EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User Announcements (Part IV)

+47
TheEmilion
Icedmask
Aieru
MjrGlory
Jokie155
Mushroomking1
Jeff
Didzo
Mysteryem
Vereor
Kevin92
Sakiara
LoD
TyrannoFan
WoityuizE
Iridescence
NGin
MilkAndCookies
Lumorei
Drew980
Hawkbird2000
Shadow
world_piece
UltimateZob
Illusionary
bmpalmann
Dino589
OneDeadSlime
Tyranidking
Damnagoras
Hutch
War
Red-Indigo
Shardna
Dormin
Arkanay
MarkyDMan
ArticShock
Vago
sjhorm
Aletrius
Andeavor
Vektrix
SuperLoki
Descardion
Trick
LordRemington
51 posters

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

User Announcements (Part IV) - Page 34 Empty Re: User Announcements (Part IV)

Post by LordRemington Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Why thank you Red. Man today was a battle. I woke up this morning. I didn't feel 100% but I felt good enough to go to uni, so I got ready and went to uni. Did some study unitl 12 and the longer time went on the better I felt. At 12 I went to my pathology lecture, which is where it all went downhill for me.

It had been hot the entire day and my friend even mentioned how hot it was in the lecture room and I agreed. But as the lecture went on, I started feeling colder and colder. I eventually felt do cold I was shaking like a leaf, but my friend still looked quite content, so I knew it was only me. By the end, my friend was worried about me and said I looked pale as a ghost and I should go home, which I did reluctantly as the lecture I missed was human metabolism and disease. Not one or my easier subjects.

My friend could stay for the lecture anyway so I drove him back to his apartment. He said my car was blazingly hot, but to me it felt like cool morning sunlight hitting my skin.

I knew it was my bodies reaction to the flu and it trying to rid it from me once and for all, so I started driving home. I became weaker and weaker as I drove home, but I was still easily aware enough to drive, but given another 30 minutes, it may have been a different story.

I got home and basically the second I turned off my car, and stepped out, my body almost gave out on me. I stumbled with my bag to the front door and rang the doorbell as I didn't have the energy to put the keys in, my brother opened the door, I ran to get water and drank about 7 glasses then went to my bed and basically just collapsed, feeling worse than I had in years.

However, less than an hour after I woke up. My headache was basically gone and my stomach felt normal again. My body was determined to get rid of it and so far it feels like its been successful at it.

Hopefully I'll be sickness free tomorrow. Lucky that my HMD lecture is recorded, but none of my others are, so I need to go tomorrow.

So yeah thats been my day in a nut shell. Definitely not the best day I've had in recent times. Definitely not.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 am

The tax man has said I have overpaid him for a tax year several years ago - I will be getting money back Very Happy
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:19 pm

I've caught a cold... and I don't like it. none
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Andeavor wrote:I've caught a cold... and I don't like it. none
I've just caught a cold too...and i don't like it either none
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:39 pm

bmpalmann wrote:
Andeavor wrote:I've caught a cold... and I don't like it. none
I've just caught a cold too...and i don't like it either none
I haven't caught a cold... and I add nothing witty by saying it none

-----

Ugh, I haven't slept properly for nearly a week... The full moon is beautiful, but I don't like how it makes it difficult for me to sleep.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Damnagoras

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Just got over my sickness. Glad to be rid of it.

@Damna. a werewolf? Surprised

=======================================================

Oh sweet merciful monkey god its hot here right now. I've got the fan blasting, drinking ice cold water and I'm still boiling. And to top it off, its only 11 pm at night. The hot aussie summer is on its way.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:19 pm

@Remi: Possibly! I can't recall ever turning, but I have felt some sort of weird kinship with the werewolves I encounter in Minecraft. Even though they attack me on sight.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Damnagoras wrote:@Remi: Possibly! I can't recall ever turning, but I have felt some sort of weird kinship with the werewolves I encounter in Minecraft. Even though they attack me on sight.

Shocked *Hides silver sword behind back* hmmm interesting Razz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had an exhaustive day of study today. Getting very much over uni right now, but trying to keep happy as the end is in sight. In just over 1 month from now, I'll be done with another year at Hogwarts university and then a sweet 3 and a half month break.

Which also got me thinking about how quickly time has gone by this year. I remember finishing my exams at the end of last year like it was yesterday. I don't like how fast time is moving Sad
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:08 am

That I'm back. Again.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Once again, heya Thomas Waving

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spent 20 minutes watching a pigeon eat a piece of bread today at uni. Was basically the most exciting thing that happened all day none
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 am

I recently acquired an iPad... I know, but let me explain. I find it very helpful when I need to access the Internet while playing a PC game and I've since transferred my email correspondence and overal googling and youtubing on there, which is very practical when I go to the loo or want to sit somewhere other than my desk without the hassle of moving my laptop around that much.

I don't have 3G access but maybe that's a good thing. Thumbs Up

Also, I finally found out why you couldn't access the regular version of this forum on a mobile device. I deleted the CSS code that prevented the switch and you can now access the classic version on the very bottom of the mobile forum.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:04 am

I purchased an Adobe Flash license this week. Even with the large student discount, it felt very expensive, so hopefully I won't regret it.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:22 am

Adobe has cornered the market so they can charge whatever they want. I was sad when they bought out Macromedia (Developer of Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, etc.)

