EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PC problem.

5 posters

Go down

A PC problem. Empty A PC problem.

Post by Tyranidking Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:57 am

okee, learned member of the forum, I need help wth a rather irritating problem.

Problems include:
When the fan is smothered, computer quickly overheats. When playing a game like SPORE, it overheats to such a point it forces a shutdown. An error message of some sort appears but the computer shuts down too fast for it to be read. As a result, no games are playable unless I hoist the damn thing in the air where it can safely cool down.

Possible reasons I've considered:

The fan is too weak. It was designed at the bottom of the laptop, where it gets smothered and as a result, the thing overheats. Games cannot be played because said fan has weakened. If it is this problem, than good news, because my fan can be replaced with a more potent system.

The Graphics card has too much stress put on it. Maybe SPORE is too advanced, I know not. That would not explain, however, that I've only just started suffering the cut outs. Note that if this is the case, my laptop is buggered because as the graphics card is an inbuilt one, it cannot be replaced, as far as I know. Feel free to correct me on the matter if you know a way.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

A PC problem. Empty Re: A PC problem.

Post by ProbablynotHax Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:21 am

Can you give me the specs for your computer? You can find the model easily, just google it and your manufacturer should give you all the information you need. Your best bet at the moment would be to lower the detail settings on your spore game.

On another note, fans breakdown all the time, and lose their ability to cool. You might as well want to replace it anyway, it's always nice to have a good fan, especially when over-clocking on your laptop. Another concern might be the filtration system of your laptop. It gets clogged with time.

That's all I can really give with the information provided. Also, what error screen are you getting? do you have a Mac? what is your video card model? I have to go for a few hours, try to give me that while I'm away. I apologize for the pseudo answers, but it's all I can give for now.
ProbablynotHax
ProbablynotHax
Regular
Regular

Male
Location : *Generic pseudo-intellectual, melancholy phrase I found on another forum*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet-Scar Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:47 am

Try to change to actual versions Smile
Ehm...
A freind of mine uses a room-fan to blow on his laptop on hot summer days because his laptop overheats then Very Happy
Kismet-Scar
Kismet-Scar
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:45 pm

MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 pm

ProbablynotHax wrote:Can you give me the specs for your computer? You can find the model easily, just google it and your manufacturer should give you all the information you need. Your best bet at the moment would be to lower the detail settings on your spore game.

On another note, fans breakdown all the time, and lose their ability to cool. You might as well want to replace it anyway, it's always nice to have a good fan, especially when over-clocking on your laptop. Another concern might be the filtration system of your laptop. It gets clogged with time.

That's all I can really give with the information provided. Also, what error screen are you getting? do you have a Mac? what is your video card model? I have to go for a few hours, try to give me that while I'm away. I apologize for the pseudo answers, but it's all I can give for now.

Medion Akoya E5211 15.4in Laptop V1.
Intel Celeron Dual Core T3000. 1.8GHz processor speed. 1MB cache. 2GB DDR2 RAM. 15.4in screen size. Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels. 16:10 Widescreen. 320GB SATA hard drive. Multi format dual layer DVD RW optical drive. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 based on PCI Express technology Shared maximum 358MB graphics memory. 4 x USB ports. 1 x Fast Ethernet LAN 10/100 Mbit/s. High definition audio with 2 integrated loudspeaker. Wireless 801.11 B/G/N. Microsoft Windows Vista Basic including Service Pack 1 and Playback Pack installed. Software included: Nero Burning ROM 8 Essentials incl. Nero Recode 3 SE, BullGuard Internet Security Package (Trial Edition). Up to 2.5hours battery life. Size (H)3.1- 4.4 (W) 35.5, (D)25.5cm. Weight 2.6kg.

Error Screen: Don't quote me on this, because the screen disappears too fast for me to actually read, but I believe it speaks of a runtime error.
Nope, 'tis not a mac.
I think the graphics card is that in-built Intel Graphics Media Accelerator thingy. See above for the thing.

Hope this all helps you. I just pasted down the specs because I don't know what you would need ^^'
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ProbablynotHax Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:27 am

Well, a run-time error is normally when the script on a web-page stops working, and you are forced to quit out. A proper error screen shouldn't automatically exit out of itself, that's strange. So, I don't think it's a run-time error, but if you do happen to get another look at it, please tell me the specifics.

You have a nice model lap-top. I'm not sure I'm as much a fan of the software, but your fan should be nice. You have good RAM, your processor speed isn't bad at all, and I also like your screen display. Depending on how long you run it regularly, and how old it is, you may require maintenence like this. If it's overheating, you might get a BSOD, as those can come about from a number of reasons; one being overheated hardware. The battery life is decent, which is another thing you might want to look out for. A buddy of mine had an old Mac OS X, the battery would over-heat to hell, causing all sorts of malfunctions. It's not anyone's fault, it's just the naturaly course of a battery, I digress. A faulty battery would probably be your best bet at this point, it shouldn't be too expensive to replace. If you are wrong, just replace the fan as well. Both of those solutions don't work? I would do a full computer scan for any viruses, worms, etc. Though, you might want to do that anyway.
ProbablynotHax
ProbablynotHax
Regular
Regular

Male
Location : *Generic pseudo-intellectual, melancholy phrase I found on another forum*

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:15 am

Kismet-Scar wrote:A freind of mine uses a room-fan to blow on his laptop on hot summer days because his laptop overheats then Very Happy
I sometimes do that with my desktop computer, too. And it really helps.

MarkyDMan wrote:Here is a relatively cheap product that could solve this: Dual Fan Laptop Cooler
Excellent idea.

Laptops should always be placed on flat, bright surfaces. It also helps putting the overheating laptop on two flat blocks to allow for better circulation underneath.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:29 am

Okee, thanks for the tips ^^ I'll be sure to find out about the battry and fan, and I'll get another fan for said purpose of cooling down.

Thanks for the assistance there also, andy.

Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down