EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Rumor has it: New Nintendo Console Debuting at E3 This June - Update: May Come Out in November 2011 Already

+9
MarkyDMan
LordRemington
sjhorm
Lumorei
Trick
Arkanay
Red-Indigo
Vektrix
Andeavor
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NEWS: Rumor has it: New Nintendo Console Debuting at E3 This June - Update: May Come Out in November 2011 Already - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWS: Rumor has it: New Nintendo Console Debuting at E3 This June - Update: May Come Out in November 2011 Already

Post by Red-Indigo Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:15 am

I agree there, people just won't bother if a) no capability to do so or b) not interested. ive spoken to a few people who don't want the 3D effect, so it should be optional.

The trouble with nintendo, is like mentioned, they steered their demographic toward utility software. So people who wouldnt usually game/use a console did. Now the other companies caught on, tacked it on to their ranges and in the same process made a huge welcome sign for those so called 'hardcore' gamers.

Nintendo have stiff competition because they have alienated a good portion of people. Not their fault really, but more developers for not pushing the wii and only bringin out family or utility orientated games.

I love my wii, so I do hope this will rejuvienate nintendo and developers a little bit. Ive only brought two 'not family orientated' games, only one of which I liked. I just hope this new console will pave the way for a wider range of games.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Rumor has it: New Nintendo Console Debuting at E3 This June - Update: May Come Out in November 2011 Already - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWS: Rumor has it: New Nintendo Console Debuting at E3 This June - Update: May Come Out in November 2011 Already

Post by die876 Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:16 am

Some nintendo staff have already said that they definitely aren't planning on making the next home console 3D
die876
die876
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : die876

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:23 am

Thats good. I like the idea of the 3DS, but I hate the idea of it on TV. Its great and all but not necissary.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:56 am

Well, I think it's because the realm of gaming has changed as a whole. It used to be Pong and Pac Man. Fun little arcade games that kept you occupied.
Now it seems like kids can't be amused unless they're shooting and killing. Kids just don't seem to see the point of Mario, since you can't kill the Goombas with an AK-47.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:19 pm

So, what does this new console need to have that will help?

If few of you think 3D is the way forward here, what is? I don't think a screen on the controller is terribly useful.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Eh, I think Nintendo should stop incorporating little gimmicks in their consoles and focus on a greater range of games.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Trickatel wrote:Eh, I think Nintendo should stop incorporating little gimmicks in their consoles and focus on a greater range of games.

Indeed, infact it has been the gimmicks which have scared of major gaming developers from Ninetendo. If they are planning on making a serious competitor to the 360 and the ps3, then need to drop the pointless side features and focus on making a console that leaves a lot for the game developers to work with.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:23 am

I like some of the gimmicks. Like the balance board and what not, they were fun and did make other developers move on, albeit with Xbox and PS.

But other things I just think wha... Like the various attachments for the wii and all this camera stuff on DS. Its just small stuff for a small economic boost.

It should be focused on making all the stuff they put in useable and integral to the games and like everyones said, with a wider range of games. I like the co op games, but Ive only ever bought 2 action//RPG games for the wii and 1 of them failed, I think because of all the gimmicks.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Goober09 Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:16 am

I think the Wii is due for a succesor, unlike the DS, which has un-needed upgraded every year. >_>

I also think the Wii needs an broder range of genres, more action and adventure rather then just party games. Games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Monster Hunter Tri are games I've really enjoyed on the Wii, yet are in sparse amount on the system. The reason I like the PS3 is because it has a broad range of games, a good amount with actually good graphics. Razz

Goober09

Male
Spore Name : Goober09

http://intergalactic-forum.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:31 am

I agree. I purchased the DS when it came out and barely play on it. I dont really plan to get 3DS either because I just don't know if It'll be obsolete in a year. I dont have a PS3 although im looking at getting a PSP or PSP2 because of the wider range of game types.

Never played the Zelda game, but MHT is my fave on the wii. Im dissapointed that there arent more games in that genre, I think thats where they went wrong with the wii system.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:02 am

I found some recapitulatory information on IGN:
New details have surfaced from yesterday's reports that Nintendo is set to unveil its newest console, codenamed "Project Cafe."

According to our sources, the new Nintendo controller will feature dual analog sticks in addition to standard d-pad and trigger buttons. It'll mirror a Gamecube controller in general function but not in specific form.

French website 01.net has published additional details (via Develop), that say the touch capable screen on the controller is 6 inches in size, but we were unable to confirm the accuracy of the report. Additional details about the console's hardware specs could also not be confirmed.

Players will actually be able to stream game content to the controller screen from the console. It's unclear at this time what type of content it will be, whether it's full games you can take with you on the go, mini-games or applications.

At E3 in June, our sources also said Nintendo will show first and third party titles at the event, but it's unsure if they'll be playable or only in video form.

Update: Sources now confirm to IGN the new Nintendo controller allows players to stream entire games to the device from the console, saying it's like a miniature television. The screen size on the controller is also confirmed to be six inches in size.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1162045p1.html

There's also an A&Q which should answer the most pressing questions at this time:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1163116p1.html

Here's what the controller may look like:

NEWS: Rumor has it: New Nintendo Console Debuting at E3 This June - Update: May Come Out in November 2011 Already - Page 2 Ign-nintendo-mailbag-042011-x2013-the-wii-2-edition-20110420065650649
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:12 am

It reminds me of the old N64 Controller.
Except, you know, it has the big screen in the middle.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:16 am

How...weird.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:18 am

Wait, if the screen is 6 inches across, and if that picture is right, that controller would be huge. o__O
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 pm

The word is out. Update your sources.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2