EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are people bored of my creations now?

+7
MilkAndCookies
Tyranidking
Arkanay
MarkyDMan
SuperLoki
Forti4
Xaesheir
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are people bored of my creations now? Empty Are people bored of my creations now?

Post by Xaesheir Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:42 pm

It just seems to me that no matter how much variety and detail I put into my creations, it's rare nowadays that I can get anything higher than a blue face. Rate decay hits before any of my work can be properly noticed. Out of my 450 subs, only one or two bother to comment.
I advertise my work everywhere, I uprate and comment on quite a few people's work nowadays (more so than I used to before) and i've seen complete sh*t on the MPN which managed to get 10x the amount of ratings in about 3 hours than what something of mine would get in two days.

I don't understand though. Although I am better now, I used to be able to churn out a creature in about an hour, barely advertise it and it would hit the first page of the MPN no problem usually. Now im working my ass off to make original and detailed content and spending more time advertising and commenting on other people's stuff and yet I probably get about 5 comments per creation tops and barely a blue face if im lucky.

13 comments between these 3 (what I am getting now) 2 Blue faces (one is a vote away from turning back to yellow) and one Yellow face.
Are people bored of my creations now? 500652034214_lrgAre people bored of my creations now? 500650571085_lrgAre people bored of my creations now? 500649437237_lrg

36 comments on ONE of my older ones and one huge green face.
Are people bored of my creations now? 500563567028_lrg

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on? Sad
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Are people bored of my creations now? Empty Re: Are people bored of my creations now?

Post by Forti4 Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Try something new!
Forti4
Forti4

Male
Spore Name : Forti4

Back to top Go down

Are people bored of my creations now? Empty Re: Are people bored of my creations now?

Post by SuperLoki Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:45 pm

First of all, I've said it before when I was a crappy newbie and I'll say it again, you're disgustingly underrated. You have amazing talent and are able to detail creations without making it look cluttered and ugly.

Sadly, the MPN is horribly corrupt and your best chance of getting on first page is by making either some crappy whiney creation of you getting downrated or demanding stuff from Maxis, or by making some stupid rainbow assymetric Dragon. That's the way it is now, sadly.

All I can say is, don't take it personally, and forget about the MPN. It is utterly and completely ruined, thanks to the horrible new generation of "creators"
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:45 pm

I have the same problem, although for me NONE of my 46 subs comment, it's always just random people. I get 1-2 a month nowadays, if that. I have had 3 comments in 6 weeks Sad I know how ya feel. Just create for the sake of it! If you keep doing what you are doing now, you'll get sooooo good at it you will get more popularity!
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Although your creations are definatly good, Doomsoul, I believe some of your most recent ones are over-cluttered. Too many parts, I can't really tell what is what.

Don't doubt your skills, you are very good in the creature creator.
Maybe people are just getting tired of that style now? Maybe people are more devoted into DarkSpore?
Can't really tell.

You usually catch a few comments when you drop by EuroSpore. So continue advertising here. Don't forget to check other's stuff if you want them to check yours too.

Just keep on creating and having fun.

You can also try Forti's suggestion and do something different.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:55 pm

And I can explain why I don't comment much when I'm subscribed to you.

I barely visit spore anymore, comments from me will be few and far between Razz
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Ditto. I've actually been paying less and less attention to Spore lately. I started creating this morning - motivation and inspiration was at minimum Surprised
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 pm

People. In.Spore. Have.No.Taste. Lately.

Poop is flooding the MPN and nobody cares about that. This MPN is a lie.
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Forti4 wrote:Try something new!

Tried, anythign new I try gets completely ignored Neutral (Unless it's a mech).

SuperLoki wrote:First of all, I've said it before when I was a crappy newbie and I'll say it again, you're disgustingly underrated. You have amazing talent and are able to detail creations without making it look cluttered and ugly.

Sadly, the MPN is horribly corrupt and your best chance of getting on first page is by making either some crappy whiney creation of you getting downrated or demanding stuff from Maxis, or by making some stupid rainbow assymetric Dragon. That's the way it is now, sadly.

All I can say is, don't take it personally, and forget about the MPN. It is utterly and completely ruined, thanks to the horrible new generation of "creators"

I'll try not to take it personally, but Im fed up of seeing the whiny creations getting over 100 rates and all the people commenting like 'DIS STUIFDDONH LOLOLOL'. I am grateful for the comments I do get here and what I get over the EAUK forum, but that's a far as praise will come for me nowadays.

MarkyDMan wrote:I have the same problem, although for me NONE of my 46 subs comment, it's always just random people. I get 1-2 a month nowadays, if that. I have had 3 comments in 6 weeks Sad I know how ya feel. Just create for the sake of it! If you keep doing what you are doing now, you'll get sooooo good at it you will get more popularity!

I feel your pain man. Once upon a time when I was on the EAUK forums, I was pretty much in the same situation (but that was when SPORE was good sadly).

Arkanay wrote:Although your creations are definatly good, Doomsoul, I believe some of your most recent ones are over-cluttered. Too many parts, I can't really tell what is what.

Don't doubt your skills, you are very good in the creature creator.
Maybe people are just getting tired of that style now? Maybe people are more devoted into DarkSpore?
Can't really tell.

