EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Middle age man attacks 13 boy over Call of Duty game

3 posters

Go down

NEWS: Middle age man attacks 13 boy over Call of Duty game Empty NEWS: Middle age man attacks 13 boy over Call of Duty game

Post by LordRemington Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:10 am

A 46-year-old father of three has admitted to court officials that he attacked a teen boy who killed off his "Call of Duty: Black Ops" character.

Mark Bradford, of Plymouth, England, became unhinged after his character was murdered, but also because he said the 13-year-old who took the shot called him a name. The two were playing the game over the Internet, and using microphones to talk.

Bradford knew where the boy lived, stormed over to his house and grabbed the boy's throat with both hands, according to the youngster's mother, who came to his rescue, says a report in The Mirror. The boy had some scratches, but was unharmed physically.

"It wasn’t malice. I just grabbed him. I’ve seen him since and apologized. The injuries weren’t that bad but I do regret it," Bradford told the court Thursday.

Bradford's attorney, Tracey Baker, said her client "just lost it," but that the attack wasn't planned, said the Plymouth Herald.

What is planned is an Oct. 24 sentencing hearing for Bradford, who was released on bail.

Said the boy's mother to The Mirror: "It’s pathetic that a grown man would attack a defenseless child like this. If you can’t handle losing to a child then you shouldn’t be playing games."
http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/30/8067727-angry-call-of-duty-dad-attacks-teen-who-shot-him

His explanation is pathetic. "I just grabbed him". He went through the trouble of going over to the kid's house over a video game. This reminds me of another story of a guy stabbing another person over a cod match.

This is yet another one of the reasons I don't like COD. People take it far far too seriously.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Middle age man attacks 13 boy over Call of Duty game Empty Re: NEWS: Middle age man attacks 13 boy over Call of Duty game

Post by TyrannoFan Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:22 am

Yeh, a lot of the people that play COD are so srs. It's kind of ironic how games are meant to entertain and to have fun with, but instead, people go round stabbing each other over them.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Middle age man attacks 13 boy over Call of Duty game Empty Re: NEWS: Middle age man attacks 13 boy over Call of Duty game

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:45 am

The article is extremely bad and impression seeking. The man wasn't a complete stranger , if you read the entire article. This is the kind of thing that was written to create a "it can happen to my kids" impression.

OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down