EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Japan creating Tsunami! *Pacific Nations on High Alert*

+16
Illusionary
world_piece
Xaesheir
Andeavor
sjhorm
Hutch
LordRemington
Goober09
TyrannoFan
Lumorei
OneDeadSlime
Shardna
Trick
Drew980
Greyskull
Arkanay
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NEWS: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Japan creating Tsunami! *Pacific Nations on High Alert*  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWS: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Japan creating Tsunami! *Pacific Nations on High Alert*

Post by Illusionary Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:57 am

I saw the videos on the news... I seriously couldn't believe those were cars in the tsunami, there were so many of them Shocked
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

NEWS: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Japan creating Tsunami! *Pacific Nations on High Alert*  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWS: 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Japan creating Tsunami! *Pacific Nations on High Alert*

Post by Arkanay Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Illusionary wrote:I saw the videos on the news... I seriously couldn't believe those were cars in the tsunami, there were so many of them Shocked

Looked like Legos being flushed down in a bathtub. The waves were very powerful.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:20 pm

I've never seen anything like this. The most stunning image to me was the wall of water rolling across Japan's plains and carrying cars and scrap metal with it. Just.... dear god have mercy

My heart goes out to these people.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Andeavor wrote:rip Turkey and it's neighbors apart

Fudge.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Wow, the wave went so far in and still kept its strength! I haven't seen a tsunami as powerful!
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomnova Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:48 pm

The quake moved Japan by 2 meters... and caused Earth's axis to tilt by some 10cm. That's quite a lot if you think about it, really. It also changed Earth's orbit around the sun a little.

Welp, time to evacuate the planet.
Doomnova
Doomnova

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:38 am

I heard on the news that in one town in Japan, there are over 10'000 people who are un-accounted for.......10'000 people. On top of the already thousands dead.

The town only had a population of 17'000. To think over half of that population could be gone is just horrible.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:39 am

LordRemington wrote:I heard on the news that in one town in Japan, there are over 10'000 people who are un-accounted for.......10'000 people. On top of the already thousands dead.

The town only had a population of 17'000. To think over half of that population could be gone is just horrible.

According to a News website, there were about 88,000 people missing. ><

It´s crazy over there. Really tough.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:48 am

I thought it was 88,000 as well...
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:55 am

TyrannoFan wrote:I thought it was 88,000 as well...

It is, I was only referring to one specific town. I just found it incredibly that over half the town is probably dead. Thats incredibly saddening.

also I don't remember where I head it, but apparently the creator of Pokemon died in the tsunami as well.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 am

Really? Huh. I haven't heard of that anywhere from anyone.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:08 am

LordRemington wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:I thought it was 88,000 as well...

It is, I was only referring to one specific town. I just found it incredibly that over half the town is probably dead. Thats incredibly saddening.

also I don't remember where I head it, but apparently the creator of Pokemon died in the tsunami as well.

Now fanboys everywhere will be butt hurt. This is getting more worse by the second.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:10 am

LOL

Well really, it's only a rumour. No-one has confirmed yet, but I don't doubt it's true. Though I'm not certain either.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:14 am

Honestly, more worried about the nuclear power plants at this point.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:16 am

Indeed, considering that could kill SEVERAL. And could deal environmental damage too, as if the tsunami hasn't done enough already.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:18 am

Yea, as said before it just keeps going from bad to worse. But this could potentially do some large amount of damage.. this is freaky. A lot of this was predicted in them crazy 2012 predictions.

I am not saying the world is going to end, but it is kinda on a cliffhanger at this point.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:24 am

I don't think the 2012 end-of-world theory was thought to mark the physical end of the world, it is more a time frame predicted where the world as we know it would end and cultural uprising and natural disasters of this magnitude bringing the people of the world together.

Despite that, there's still a lot of work to be done and this earthquake is only one piece of the chain that triggered it.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:26 am

Andeavor wrote:I don't think the 2012 end-of-world theory was thought to mark the physical end of the world, it is more a time frame predicted where the world as we know it would end and cultural uprising and natural disasters of this magnitude bringing the people of the world together.

Despite that, there's still a lot of work to be done and this earthquake is only one piece of the chain that triggered it.

It really seems like things are going to go to hell, its only a matter of time before the global economy gets hit hard.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:32 am

Don't worry, the human race has always prevailed. There have been hundreds of man-made and natural catastrophies, yet humankind has fought back and found its way. One thing we have to learn, though, is to work together.

The global community is sending all the help they can offer to Japan, a sign that whatever happened had at least one positive impact on people all over the world.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:42 am

Work together? Unity? Bah. We can only dream. The most we can get is nearly the whole world uniting. But there will always be people protesting, and Unity won't be kept eventually. If we attempt to unite, we will split further after the unity is broken. But we should go the the point where there is a balance of unity.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:45 am

Indeed Andy, but the situation for japan looks rather grim

two if the Japanese nuclear power facilities are not in good condition. One of them is leaking and it is becoming a concern that it may turn into another Chernobyl like situation. The major difference though is, Russia is massive, so it wasn't as hard to get people far away from it, but Japan is far far smaller. If it became another Chernobyl like situation, a large part of Japan would not be safe to live in any more.

Can only hope the fix the damage to the nuclear facility.

The Japanese people just cannot get a break right now Sad

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:47 am

TyrannoFan wrote:Work together? Unity? Bah. We can only dream. The most we can get is nearly the whole world uniting. But there will always be people protesting, and Unity won't be kept eventually. If we attempt to unite, we will split further after the unity is broken. But we should go the the point where there is a balance of unity.

I think we are already kinda united in some aspects. We all rely on each other as a global economy.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:16 pm

And it gets grimmer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12724953

Japanese technicians are battling to lower the pressure in a second nuclear reactor at Japan's earthquake-damaged Fukushima power station, which was hit by a big explosion on Saturday.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Vektrix wrote:And it gets grimmer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12724953

Japanese technicians are battling to lower the pressure in a second nuclear reactor at Japan's earthquake-damaged Fukushima power station, which was hit by a big explosion on Saturday.

Then again, some sources state otherwise;

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2011_0313expert_nuclear_trouble_a_long_way_from_chernobyl/

This is not, and will not be, Chernobyl under any stretch of the imagination.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyskull Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:02 am

It will be major if it enters Meltdown.
Greyskull
Greyskull

Female
Spore Name : Crazydogs123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next