EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User Announcements (Part IV)

+47
TheEmilion
Icedmask
Aieru
MjrGlory
Jokie155
Mushroomking1
Jeff
Didzo
Mysteryem
Vereor
Kevin92
Sakiara
LoD
TyrannoFan
WoityuizE
Iridescence
NGin
MilkAndCookies
Lumorei
Drew980
Hawkbird2000
Shadow
world_piece
UltimateZob
Illusionary
bmpalmann
Dino589
OneDeadSlime
Tyranidking
Damnagoras
Hutch
War
Red-Indigo
Shardna
Dormin
Arkanay
MarkyDMan
ArticShock
Vago
sjhorm
Aletrius
Andeavor
Vektrix
SuperLoki
Descardion
Trick
LordRemington
51 posters

Page 29 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next

Go down

User Announcements (Part IV) - Page 29 Empty Re: User Announcements (Part IV)

Post by MilkAndCookies Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Damnagoras wrote:
Thanks a lot for reminding me about her, you sour piece of cider apple tree root!

Laughing

That is one nice...uh...insult? Laughing

Uh yeah. Time here is SO BAD AGAIN. It sucks not living by the sea in summer. I was around Dalmatia for 5 days, and it was one hell of a tour. But I wish I had more time to enjoy it.

I hope you enjoy Bulgaria, Trickatel. I wish I could go visit all European countries one day.
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Have a nice time trick! Also, I agree with MAC that is an... interesting... insult!

Those journeys sound horrible. I'm glad to say I've nver been in that position. Although I did cause a delay once, where they messed up my name when booking and booked me as two seperate people. I was under 16 at the time so they held the flight to look for the 'missing child'. I was there with my family and all the other people waiting to fly, wondering what the hold up was, the whole time Laughing

---

Well I has a story/interesting happening.

Well the other day I was walking with my dogs. We came across a stray Akita. It was obviously really nervous and didn't want to play nice, my dogs being german shephard X Husky and GSD X Collie, it was a situation I wanted to avoid. We managed to avoid it, despite it ghosting us, untill told to 'Stay', where it promptly ran off.

Anyway, usually I try to help out stray animals, so I checked to see if it had been reported lost on our local lost pets website. It did have a collar so I was hopeful. Instead of finding this dog reported, on the side of the website I am pretty sure I saw what was my own cat's face staring back at me :O

I clicked on it to find it was only a little way away from where I live. The description fitted his personality. My cat has quite obvious markings, one being a little white bandanna of fur and creamy flashes under his eyes. The photo was taken looking up at him while he was rubbing his lip on a phone line, so it was hard to tell if it was him or just a really close match :/

They said he had gone about a week ago, well my cat usually comes and goes as he wants, but from about a week ago, he has been staying in pretty much all day. We have also noticed he arrives back groomed sometimes. I assumed he had a granny or somthing he visited. Another thing they stated was that he was a year old, he's not, he's 2. But I am guessing it was a year ago he made himself at home there, if it is him.

So I sent an email off to them to establish how they acquired this cat. It's going to be an odd situation if it is my cat. While I don't mind sharing him (that's what cats do, given half a chance) I can't help feeling that they won't take it so lightly :/

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:59 pm

I can confirm the truth. The cat is me. Smile And yes, those people are my owners too!

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:39 am

I knew it!

You six dinner sid of a cat. When you get back im going to have a nice new pair of mittens.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:38 am

I'm looking at a fairly sized spider in my computer room. It's crawling up one of the walls.

Interesting thing is that it has 5 1/2 legs. If this spider could talk, what would it tell me?
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:27 pm

world_piece wrote:I'm looking at a fairly sized spider in my computer room. It's crawling up one of the walls.

Interesting thing is that it has 5 1/2 legs. If this spider could talk, what would it tell me?

I saw a huge one last summer, and it was on the ceiling and we couldn't get to it... we had to sleep and know that we might wake up with the spider eating our eyes or something. We called it "a mistake of nature".
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 am

OneDeadSlime wrote:
world_piece wrote:I'm looking at a fairly sized spider in my computer room. It's crawling up one of the walls.

I saw a huge one last summer, and it was on the ceiling and we couldn't get to it... we had to sleep and know that we might wake up with the spider eating our eyes or something. We called it "a mistake of nature".

I hate spiders. I can't stand having them in my room, especially not if I'm going bed. Anywhere else at any other point of the day, I can do fine with one around. But if there's one in my room at night, it has to die. A swift efficient death.

