozon people to control just one of the large robots (including one to drive, one to guide the driver, a couple to animate, and another for the sounds).
And crazier still is that a while ago one of the large robots actually got stolen! No idea how you steal something that big without someone noticing.

Even though I don't think it can be given all praise. If there is one thing I would have liked to have seen, its more attention to making the animals look... Well, more like the animals they are supposed to be. I know (and have found out from experience) that things like this are a great way to reach out to public and get the science across, so doing things like showing off feathers raptors with pronated hands can basically be interpreted as promoting defunct ideas. As it is, practically none of the animals look like their real world counterparts, and are more or less representational. But that might just be me. Plus I can still try and get my hopes up for something coming out later this year.

Still, as theatrics and entertainment goes it was quite enjoyable, and I'd imagine that's much more what it was for in the first place.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:55 am

Dino, based on the fossil evidence they can only really make educated guesses as to what colour they were. I imagine some of the dinosaurs, like modern day birds, were really very colourful, and some, no matter how large, would have been hard to spot due to their camouflaging. However, it would be nice, if what you say is true, that the robots represented the thinking at the time of construction, as opposed to attempting to sensationalise them a bit - why would you need to do that anyway? scratch

I would loove to see it, sometimes I imagine I am a wealthy man who can afford to commission life-size representations of extinct creatures and show them off to the public... alas, I am not Sad
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down