EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User Announcements (Part IV)

+47
TheEmilion
Icedmask
Aieru
MjrGlory
Jokie155
Mushroomking1
Jeff
Didzo
Mysteryem
Vereor
Kevin92
Sakiara
LoD
TyrannoFan
WoityuizE
Iridescence
NGin
MilkAndCookies
Lumorei
Drew980
Hawkbird2000
Shadow
world_piece
UltimateZob
Illusionary
bmpalmann
Dino589
OneDeadSlime
Tyranidking
Damnagoras
Hutch
War
Red-Indigo
Shardna
Dormin
Arkanay
MarkyDMan
ArticShock
Vago
sjhorm
Aletrius
Andeavor
Vektrix
SuperLoki
Descardion
Trick
LordRemington
51 posters

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Go down

User Announcements (Part IV) - Page 27 Empty Re: User Announcements (Part IV)

Post by SuperLoki Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:59 am

Yasu is (apparently) Hello in Greece Razz Halkidiki being the area I'm currently in.

Very glad things improved for you, I can't imagine how that must have felt. Things are going well over here, thank you. Both at home and ahere ^^
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 am

Started a new YT channel today, for my video editing "experiments" Wink

https://www.youtube.com/user/KKCSTUDIO?feature=mhee

Uploading a video right now, it should be up in an hour or so (YT is ridiculous with uploading times).
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 am

I had to rescue a grasshopper from behind the tray shelf. It somehow managed to jump into an open kitchen window and make its way across to the top of the fridge.

It was friggin' huge and sounded louder than a cricket.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Sure it wasnt a Katydid or Locust? They can get pretty huge and sound awful.

On a bug related note... As I was getting ready this morning I recieved a bit of a fright. On the end of my bed where I had my clothes there was a HUGE spider. Crawling all freakishly down my bed. Im glad my little dog didnt spot it before I had time to remove it as it had fairly large black fangs.

Im not scared of spiders usually, but the thought that I had been asleep there and that was probably scuttling around made me feel a teeny bit sick Laughing
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:30 am

Finally got the video uploaded Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSFilAr3j0E

Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:24 am

I must speak with youz guyz. I haven´t talked to any of you since the chat died (;.
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:22 am

*Sigh* Stuff can really tire me out sometimes. I used to be able to download episodes of that anime I'm watching for free from a site, but I came to a point where the remaining ones had been taken down. Legal issues, obviously.

Through some extensive googling it became clear that there was no way I could continue download it the way I had, so I started watching the videos streamed. The host is Megavideo, and you know what a pain that is.

There was a link to a website where I could download the episodes, but it required a payed membership. $6 a month, which was a price I was willing to accept after confirming that the site is safe.

It works well, nothing is really going wrong or not working. For a moment I felt happy, until I noticed that the episodes were not dubbed, but instead had Japanese audio with English subtitles. -_- I want to continue watching it dubbed! So that $6/month membership will do me no good. I might have completely wasted that money, and I have to continue watching from Megavideo. Brick Wall

Note to self: Stay away from starting to enjoy things that relate to computers or the Internet. It's bound to lead to frustration.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Damnagoras

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:42 am

I much prefer to watch something in the language it was created with English subtitles. It makes it more 'serious' in a good way.
Sorry you don't feel the same but give it a try. Perhaps you'll like it too.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:50 am

I really like Megavideo but I've also come to appreciate the likes of Videoweed or Videobb - they're all the same anyway. Sure, there may be no HD option but I can at least catch up on my TV shows if you can find the proper sites that have the links.

There's also Stagevu, which is the remnant of the long-lost Stage6, the divx supported HD video site that was taken down a few years back after so many users uploaded their entire movie and TV show collections with backgrounds banners and everything. You can still find some decent stuff on there but it's not the latest.

Gems like that come and go, I've already went through three generations of videostreams and downloads, if the TV networks and movie companies won't catch up with streaming their own stuff internationally in all languages for a low price then there will be new sites that offer that under the counter.

@Ark: Dubbing is the enemy of acting. At least 50% of the whole art is in the vocal but because most people are stupid and lazy they rather have everything translated to them (badly) and have the actors' efforts erased with a bad dub. It's worse when you start recognizing the voices or if you know the original voice and the dubbed one doesn't match.

I've watched Asian films with subtitles and I've enjoyed them every second.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:25 am

Well, I did plan to start watching future series in their original languages. If nothing else, at least for the sake of making use of the money I've spent and the greater availability. It takes a lot more effort to make a complete dub than just adding subtitles. But since I started watching the current series dubbed, I want to continue doing that until it's finished. The characters just wouldn't be the same with new voices.

@Andy: It's a good point, but the extra effort from the original actors might not be noticeable if you don't speak the language yourself. Tiny, subtle variations in the flow of a spoken sentence and emphasis on specific letters or words, which can make a great difference for one who speaks the language, might not make any difference at all to a stranger to it.

