EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Hungry? Why not buy a 338 pound burger?

3 posters

Go down

NEWS: Hungry? Why not buy a 338 pound burger? Empty NEWS: Hungry? Why not buy a 338 pound burger?

Post by LordRemington Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:49 pm

A U.S. restaurant famous for cooking up giant hamburgers has outdone itself.

The Detroit News reports that Mallie's Sports Grill & Bar made a 338-pound (153-kilogram) "Absolutely Ridiculous Burger" on Thursday. A crowd gathered to salivate over the unveiling of the $2,000 menu item.

The sandwich packs 540,000 calories and takes 22 hours to cook. Manager Jason Jones says the burger, which has 15 pounds of lettuce, 30 pounds of bacon, 30 pounds of tomatoes and 36 pounds of cheese, comes with fries and a drink.

Over the years, Mallie's has drawn attention for cooking up monstrous burgers. It out-burgered past feats of 186 pounds in 2009 and 319 pounds this past January.

There was no word on how this one tasted.

NEWS: Hungry? Why not buy a 338 pound burger? 111021-burger2-hmed-1p.photoblog500

This story made me wonder what would be more cost effective. Buying 338 pounds worth of quarter pounder burgers at Burger King or buying this. As its in pounds and I don't know how much a quarter pounder costs in America, I couldn't hazard a guess.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Hungry? Why not buy a 338 pound burger? Empty Re: NEWS: Hungry? Why not buy a 338 pound burger?

Post by Vektrix Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:27 am

What a complete and utter waste of food, it looks like a rock, I suspect that it is about as edible my Laptop is, and tastes ten times worse.

There are people4 starving in Africa and the Americans decide to waste 338lbs of meat.

Remi, Remi, Remi, as it is pounds you don't know many quarter pounders it would make? Clue is in the question my friend Wink 338 X 4 = 1,352 Quarter Pounders.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Hungry? Why not buy a 338 pound burger? Empty Re: NEWS: Hungry? Why not buy a 338 pound burger?

Post by Andeavor Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:42 am

When it comes to food, the bigger is not the better, in fact the more mass a meal has the less taste it carries. The same applies for meals with too many spices.

I agree, in a world where a portion of our oldest continent is suffering from drought and starvation, having a handful of people waste food on a burger nobody will ever eat or finish is quite sad.

It reminds me of when I went to LA and watched in horror how waiters carried several plates with plenty of unbeaten food back into the kitchen...
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:52 am

I get really! REALLY! REALLY! REALLY! annoyed with waste. I have some friends who NEVER finish their meals. On more than one occasion I have told them off for it.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:57 am

^ I get cross with people about that, too. I'm pretty much the only one in my family who eats leftovers.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 am

Oh, I eat leftovers too... Some of my greatest meals have been made from leftovers.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Vektrix wrote:What a complete and utter waste of food, it looks like a rock, I suspect that it is about as edible my Laptop is, and tastes ten times worse.

There are people4 starving in Africa and the Americans decide to waste 338lbs of meat.

Remi, Remi, Remi, as it is pounds you don't know many quarter pounders it would make? Clue is in the question my friend Wink 338 X 4 = 1,352 Quarter Pounders.

no no I didn't mean I like that. I meant off the top of my head, and not knowing how much a quarter pounder cost in america, I wouldn't know whether that many quarter pounders or that burger would be more expensive in America. I didn't mean it as in I don't know how many quarter pounders make up a pound Razz Though I'd guess unless a quarter pounder was around $1.50 or under, then it would be more expensive or about the same. Still remimber how cheap things were in america compared to here last time I visited, they might be cheaper.

As for waste, I'd agree. Don't like wasting If I don't finish something I always wrap it up and put it in the fridge.

The two things I've found that always taste better when they have been left-overified is stew and lasagna. both for some reason always taste better the day after.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down