You usually catch a few comments when you drop by EuroSpore. So continue advertising here. Don't forget to check other's stuff if you want them to check yours too.

Just keep on creating and having fun.

You can also try Forti's suggestion and do something different.

Well I like the detailed look, it makes it look like it isn't typically made in SPORE and it's probably the only style which people can identify me as being good at. Also, I don't see the hype in the community regarding Darkspore at the moment. It would be a good thing to see somethinglike that more frequently ont he MPN though (well creations which ain't whining about it that is).
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Just make sure you create what you want to create and have a good time.

Keep showing them in EuroSpore, if you want people to have a look at them.
Although you're not getting as much comments as you want, there are more people seeing them than you'd probably think.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forti4 Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:03 pm

[quote="xDoomsoulx"]
Forti4 wrote:Try something new!

Tried, anythign new I try gets completely ignored Neutral (Unless it's a mech).

Create a whole fleet of spaceships!
Forti4
Forti4

Male
Spore Name : Forti4

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:04 pm

I'm always looking at any creation that passes by the show off threads. Whether I comment or not is down to the time I have, or my mood. When I'm grumpy I tend to avoid commenting because I know I'll say something wrong ^^'
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:04 pm

I understand. Believe me, we're all fed up to. No matter which chat I go on, if someone mentions the sporepedia, people will either say how it's messed up, or find a bad creation and whine about it.

It's terrible, but there's nothing we can do about it. The new community seriously. does. suck. badly. and I'd be damned if anyone from there came to this forum to pollute and ruin this place, too.

Just try to feel comfortable here, and try to have fun. You might not get great comments or ratings (neither do I, my latests are only on blue!) but you know you have the full support of Eurospore to adore your designs.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:10 pm

I think if you keep doing the same thing over and over, people get bored. I notice that when I do a series. Maybe one of the buildings or props gets some attention but I really seem to make an impact if I make something completely random.

I made the Flintstones' car yesterday on the fly and it's now on #4 MPN.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:10 pm

I can only HOPE that the new DarkSpore community won´t be messed up like this new one. Seriously, back then when I was creating on my other account, new faces always appeared there.
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Your creations are awesome doom, no one can doubt that. Like the others said, n00bs now mostly control the mpn, making it rather pointless. I tend to agree with Andeavor though, try something completely different. Your excellent and creepy, knight looking creations, so make something different, a colourful crazy creature perhaps? Its what I do when I become too complacent. I'm like you with making mostly humanoids, but when I see that i've made too many in a row, i make something that I'd never normally make. Not suprisingly its the odd experimental things that I make that tend to do the best.

Also a sure fire winner is trying to recreate something recognisable. Maybe a character from a movie or game. I know you mentioned somewhere that people kept saying your featured creation looked alot like nightmare..... so why not actually make nightmare..... just a thought
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by B1ack_Blob Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:48 am

The biggest thing you can do for yourself is keep your creations creative. Never let yourself get locked in the same style, because eventually people do get bored of it. Also, when I look at your creations I see a creature with a crap ton of details thrown everywhere. I mean decorative parts are cool and all, but I usually ask myself if theres a reason i'm putting something down and try to work towards a specific shape. Theres a lot of creators that try to stack as many horrorlumps on a creation as possible. Also your creatures, at least the one you show here, seem a little static. People like creations that have some sort of stance or pose or just have good flow.

Mix things up a bit and I'm sure you'll get the recognition you want.
B1ack_Blob
B1ack_Blob

Male
Spore Name : B1ack_Blob

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:56 am

I think like BB said you need to try and make some of them look more dynamic give them some great poses.
Also you might be sending out comments to the 'wrong' people ie people who don't respond.
Although sometimes it's just really bad luck and is frustrating, i have 750 subs and when i release an adventure how many plays does it get?
8 over a period of four days... Rolling Eyes
Maybe you could also do some more vibrant creations? Make them stand out a little more from the wish wash of the MPN
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:58 am

bmpalmann wrote: I have 750 subs and when i release an adventure how many plays does it get?

And I was one of them! Cheers
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:00 am

Well, thanks for the advice guys and gals. Just trying out a couple of things at the moment, including a little play around in the building editor... producing this quickly:
Are people bored of my creations now? 500652507882_lrg
Sporepedia

I'm gonna also try out a freedom creation version of my latest humanoid and try and give it more variety Smile
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:02 am

Good to see something different, Doom.

That´s a very cool castle. Looks like the Disney one.
Nice job.

Be careful when coloring creations white. Sometimes it might almost seem like those who were not colored at all.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:05 am

Arkanay wrote:
Be careful when coloring creations white. Sometimes it might almost seem like those who were not colored at all.

Good point. I should of given it a slightly 'tinted, aging colour' instead to be honest Razz
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:12 am

Arkanay wrote:
bmpalmann wrote: I have 750 subs and when i release an adventure how many plays does it get?

And I was one of them! Cheers

Yeah i know, and thanks for that Smile

Doom that castle looks pretty awesome to me, and i've not even seen it in editor!
I'd check Icedmask's ruins for some good textures for that.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:54 am

Finished a freedom version of my previous humanoid. Tried to use different parts as well just to test stuff out.

Are people bored of my creations now? Xasharrichida
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:55 am

Still has the *xDoomsoulx* feel to it, but either way, it looks brilliant.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next