EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

+62
Issenkraal
Walker Laocyan
95razor73
WoityuizE
Lord_Lonestar
Red-Indigo
Greyskull
Mudo
Billith
flux
Lumorei
Drew980
MilkAndCookies
Kevin92
MarkyDMan
War
UltimateZob
Dormin
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
stgermaine
world_piece
Iridescence
Illusionary
demonic790
jellyman12
Vereor
Gen
Shiny_Glass
Aieru
Copperlou
Descardion
Shadow
sjhorm
PlasmaManiac
B1ack_Blob
kyle_r93
Aletrius
Trick
ArticShock
Hutch
Shardna
Sakiara
cwar
Vektrix
Zellex
ArsDraconis
SSJ3_Raditz
Blaze
Zaroas
TrickatelFailsAtPasswords
bmpalmann
Icedmask
MetalStarTech
Forti4
TyrannoFan
SuperLoki
Andeavor
LordRemington
geekus_sapiens
LoD
Arkanay
66 posters

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 13 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Arkanay Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:50 am

I have just arrived home from the cinema. Went to watch the new Harry Potter.

Review: If you are into Harry Potter, this movie is definitely a must. Although there are some parts different from the book (I have not read this book, but my girlfriend did, so I am aware), it mainly keeps loyal to the story, with cool effects and moments. Personally, it did not touch me as much as the other movies did, but perhaps the reason for that is the fact this is Part 1, so we were kind of left in the middle of important events. Nonetheless, a good movie worth watching if you´re into this type of thing.

There is a tale (The Tale of the Three Brothers) that is shown in the movie under animation effects. It was probably my favourite part.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 13 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Andeavor Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:10 am

Must...go...watch...Deathly...Hallows. Help
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:35 am

I too, going with my GF this weekend probably ^^
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:24 am

Watched Farenheit 9/11 last night.

Much better when you watch it 6 years later. Didn't care for it when I saw it in theatres because it felt like watching a History Channel report or something. With 9 years gone, remembering the twisted sequence of events was good. The travesties that occured shouldn't be forgotten.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by stgermaine Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:41 am

just watched Splice for the first time.

i'd give it 1.5 out of 10 stars, and that is being rather generous. This movie was very bad, to say the least. The script was poor, as the scientists did dumb things that scientists would never do. It was very predictable, as my brother and i were calling out things that were going to happen in 2-3 minutes. The plot was not great, it could have been much better. I thought it would be good, as i think that the previews made it seem like the storyline would include an alien-human hybrid getting on the loose and they have to track it down. Instead, they tried to make it cute. They wanted the viewers to fall in love with the creature, which i most certainly did not. It was creepy, not scary creepy, but gross creepy.

Thumbs down Thumbs Down

Last edited by stgermaine on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
stgermaine
stgermaine
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jellyman12 Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 am

I've heard that movie was terrible.
jellyman12
jellyman12
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : jellyman12

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 am

I finished watching "Play It Forward" in class yesterday.

It was an okay movie, with mostly ups and a few downs. The plot was sorta confusing, but that's only because we watched it over the course of four days.

Spoiler:
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:18 am

I completely agree with you stg. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The ending was extremely bad. I would say 0.5 out of 10 though.

Going to see the new Harry Potter in a few hours.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:26 am

Sakiara wrote:
Going to see the new Harry Potter in a few hours.

Let us know how you liked it. I found it to be a nice movie, but I would like to know your opinion on it.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:08 am

So seen Harry Potter last night. Like Ark said already, it's Part 1, so it's working up to the more action filled part. I thought that some parts were drawn out and others could have been cut. There are some funny parts though. It was an alright movie, it could have been better. I haven't read any of the books either Sad
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cwar Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:10 am

Sakiara wrote:So seen Harry Potter last night. Like Ark said already, it's Part 1, so it's working up to the more action filled part. I thought that some parts were drawn out and others could have been cut. There are some funny parts though. It was an alright movie, it could have been better. I haven't read any of the books either Sad
The books are a lot better.
Although for both, the first ones are the best
cwar
cwar
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Female
Spore Name : cwarloe

http://crypto4k.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:10 am

What did you think of the animation story? That part was quite cool. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:15 am

I don't know, maybe one day when I read the rest of my stack of books, I'll pick up a Harry Potter one.

Ya, the animated story was one of the better parts. Reminded me kind of of The Nightmare Before Christmas. I was going to add which parts were better and which were boring, but I didn't want to spoil it Smile
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:52 am

I watched Grown Ups on Tuesday, it was hilarious! Laughing
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutch Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:06 am

Buddy of mine somehow convinced me to see skyline again.

Well, it's even worse than the first time I saw it. It had almost zero plot, terrible actors. And aside from the special effects, EVERYTHING was terrible. And the only plot twist this movie had was, at best. Predictable.

Last edited by Thestarwarsgeek on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Hutch
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Thestarwarsgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:07 am

I really want to see Megamind, it looks funny
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:44 pm

Cowboys and Aliens.

That actually looks like a very cool movie.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1950390553/

Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:50 pm

It does look good. An odd combo there, but not surprising from Spielberg heh. I like Harrison Ford, he's a good actor. Megan Fox is hot too Razz I'd see it.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Hehe, the title may sound a little weird, but the trailer did look cool and the movie has a cast of actors I like.

I will definitely see it when I get the chance. Thumbs Up
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:51 am

I watched "Gamer" yesterday (the lead actor is leonidas from 300) and it was pretty disappointing. I wouldn't recommend watching it.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:26 am

Saw Saw 3D.

Was cool.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dormin Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:10 am

9 Good movie. Came out 9/9/09...

probably none of you have seen it. The story behind is weird, yet good. Shall I explain? A scientist creates this machine that creates things in it's own image. Then the chancellor takes it away from the scientist, and has it create war machines. The "Fabrication machine" then goes corrupt and has the war machines wipe out all of humanity. But when the war against the machines is going on, the scientist creates these 9 "stitch punks", and puts a part of his soul into each one. Then he dies after creating 9 and such. The stitch punks awaken the fabrication machine by accident, and it creates sinister robots out of scrap to hunt them down...
Dormin
Dormin
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Possum95

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:42 am

I watched Les 1001 Nuits tonight... in French, and I understood nearly everything. Shocked
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:00 am

I just watched "Fair Game" (2010). The movie is about the Bush government hushing up the truth about the existence of nuclear weapons in Iraq, I don't want to go into it more but you can see the trailer.

I'd say it's a bad concept and a mediocre execution; the film condemns propaganda but would rather propagandize to get the point across - fighting for the truth no matter what the odds are is clearly the moral, while "easy" conclusions are thrown at your face the entire time, and it's that contradiction that discredits the entire project. Sean Penn apparently still thinks he's in "Milk". Direction is brilliant though, I give it that.
Overall, I'd say 1.5/5 for me. Not a bad watch and I'd say go see it, if you haven't.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:41 am

Thestarwarsgeek wrote:Buddy of mine somehow convinced me to see skyline again.

Well, it's even worse than the first time I saw it. It had almost zero plot, terrible actors. And aside from the special effects, EVERYTHING was terrible. And the only plot twist this movie had was, at best. Predictable.

Inorite.

The funny part is they decided to leave it a cliffhanger Laughing
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next