Unless it's a really small one, I'm okay with those.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Damnagoras

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:09 am

I find some spiders kind of cute while others, especially ones with long legs, I find a little icky. Still, their lifestyle actually benefits humans (if they're not hostile to people, of course Razz) since they catch lots of bugs which could otherwise be troublesome to us. ^^
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:11 am

I agree with Ark's last sentence, i mean the garden spider is a great one for keeping the fly population under control, whilst spiders like Shelob just want to eat hobbits and people Razz
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 am

bmpalmann wrote:I agree with Ark's last sentence, i mean the garden spider is a great one for keeping the fly population under control, whilst spiders like Shelob just want to eat hobbits and people Razz

Haha I've been re-reading the LOTR books lately and I just got to the part with Shelob. XD
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:24 am

If Spiders had wings, I'd probably be living in a bomb shelter. But since they don't, I typically catch and release them. Why harm something that benefits me? The only hard part is catching them. I typically use a pitcher to place over top but spiders are known to take off.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:37 am

I have a ginormous spider living in my bathroom. It's pretty freaky when it runs behind the sliding door. Then my sister had a giant one, like the size of a fifty cent piece on her window. We named him Jeffrey.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:43 pm

I used to have a Huntsman spider that would always be in my ceiling I named Gary. Haven't seen Gary around for a long time. I miss Gary Sad

=======================================================

Had my first pathology lab today and learned a valuable lesson. glass microscope slides can be quite sharp if you run your finger along the side of it.

Had a slide that I was trying to put in the microscope and my finger slipped slightly, running along the side of the slide. Felt like an extreme papercut and bleed more than one as well.

But a bandaid later it was okay. I found it ironic that the slide I was holding that cut my finger was actually a sample of human blood. Had plenty of that to examine afterwards.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Off to see Moby at Spirit of Burgas.

I'll be back in around a day and a half Wink
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:10 pm

How frustratingly ridiculous. I've discovered a great pianist called Kyle Landry, whose albums I want to buy. They're available as downloads on amazon.com, which I've only heard of and never actually bought from. And I discovered this thing that is known as geographical restrictions. Because I don't live in the specific countries amazon is located in, I cannot download music via the Internet.

What kind of bs is that? I've never heard of something so laughable. I thought the Internet was supposed to erase geographical boundaries. Now I'm not able to buy any of those songs at all, since they're only available as downloads. It's no wonder illegal downloading is still an issue! Wouldn't amazon be able to make huge profits if they made the very convenient downloading available to the other millions upon millions upon millions - even billions! - of people in the rest of the world? You're much more likely to impulsively buy something if you can get it in a couple of minutes, right from your home - and impulsive purchasing is what every store in the world is trying to encourage their customers to do.

End of rant. Mr Green

Now, before I even bother trying: Is there any similar issue on iTunes? Or any other issue that I should be aware of? The songs are available there as well. Will I, more specifically, be able to download the songs to my computer and transfer them to my cell phone?
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Damnagoras wrote:

Now, before I even bother trying: Is there any similar issue on iTunes? Or any other issue that I should be aware of? The songs are available there as well. Will I, more specifically, be able to download the songs to my computer and transfer them to my cell phone?

Well thats silly that you can't buy from amazon. While I don't think music is restricted, certain itunes features might be unavailable. But don't think music carries any restrictions on location.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:58 pm

^ It actually does. Music labels can only sell their products in countries they have the license for. As of now, there isn't an internationally accepted property law covering the distribution of film and music (which is the property of their labels/TV Networks), hence why there are country restrictions when trying to watch certain videos or listen to or by music outside of the original country.

iTunes, which presents itself as an internationally accesible media outlet, is working hard on releasing their content on an international scale, which is only possible once they get the license cleared, country by country. Amazon, however, restricts itself on geographical boundaries since they have separate international sites available.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks, Andy, now it all makes more sense to me. Smile

Edit: Sweet, it all worked out with iTunes. I would not have liked to download the music illegally, since it's not a super famous artist. I feel much better knowing I'm helping him continue doing what he loves.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Trick wrote:Off to see Moby at Spirit of Burgas.

I want to see Moby.

Didzo
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Didzo wrote:
Trick wrote:Off to see Moby at Spirit of Burgas.

I want to see Moby.

He and the band were fantastic.

(I'm back Razz )
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:56 am

sjhorm wrote:I have a ginormous spider living in my bathroom. It's pretty freaky when it runs behind the sliding door. Then my sister had a giant one, like the size of a fifty cent piece on her window. We named him Jeffrey.
What you mean to imply by this? confused

Also, fifty-cent pieces? No such thing.
Jeff
Jeff
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Jeffrey94

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:00 am

There is in the United States. Though its more commonly referred to as a half-dollar.
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2449657/2/istockphoto_2449657-american-coins-in-a-row.jpg
2nd from the right I'm pretty sure. The far right I think is a dollar coin.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Omnivex

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:45 am

That I recalled this forum and decided to return after my ignominious departure approximately 3 months ago.

I hope everyone is good and well.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 am

Welcome back, Tom, nice to see you here again.

I am of course meh as usual Laughing
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:39 am

Hola Thomas. I had a pretty nice sandwich a few weeks ago, so alls good with me.

Welcome Back. Thumbs Up
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next