EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Lawsuit - Ruined 4 year olds chances of getting into Harvard....

+2
sjhorm
LordRemington
6 posters

Go down

NEWS: Lawsuit - Ruined 4 year olds chances of getting into Harvard.... Empty NEWS: Lawsuit - Ruined 4 year olds chances of getting into Harvard....

Post by LordRemington Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:31 am

Did you hear the one about the New York mom who sued the preschool for not preparing her kid for the Ivy League?

Sadly, folks, this isn't a joke.

There is, for reals, a mom (the plaintiff, Nicole Imprescia of Manhattan) and a school (the defendant, York Avenue Preschool) and a lawsuit (plaintiff suing defendant for a refund of the $19,000/year tuition she paid).

The New York Daily News first reported about Imprescia's beef. She claims the school jeopardized her 4-year-old daughter Lucia's chances of getting into an elite private school (by not preparing her for the admissions exam you have to take to get into top notch/top dollar elementary schools in the city) and, therefore – wait for it, wait for it – ruined her chances of being a future Ivy Leaguer.

The lawsuit claims that the school put Imprescia's "very smart" 4-year-old in a class with kids half her age – a class where the focus was on shapes and colors. (The York School's website says 4-year-olds work "with one alphabet letter each week creating connections between the letter, the sound and the children's lives." Students are also "introduced to the works of artists represented in the many museums found within New York City.")

"The school proved not to be a school at all, but just one big playroom," the lawsuit says.

Again, this isn't a joke, but if it were, maybe this would be the punch line: Imprescia pulled her daughter out of the school after just three weeks – which means the child maybe got to the letter "C." But the school, which has a firm no-refund policy, wouldn't give her money back. (Nanny, nanny boo-boo.)

.......................where do you start with something this monumentally stupid. Suing because the pre-school is "Just one big playroom"? ITS PRESCHOOL! Did she expect them to be teaching her daughter calculus?

I feel sorry for this kid. If her mum if flipping out now that she is not being taught hard enough at age 4, imagine the pressure she is going to get when she is older.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Lawsuit - Ruined 4 year olds chances of getting into Harvard.... Empty Re: NEWS: Lawsuit - Ruined 4 year olds chances of getting into Harvard....

Post by sjhorm Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:41 am

You mean your preschool doesn't teach you calculus?
What an outrage!
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Lawsuit - Ruined 4 year olds chances of getting into Harvard.... Empty Re: NEWS: Lawsuit - Ruined 4 year olds chances of getting into Harvard....

Post by Hutch Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:58 am

Ugh, this is what you can expect from us Americans. Hard core helicopter parents.

It's not like the mother wanted her child to succeed, anyway. I bet she just wanted to use her daughter as something to brag about, it's quite sad really.

But then again, my opinion doesn't matter. My preschool never taught me calculus, therefor I'm a dumb, degenerate oath that only wants to keep people from succeeding Razz

Hutch
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Thestarwarsgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:08 am

Eugh, I've heard SO MUCH crap about (mostly) American kids getting told off or in trouble for the most retarded things, and in many cases, like this, it's not even their fault.

I know about strict parents, and of the Japanese stereotype, but come on. Over the top, much?
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:12 am

This reminds me of cases where people pick on the most ridiculous things in order to fill their pockets.

Like that one case where someone put a cat in the microwave and then sued the microwave company for not informing the customers that cats should not be put in the microwave... Facepalm
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:16 am

Or the lady that sued McDonalds because she spilled coffee on herself, and the cup didn't say 'Warning: Hot'
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:14 pm

lol I heard about those two. whats sad is I think the coffee woman won that case :/. She won for being and idiot essentially.

By far the stupidest one I've heard, simply because the outcome is outrageous, is the guy who tried to rob a person's house. He attempted to climb the fence and got injured while doing it. He sued the guy for getting hurt by his fence WHILE TRYING TO ROB HIM and he won.............
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Yeah, that´s pretty pathetic. I can´t comprehend that outcome.

Perhaps there is more information to it we´re not aware of? Because if the facts are as flat as that, then it´s just stupid.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Astronomical levels of fail.

DAYUM HUMANITY YOU STUPID!
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down