Or maybe this is complete gibberish that doesn't make any sense. I blame the late hour for that.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:39 am

The acting is not in the words but in those very inflections and nuances you speak of. I've watched a Korean soap opera once without subtitles and I understood exactly what happened. Sure, It took a bit to figure out who was who but once I knew the characters, I found their physical and emotional interactions were telling me more than what they probably said.

Now, with animation it's a bit different, I admit, but you still will have trouble translating the the animations's original "language". Although, in anime they pretty much move their mouths like a fish... so you could say anything.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:57 am

I still prefer being able to know what the characters are saying. Though it does seem like an interesting thing to at some point, trying to do like you. Somehow it reminds me of playing a song by ear instead of reading from sheets.

Oh and another thing: I discovered that the dubbed version was available after all. In high quality. My faith in technology has almost been restored. ^^
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:04 am

When you go through the process of learning how to act you appreciate that even more.

YAY for high-tech!
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:03 am

Going in for an interview to be a weekend pharmacy assistant in a three days. Really hoping I get the job. I needs moneyz.

Also this morning when I stood up, I felt some pain in two of my right toes when I moved them. I looked down to discover that some sort of spider had bitten not one, but two of my toes. They are now both swollen and pretty painful. Spiffing none
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:37 am

Find the spider and bite it back.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:18 am

I just watched the ending of Code Geass. It was fantastic. It was sad, yet happy, because it all ended so well. And with this song playing, it was impossible for me not to cry. So beautiful...

Edit: I need a hug Sad
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Made a new video:

Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:34 am

@Trick. Well edited video. Very sad whats happening to the polar bears with the ice melting.

=======================================================

Well in a fairly sudden chain of events, we've bought a house and are moving in a few weeks.Didn't see this coming as My aunt and mum have been heading the charge to find a house, but they came home today, told me and my brother to go see the house, we liked it, so bought it.

I'm pretty happy though. New bedroom is going to have an en suite. Now I won't even have to leave my bed room to go and take a shower awesome....... Well sort of Unsure but not go nearly as far. The closer the better.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 am

Make sure the new room has a lock now. :b
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:01 am

This sentence is a statement of the obvious.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:11 am

Today, I came across the dumbest drivers I've met this year... in a row.

First, right after I came out of a parking spot and was ready to leave, a guy coming from the adjacent parking lot came right at me despite there being a traffic peninsula on his side indicating a Tempo-30 Zone, and right after I wanted to hit the gas pedal after he passed another driver came towards me. As she passed me she looked at me stupidly while I gave her the WTF? face.

A couple of blocks later, as I was driving along a curved arterial street with my blinker on indicating I was staying on it - as the traffic rule states - another doofus cut me off right from the side street. Honking was all I could do. Mad
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:50 am

Andeavor wrote:Today, I came across the dumbest drivers I've met this year... in a row.

First, right after I came out of a parking spot and was ready to leave, a guy coming from the adjacent parking lot came right at me despite there being a traffic peninsula on his side indicating a Tempo-30 Zone, and right after I wanted to hit the gas pedal after he passed another driver came towards me. As she passed me she looked at me stupidly while I gave her the WTF? face.

A couple of blocks later, as I was driving along a curved arterial street with my blinker on indicating I was staying on it - as the traffic rule states - another doofus cut me off right from the side street. Honking was all I could do. Mad

Next time, you need to try strapping anti-tank missiles to your car, so they can shoot forwards. See how many people pull that stunt while you got them juicy little fellows.

In all seriousness, I see stupidity and carelessness is still frighteningly rife. Count yourself lucky that you got away with just inconvenience. Some of those people are just too dumb to live, but sadly end up killing innocents in their death-throes.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysteryem Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:38 am

I became a moderator over on the darkspore forums yesterday Smile

And I know what you mean Andeavor, my dad is constantly complaining about poor drivers and wonders how most of them passed their test. The most noticable cases are where someone wants to drive us into or off of a round-about.
Mysteryem
Mysteryem
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Mysteryem

http://www.mysterymayhem.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 am

Congrats Mysteryem Very Happy
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:16 am

This morning, my sister was in a car accident. As she drove uphill, the woman driver coming from the side street was first unsure whether to stop or continue. My sis then quickly slowed down but realized she has priority and continued herself. At just that moment, the other driver accelerated and rammed my sister's car causing it to literally swivel around clockwise. The side airbag went off and after, my sister left her car with quite a shock from it all. She's fine, though, but she's on the way to the doctor's for a check-up.

Spoiler:
According to the towing service, the car is totaled and the damage would not be worth repairing since the middle pillar o the side is busted.

Also, at some point, my sister asked if she could borrow the other driver's daughter's phone because the batteries of hers were dead. Even though she called a 0800 number, which are generally free of cost, she offered to pay her 20 bucks. The girl didn't even heistate and accepted the money. none
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next