EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Homeless man returns $1440 he found on the street

+3
Andeavor
Arkanay
LordRemington
7 posters

Go down

NEWS: Homeless man returns $1440 he found on the street Empty NEWS: Homeless man returns $1440 he found on the street

Post by LordRemington Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:09 am

A PENNSYLVANIA homeless man cast aside thoughts of his own economic troubles and returned nearly $US1500 ($1419) that he found on the street, KYW-TV reported today.

John Kavanaugh discovered the money after he stepped on an envelope containing $1440 on a street in West Chester, Pennsylvania, and turned it into the local police department.

The envelope had slipped out of a hole in a jacket pocket of attorney Robert Stauffer, who had intended to use the money for a business transaction.

On Thursday, Mr Stauffer presented Mr Kavanaugh with an undisclosed sum of money as a reward for returning the cash.

"Stereotypes are nonsense and you can't judge anybody by how they look or the color of their skin or their religion. You gotta give everybody a chance. If you give them a chance, you would be surprised at what you find out," Mr Stauffer said, according to KYW-TV.

The attorney said he and his law firm will make a donation to the food pantry where Mr Kavanaugh eats. He also said he would check in on Mr Kavanaugh in the future.

Its stories like this that give me hope that there is still good in this world. For a homeless person who has absolutely nothing, to do something so selfless as to return a large amount of money like that is heart warming.

This man deserves to be taken in a given a chance at getting back on his feet.

If you were in the homeless person's position, do you think you would return the money like him, or use it yourself?

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Homeless man returns $1440 he found on the street Empty Re: NEWS: Homeless man returns $1440 he found on the street

Post by Arkanay Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:13 am

This made me smile. NEWS: Homeless man returns $1440 he found on the street Ratings+2

Well, if I saw someone losing the money, I would return it to that person. If I merely found the money lying there, I would keep it.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Homeless man returns $1440 he found on the street Empty Re: NEWS: Homeless man returns $1440 he found on the street

Post by Andeavor Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:45 am

I know this kind of person.

One time, while I was swiftly walking down the street, a 20-dollar bill managed to escape from my coat pocket. Not a moment later, a young man walking behind me ran up to return the money.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:03 pm

This stuff happens to me a lot of the time, since I always lose at least one dollar at the mall Laughing Good to see there's good people in the world Smile
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:02 pm

That homeless man deserves a lot of praise for doing something like that. You'd think a homeless person would snatch that money right up. Not all people are bad Smile
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:19 pm

I'd probably hand the money in.

Glad to see people can keep the hope of the human race alive.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:46 pm

What an incredibly selfless man. He returned a $1440, and got something in return.

I wish there were more people like this.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 pm

$1440 is a truly respectful ammount to lose and the kind of ammount that would make people double-ask, double-search and possibly check in with the police.
Although in my first post I said I would keep it if I didn´t see who lost it, I now feel it would be heavy in my conscience. Turning it in to the police seems like the best option when it is that sum of cash.

Although it´s a similar action and feel, it´s different with smaller ammounts. I once found 20 euros in my Highschool corridor. Nobody around was searching for it so I kept them to myself.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Truthfully I don't know how I would react if I was homeless. Easy to say when I have a roof over my head and a meal each night that I would return the money, but if I was living on the streets and rarely had a proper meal, who knows..

Same here Ark. I've found a $20 before and kept it, but really what else can you do? You can't go around asking if people lost a $20, because someone who just wants the $20 is bound to say yes and take it, which is also why it would be pointless to take it to the lost and found.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down