EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Perfect shaver for only $100'000

+2
Red-Indigo
LordRemington
6 posters

Go down

NEWS: Perfect shaver for only $100'000 Empty NEWS: Perfect shaver for only $100'000

Post by LordRemington Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 pm

The Zafirro Iridium razor has sapphire blades and a handle made primarily from iridium, one of the rarest and strongest metals in existence — and it'll last you for a decade.

But is that enough to make you fork over $100,000?

If it is, then you better hurry up and place an order — because only 99 of these razors are being made.

The limited availability and cost is mainly due to the fact that iridium, the material used to craft the tool's handle, is extremely rare — ten times more rare than platinum, according to Zafirro. It is a material which is primarily used in "the aerospace industry for components such as rocket engines where durability is critical," the company boasts.

Of course, the iridium handle isn't the only thing contributing to this particular tool's limited availability and cost. Its solid white sapphire blades — while extremely sharp, hypoallergenic, and just about impervious to oxidation and corrosion — certainly don't help keep the price reasonable.

But who cares about the price tag when you can have be part of a small group of Zafirro Iridium razor-wielding individuals, right?

If that distinction isn't enough to make you reach for your wallet, then just remember that it will supposedly last you for a decade. During that time Zafirro will provide free servicing, professional cleaning, and resharpening if necessary.

NEWS: Perfect shaver for only $100'000 110621_razor.grid-6x2

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43482990/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/

Hmmm well even doing the maths, even buying disposable razors over a 10 year time frame, you'd still save something like $99'500 simply buying disposable razors over 10 years.

Sure it would be cool to have and to be able to say you have a razor with sapphire blades but eh... don't think i'll be adding this to my shopping list.

I suppose the one good thing about buying something like this is if you get robbed its very unlikely a robber would think to steal a razor Razz
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Perfect shaver for only $100'000 Empty Re: NEWS: Perfect shaver for only $100'000

Post by Red-Indigo Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:09 am

Haha, unless that robber knew what they were looking for...

I find it a bit odd that they have to make a razor like this... I could think of other things that this could be put to use for. Still, an interesting piece of equipment.

After the decade has passed you could sell it for its scrap worth I suppose.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Perfect shaver for only $100'000 Empty Re: NEWS: Perfect shaver for only $100'000

Post by Andeavor Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 am

You know the super rich are bored with their mansions and big toys when they turn everyday household objects into an investment piece.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:47 am

Looks stylish, but I think I'll pass. Razz

I don't use a regular razor to shave. I use a shaver of this style: NEWS: Perfect shaver for only $100'000 Hq9100_16_rtv_
It's good, because you can just plug it in and it's good to go. No need to apply foam or replace razors and it's able to cut quite well. Smile
It also has a razor in the back that pops out and is used when the facial hair is not so short. ^^
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:52 am

Yeah, me too. I suppose it does spend energy but no replacement and foams needed.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:31 am

Wonder how long until people start making cheap plastic imitations and start ripping people off? Razz

Also, I thought iridium was only found naturally on asteroids. How could you get enough to make a bunch of razors, let alone rocket components as stated in the article?
Jeff
Jeff
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Jeffrey94

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:13 am

Jeff wrote:Wonder how long until people start making cheap plastic imitations and start ripping people off? Razz

Also, I thought iridium was only found naturally on asteroids. How could you get enough to make a bunch of razors, let alone rocket components as stated in the article?

Even if they made rip-offs of it. To even make one that slightly imitates this razor, it would be a very high quality razor anyway Razz

And nar. Iridium is very rare, but it does occur naturally in the planet's crust. Its just very very rare.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down