Now they gouge because they can.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:04 am

Everything's grey again, the sky, the weather, life. none
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:16 am

Andeavor wrote:Everything's grey again, the sky, the weather, life. none

I'd say the same... Except my life is more of a watery blue-ish.

Can't wait for the end of this week when we get a one week break. Finally I'll get some nice time off from school! I'll probably have to study during the break as well, but at least I will have time for it when I don't have to go to school. I considered staying home this Monday because all school work doesn't give me much time to actually go to school... Is that a valid reason to stay home?
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:00 am

Had my final piece of assessment today. Now just the final exams to go and I'm done for another year.

Also after my test me and my friends had nothing to do. They held a one off lecture where they got one of the most highly regarded cell biologists in australia to come in an talk about current research and discoveries in the field of immunisation. It wasn't just for students, infact majority of the people attending were PhDs and lecturers.

Was quite enlightening and made me think about how much we know about the human body, but at the same time how little we know.

After she finished the lecture, she opened the floor to questions.

It was awe inspiring to see someone so highly regarded and someone who excelled so far in her field, that she even made other people in the same field such as my Human metabolism and disease lecturer seem like they were still just students.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:44 pm

€#%@! For the love of Steve!

The HD on my laptop is probably corrupted beyond repair. I don't mind a complete reinstall but I still have lots of files I haven't backed up yet... And I can't access it.

I could claw someone to death...!

Edit: I found I can access my files and folders through the Windows boot (w/MacDrive)... So now I'm backing up as many files I need and will do a clean install... Of everything.

What a fun weekend! none
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:14 am

User Announcement: Actually kinda hard for me to focus on most internet(forum) activities. In case you were wondering were I went, I lurk more than I post.

Yes. That'll be all. Santa
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:40 am

Aieru wrote:User Announcement: Actually kinda hard for me to focus on most internet(forum) activities. In case you were wondering were I went, I lurk more than I post.

Yes. That'll be all. Santa

Same with me.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:43 am

Took Butters to a dog show yesterday. Even at a dog show, alot of people were looking at the butters. He brings nothing but sunshine and happiness where ever he goes. An elderly woman asked if she could hold him, which ofcourse I said yes to. So Butters had a good day.

But at the dog shows they have free vet inspections and butters has been itching alot lately so I took him to the vet inspection and apparently he had dermal allergies Sad And the problem is with dog's its very very hard to pin point exactly where they allergy is coming from as they can't tell you.

He started scratching before we left our previous house, so I'm trying to figure out what we got around that time that could have caused it.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:07 am

Sorry for not been hanging around too much on this site lately, life in UK is more stuffed with other things to do then I expected, and school is killing me at the moment... Razz

Anyways, I'll drop by when I feel like doing so Very Happy
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Hey iced. Nice to see you still around. Don't worry, just pop in whenever you want Razz

===============================================================

I've discovered this week, that birds are my mortal enemy.

As I was driving into uni earlier this week, I came to the section that ducks regularly waddle across. They never normally pose much of an issue, and normally get out of the way, with no troubles.

however wednesday wasn't my day for ducks. I came to the duck crossing and there was a single duck waddling across. I decided I'd just trying any maneuver around it, but apparently the duck didn't take to kindly to my car as the duck tried to charge my car. I had to give the duck a very wide birth and drive away quickly.

After that I went to one of the only buildings that was opened (It was 7:20 in the morning, so most of the uni buildings are closed at that time).

The building I went into has an interesting design. Hard to describe, but it has a sort of sideways staircase and the windows are the same as one way mirrors, in that you can see out of them, but standing outside of the building, they look like mirrors.

Anyway inside the building, there are computers along the glass walls to do work at. Being early I just went onto one of the computers and just surfed the internet for a bit.

I was just surfing away, until suddenly "SMACK" I was jolted and startled to see a very large bird smack right into the mirrored window directly infront of my computer. Nearly knocked me off my chair. After getting over the shock, I turned my attention to see if the bird was okay. Luckily it just got up, shacked it off and flew away.

And then on friday afternoon, to top it off as I was driving out of uni, again at the duck crossing, two ducks decided they'd have a good old sit on the road and not respond to my car coming towards them at all. Had to stop, give them a honk and then wait for them to slowly waddle off the road.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:20 pm

My mortal enemy is triplet notes in music...

That story reminds me about the time we decided to remove the curtains from one of the kitchen windows, some years ago. The room became quite a bit brighter and cheery, so we thought we'd keep it that way. Just one hour later, however, a falcon crashed right into it, completely breaking the outer pane. It sounded like somebody had thrown a big rock! The bird recovered pretty quickly, and flew off, seemingly without any injuries.

We put the curtains back up, and have never taken any down after that.

--------

Nooooo! Today is the last day of my break! I don't want to go back to school Sad
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:48 am

Today I figured out deleting seystem *32 gives you night vision.

Passed 700 subscribers on Spore. Happy about that unimportant number. And I get to watch my club have its first birthday. They grow up so fast. Also scored part time job.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Congrats Drew Smile

After a week the essay i submitted online last thursday has only just been opened by the markers, cos they don't seem to be able to open anything that's not microsoft word Razz
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next