EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Hungry 6 year old, takes parents car to get food.

4 posters

Go down

NEWS: Hungry 6 year old, takes parents car to get food. Empty NEWS: Hungry 6 year old, takes parents car to get food.

Post by LordRemington Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:39 am

KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — Oregon State Police say a 6-year-old told authorities after he crashed his mother's minivan that he had left his home hungry and wanted to go buy food.

State troopers say the van the boy was driving crashed into several mailboxes in the Klamath Falls area on Sunday, and then swerved into an opposite lane before hitting a Dodge pickup.

The boy, who was alone in the van, did not suffer any injuries. He told authorities he had taken a roll of pennies from his family's apartment to get some food.

Troopers say the woman driving the pickup received minor injuries.

The boy's name has not been released. State police and the Department of Human Services were continuing to investigate the crash.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4429957

I've seen more than a couple stories like this.... all I can say is.... where are the parents? Literally.

Firstly, why would you leave keys in a place where your six year old could get to them? Okay I understand occasionally forgetting them on the table or something, but try a keyhook or putting them somewhere a curious kid can't reach.

But secondly and much more importantly..... How do you not notice, your 6 year kid walking out of the house and taking the car?

I guess I don't know the circumstances, but I just don't know how you wouldn't notice that.

I have to give props to the kid though. He managed to turn on the car, put it into drive and probably took of tha handbrake. More than I knew about driving when I was 6.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Hungry 6 year old, takes parents car to get food. Empty Re: NEWS: Hungry 6 year old, takes parents car to get food.

Post by Arkanay Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:10 am

You've written everything I wanted to write, Remi.

I can understand there can be one distraction or two once in a while, but how this actually happens is beyond me. scratch
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Hungry 6 year old, takes parents car to get food. Empty Re: NEWS: Hungry 6 year old, takes parents car to get food.

Post by Descardion Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:38 am

He will survive the zombie apocalypse.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:52 am

Arkanay wrote:You've written everything I wanted to write, Remi.

I can understand there can be one distraction or two once in a while, but how this actually happens is beyond me. scratch

The parents were probably on facebook playing farmville. Smile

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down