EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Ball Z or Naruto Fans? Well Come Here To Talk About Them!

+4
LordRemington
Lord_Lonestar
bmpalmann
Dynasty2011
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dragon Ball Z or Naruto Fans? Well Come Here To Talk About Them! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Ball Z or Naruto Fans? Well Come Here To Talk About Them!

Post by LordRemington Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:23 pm

MjrGlory wrote:Well, I watched most of the dragonball series. (only not the last one I think) I liked it as a kid, but looking back I must conclude it's actually quite bad tbh.

Sad but...but... I still like DBZ Crying or Very sad
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Z or Naruto Fans? Well Come Here To Talk About Them! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Ball Z or Naruto Fans? Well Come Here To Talk About Them!

Post by Dynasty2011 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:27 pm

LordRemington wrote:
MjrGlory wrote:Well, I watched most of the dragonball series. (only not the last one I think) I liked it as a kid, but looking back I must conclude it's actually quite bad tbh.

lol,don't worry i like it,im on ep 73 and u?
Dynasty2011
Dynasty2011

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:47 pm

LordRemington wrote:

Hard Work What I meant was that in the long run the entire series is more of the same. When they start at power level 5000 they charge up with enormous power, make huge blasts and are to fast for the eye to see. When they are at power level 1.000.000 is pretty much the same story still. Also I noticed that later in the series they more often use the same action footage of certain moves multiple times in a fight Intriguing
Anyway, I was really addicted to it at the start with the action and all and cool bad guys like vegeta and frieza, but when it came to a big pink blob that transformed people into cookies I was like: 'wtf why am I still watching this?"Razz

However there are still quite a few things I like about the series: the style of the outfits (the sayan combat outfit and that one of piccolo) , some of the creature designs (final form of frieza is really cool), the whole supersayan concepts and the little planet of king kai ^^
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : MjrGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Dynasty2011 wrote:

lol,don't worry i like it,im on ep 73 and u?

Own all the dvds and watched the entire series about 6 times Razz Haven't marathon watched it in a while, but I might when I get my uni break.

MjrGlory wrote:

Hard Work What I meant was that in the long run the entire series is more of the same. When they start at power level 5000 they charge up with enormous power, make huge blasts and are to fast for the eye to see. When they are at power level 1.000.000 is pretty much the same story still. Also I noticed that later in the series they more often use the same action footage of certain moves multiple times in a fight Intriguing
Anyway, I was really addicted to it at the start with the action and all and cool bad guys like vegeta and frieza, but when it came to a big pink blob that transformed people into cookies I was like: 'wtf why am I still watching this?"Razz

However there are still quite a few things I like about the series: the style of the outfits (the sayan combat outfit and that one of piccolo) , some of the creature designs (final form of frieza is really cool), the whole supersayan concepts and the little planet of king kai ^^

lol true. I will say the power levels thing did have giant inconsistencies throughout the series. And yeah the do re-use the same clips of fight sequences alot in fights.

Alot of people I know didn't like the Buu saga either, but I personally rather liked it. Sure Buu in his big fat dopey form was rather annoying frankly. But overall wasn't that bad. But I'm probably a bad judge of quality as I'm really easy to please when it comes to tv viewing. Razz

The style is awesome, but I do understand it has a very repetitive nature.

Probably the only part of the series though that made me cringe was the sayaman episode. I get they wanted Gohan to look like a goofy, awkward superhero and were using it just as an in-between sagas, but those episodes are just painfully awkward to watch.

Last edited by LordRemington on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:10 pm

I agree with you on that last one. I don't get why they had to turn a good concept into a superhero series. (with quite a bad outfit I might add....but I think at least that one was intentional)
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : MjrGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Indeed not sure what they were trying to go for with it. It was an attempt at forcing humour, but it just came across as awkward.

And yes, the outfit was incredibly lame Razz
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2