EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: New Assassin's Creed Game Gets a Name *Updated*

+2
LordRemington
Andeavor
6 posters

Go down

NEWS: New Assassin's Creed Game Gets a Name *Updated* Empty NEWS: New Assassin's Creed Game Gets a Name *Updated*

Post by Andeavor Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:56 am

NEWS: New Assassin's Creed Game Gets a Name *Updated* Ac_revelations_1304100525

The next title in the Assassin's Creed series has apparently been leaked early. Forum members of NeoGAF managed to extract information from a Ubisoft Facebook page post, revealing Assassin's Creed Revelations, likely the fourth major title for consoles following last year's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

We don't know anything else about the title at the moment. The May issue of Game Informer will have the full reveal. Ubisoft will likely share more details at its E3 2011 press conference on June 6, too.

CEO Yves Guillemot said in February the next Assassin's Creed title would be revealed this May and that the game will be a full, retail title. Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy was previously announced for 3DS and is slated for release this year.

An Ubisoft spokesperson said the publisher has nothing to confirm at this time.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1165220p1.html

UPDATE:

Today Ubisoft revealed the first details about the fourth game to appear under the Assassin's Creed header. While the new name was outed last week, today we learn the first details about where the game will take us.

In Assassin's Creed Revelations, Ezio Auditore will travel to Constantinople, in the footsteps of Altair, in order to further unravel the mystery between the Templars and the Assassins.

Revelations also brings back the multiplayer experience first introduced in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with "more modes, more maps and more characters" according to the official announcement. In addition, players will be able to "manipulate the construct of Desmond's memories and the Animus to decipher the mysteries of his past and gain insight into the future."

In addition, Revelations has been described as the "final chapter of the Ezio trilogy" and is scheduled for release this November. We'll learn more about the game at E3 next month.

The first image to emerge from the new game also features a new tool simply called the "hook blade" which you can see hanging from Ezio's sleeve.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1166209p1.html

I wouldn't have thought it to be another spin-off, so technically this isn't ACIII... I'm starting to get confused... Unsure

Last edited by Andeavor on Fri May 06, 2011 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

NEWS: New Assassin's Creed Game Gets a Name *Updated* Empty Re: NEWS: New Assassin's Creed Game Gets a Name *Updated*

Post by LordRemington Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:00 pm

Urgh, I still haven't finished the second Assassin's Creed, and haven't even bought Brotherhood.

Wonder what time period the next one will be in.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: New Assassin's Creed Game Gets a Name *Updated* Empty Re: NEWS: New Assassin's Creed Game Gets a Name *Updated*

Post by OneDeadSlime Sun May 01, 2011 4:23 am

OT a bit, but do you guys know if the third one comes with the "permanent internet connection" requirement?
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun May 01, 2011 4:47 am

I sure hope not, they had a big problem with that back when ACII and Settlers 7 came out. Most of Australia and New Zealand as well as many rural places in the world have been known to have internet problems.

On top of that, they already cracked them anyway so no matter how many games they secure like that, someone's bound to crack them, and just for the sake of playing them at all.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun May 01, 2011 6:59 am

Don't you man IV?
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun May 01, 2011 7:12 am

Vektrix wrote:Don't you man IV?
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a spin-off of ACII as it continues Ezio's story line. ACIII will have its own character and time setting.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun May 01, 2011 7:28 am

Then why is there a III on the box? scratch
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 am

I don't know what kind of box you have but the one on mine says clearly Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun May 01, 2011 7:56 am

My neighbour and MST's box has a massive III behind the Assassin's Creed written on the box.

EDIT: Just looked at amazon, and all the pics show no III on th box- perhaps I am imagining I saw it scratch

Last edited by Vektrix on Sun May 01, 2011 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun May 01, 2011 7:58 am

For what platform? scratch
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun May 01, 2011 7:59 am

PS3, but I just edited my previous post.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun May 01, 2011 8:08 am

Believe me, most people make that mistake because Brotherhood is indeed the direct sequel of ACII but it's considered part of II's canon. ACII will feature a new character, a new setting and most probably be the last in the series unless they manage to sneak in another one (for the consoles) before doomsday.

Rumors have it it will feature a female assassin who is directly involved with the French Revolution in the 1790s.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Mon May 02, 2011 1:57 am

Isn't the last one supposed to be Ezio himself killing people in like some big city or something? So that means this probably isn't the last one.

Unless I'm wrong of course.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Omnivex

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Fri May 06, 2011 5:45 am

Turns out, this isn't ACIII but the third full game in the Ezio story arc. I've updated the OP with some more details.

It's set in Istanbul Constantinople.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Sat May 07, 2011 12:27 am

I think each number represents a new character...

But then why didn't they call them.

Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed II
Assassins Creed II: Brotherhood
Assassins Creed II: Revelations
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Omnivex

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun May 08, 2011 1:37 am

Vago wrote:I think each number represents a new character...

But then wouldn't the next one be both 1 and 2? as I hear you will play as both Ezio and Altaire Razz

I'm starting to wonder how long they plan on making the series. If there are three games just in the part two, how many installments will their be when they make in part 3. If there is a part three that is.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun May 08, 2011 1:46 am

Part III will probably be the grand finale. They did say it'll feature a new character and be set in another era. As far as I remember, the Desmond story line is set in October 2012, so the game series has to end sometime before that.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue May 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Things are getting complicated as new details emerge. Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoiler:

Me. Want. Now. Shocked
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue May 10, 2011 7:44 pm

That last paragraph within the spoilers reminds me of
Spoiler:
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down