EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News: GTA 5 returns to San Andreas

5 posters

Go down

News: GTA 5 returns to San Andreas Empty News: GTA 5 returns to San Andreas

Post by Andeavor Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:18 am

The major reveal is that Grand Theft Auto 5 is taking place in Los Santos, Rockstar’s own version of Los Angeles. You can see the confirmation of this right at the end of the trailer with the Vinewood sign replacing the famous Hollywood sign. Los Santos has of course been used before in GTA lore in San Andreas and is the biggest city in that state. The word ‘Los Santos’ actually translates as ‘The Saints’ and is a play on words with Los Angeles, which means ‘The Angels’.
Full article and screenshots here:

http://whatculture.com/gaming/grand-theft-auto-5-is-set-in-los-santos.php
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

News: GTA 5 returns to San Andreas Empty Re: News: GTA 5 returns to San Andreas

Post by Vektrix Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:12 am

San Andreas is an amazing game, and an amazing world, I hope it is more than just Los Santos, but the whole of San Andreas. I did say on twitter that if they missed out a single place use in GTAIII, IV, Vice City and San Andreas I would be furious, though.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:18 am

I think it will cover the whole of San Andreas, considering that that every subsequent game is bigger and richer in detail than the previous one. Although, I have yet to play both SA and GTA4.

I have to be honest, when I watched it I first thought it was a trailer for some movie... When I realized it was game footage, I nearly fell off my chair. (I watched it from a source that didn't clarify it to be the trailer for GTA5)
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:44 pm

Andeavor wrote:I think it will cover the whole of San Andreas, considering that that every subsequent game is bigger and richer in detail than the previous one. Although, I have yet to play both SA and GTA4.

Erm well not really. I think one of the gripes that many had with GTA4 which I also found a tad frustrating as well is that, in GTA 4 you were restricted to new york city liberty city, while in San Andreas you had a massive state sized area to have fun in. While GTA4 was by no means a small area, it is no where near as big as San Andreas (also doesn't have the diversity of areas that San Andreas had).

I'm very excited for this though. And I really hope they do make all of san andreas explorable. Also I hope they go back to the light hearted style that GTA was originally all about. That was another problem people had with GTA4. The game took itself too seriously and the storyline was just too serious. San andreas while it had serious elements was really just a ridiculous story, which is what made it great.

I hope they go back to that style.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:10 am

The one thing I didn't like about San Andreas was the size of the map. Granted it was fun to drive around the rural areas but when you were on a mission, it took damn long to get around and got super annoying when you failed the mission and had to retry.

Also, I found the game cartoonish at how over the top it was. GTAIV by comparison came back down to Earth.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:47 am

It seems it's gonna be set in Los Santos. I hope it does cover the whole of San Andreas though; almost all I do is mess about in GTA games Razz

And I hope there are cheats as well. Maybe a new system than the phone in GTA IV, though I did like that way of cheating.

EDIT: And I hope you can steal planes. That would be so awesome!
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:17 am

world_piece wrote:The one thing I didn't like about San Andreas was the size of the map. Granted it was fun to drive around the rural areas but when you were on a mission, it took damn long to get around and got super annoying when you failed the mission and had to retry.

Also, I found the game cartoonish at how over the top it was. GTAIV by comparison came back down to Earth.

I will give you that. I can remember a few missions that were an absolute pain if you failed than and had to start again. I just didn't feel GTA4 was as expansive as the San Andreas.

I agree that San andreas I some respects was cartoonish, but I think thats part of what made the game popular. GTA wasn't really a serious game. Vice city and even GTA3 were silly (though San Andreas did take it up a notch). GTA4 while it did have a very good storyline and was overall a very good game, just felt alittle like it had something missing.

Thats partially the reason some people attribute Saint's Rows's recent success as it filled the silliness that GTA4 had somewhat neglected.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down