EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Coalition launches Libya attacks

+13
Pikachu
Greyskull
Shardna
MarkyDMan
Trick
Tyranidking
Goober09
Andeavor
Aletrius
LordRemington
Arkanay
Mysteryem
Vektrix
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NEWS: Coalition launches Libya attacks - Page 3 Empty Re: NEWS: Coalition launches Libya attacks

Post by Andeavor Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:12 am

Here's a little fun fact: When Gaddafi's son Hannibal was being a bit "direct" to the staff of a hotel in Geneva and was detained by police for reasonable charges, Muammar went ballistic, went straight up to the UN HQ in New York and delivered a 4 hour speech on complete nonsense that had nothing to do with his son's misdemeanor.

At one point, he even suggested Switzerland to be disolved and distributed among Germany, France and italy. Mental
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Coalition launches Libya attacks - Page 3 Empty Re: NEWS: Coalition launches Libya attacks

Post by Pikachu Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:13 am

Andeavor wrote:Here's a little fun fact: When Gaddafi's son Hannibal was being a bit "direct" to the staff of a hotel in Geneva and was detained by police for reasonable charges, Muammar went ballistic, went straight up to the UN HQ in New York and delivered a 4 hour speech on complete nonsense that had nothing to do with his son's misdemeanor.

At one point, he even suggested Switzerland to be disolved and distributed among Germany, France and italy. Mental

*Cough*Nutjob*cough*
Pikachu
Pikachu
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Stitch1200

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:22 am

Supposedly a bomb went off near Gaddafi's residence in today's air strikes.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 am

Andeavor wrote:At one point, he even suggested Switzerland to be disolved and distributed among Germany, France and italy. Mental

What a goo... I mean bad idea Laughing

He is a caricature of himself, now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muammar_Gaddafi

Like reading a fictional story - which of course, being wiki it may be, but even so.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Pikachu wrote:*Snip*

I'm just not gonna bother with you, anymore.

Back on topic: I'm really wondering how long this campaign will be. This is not Iraq, after all.

Also I wonder if this sudden push by the Coalition will make Yemeni and Bahrainian Governments think about their situations and not act as defiant as Gaddafi.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:27 am

According to a News channel over here, a missil hit some place about 50 metres away from Gaddafi´s residence.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:06 am

I don't see why they don't target Gaddafi - surely that would be the quickest way to end it all?
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:09 am

They won't be able to get him when he's in a bunker, and a bunker that is in an unknown location. He's hard to find.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:12 am

To be honest, Gaddafi's so insane that is wouldn't be surprised if he appeared on the road waving signal flags. Afterall, who turns up to a public rally in a golf buggy?
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:18 am

He's insane, but not insane to that degree.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:21 am

I wouldn't put it past him. America has bombed him before, and nearly killed him (some of his family were killed).
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:23 am

I'm not doubting the death of Qaddafi, just saying that it's going to take some time.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:25 am

And I never said it wouldn't.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 am

Indeed.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:31 am

I admit I was being somewhat dogmatic.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:33 am

I noticed Laughing
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:42 am

Oh no...just after reading the artical of the whole war thing. Missles?!, Ships?! and Jets?! What's even worse is that some people have agreed to act as human shields to that mental nutcase. I think they have lost their minds completly!
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 am

It's not uncommon for a mentally ill individual to be a savant. For all we know, Gadaffi is one.

Libyan officials said 64 civilians were killed. The U.S. said zero.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:52 am

The reality is, I don't think we'll ever know the truth. I suspect some civilian have likely been killed, but Llibyan state television will of course embellish and exagerate the truth.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyskull Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:59 am

And the west will cover it's tracks.
Greyskull
Greyskull

Female
Spore Name : Crazydogs123

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:15 am

Funny thing is, it's gaddafi's libyan spokesperson on health that's saying the 62 casualties happened. Anothe Libyan doctor on the rebels side said there were none.

And they won't allow any people in the hospitals to see these 'casualties'. So we probably won't know. I think it's gaddafi pulling a fast one, but I do expect there to be unfortunate losses.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:04 am

We'll never really know how many will have died at the end of this - one side will exaggerate the figures and the other will downplay/under-estimate them.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:33 am

Reminds me of the Hungarian Revolution.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:36 am

I'm glad the US isn't staying in Libya. The last thing we need is another failure, although these successful airstrikes are a refreshing break from "we ruined another country".

I just hope the coalition knows what they're doing. We have no idea who these rebels REALLY are. They could be the next "American colonists", sure, but they could also be Al-Qaida looking to make themselves a new country. NATO and friends really need to do more research before they act further.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next