EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User Announcements (Part IV)

+47
TheEmilion
Icedmask
Aieru
MjrGlory
Jokie155
Mushroomking1
Jeff
Didzo
Mysteryem
Vereor
Kevin92
Sakiara
LoD
TyrannoFan
WoityuizE
Iridescence
NGin
MilkAndCookies
Lumorei
Drew980
Hawkbird2000
Shadow
world_piece
UltimateZob
Illusionary
bmpalmann
Dino589
OneDeadSlime
Tyranidking
Damnagoras
Hutch
War
Red-Indigo
Shardna
Dormin
Arkanay
MarkyDMan
ArticShock
Vago
sjhorm
Aletrius
Andeavor
Vektrix
SuperLoki
Descardion
Trick
LordRemington
51 posters

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

User Announcements (Part IV) - Page 37 Empty Re: User Announcements (Part IV)

Post by Damnagoras Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:23 am

Andeavor wrote:I just stepped on a scale and saw I'm 83 kilos! That's the heaviest I've been - ever. I used to struggle putting on weight and getting to 80 kilos a couple of years ago was strenuous enough, then loosing all of that weight subsequently didn't help my morale either.

I guess once you hit 30 your weight goes the other way, so you have to start keeping an eye on it. That means I have to start controlling what I eat and maybe start out a proper workout routine.

*has an inner laugh attack*

none

What a coincidence! I too stepped on a scale today, but I seem to have somehow lost weight. The scale actually showed 55 kg, which is a surprising loss of 8 kilos since I checked my weight last time, about half a year ago. It was the same scale, and my brother guarantees that it's accurate; he uses it frequently and has other ones to compare with. I have no idea how I've lost weight, but dad seems to be taking it very seriously. Sure, my BMI says I'm underweight, but I think he's overreacting a bit.

Did you ever experience anything like this in my age, Andy? This is the first time I can remember ever losing weight in my entire life, and I'm unsure what conclusions there are to draw from it.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Damnagoras

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:20 pm

Rapid weight-loss can be triggered by many things. At your age, weight gain and loss can be almost considered normal. I was never a big eater nor did I have any trouble ding so. My weight back then used to be on the lower scale and only fluctuate between 67 and 70.

Of course, if you were sick recently or had a physical or mental trauma then do not be alarmed as it's only temporary. School stress can also be the cause, which can be dealt with once you've got yourself organized.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Damna I wouldn't be worried about that. Like Andy said, in the teen years your weight can fluctuate quite a bit, lord knows my weight certainly did. Also don't trust BMIs. They really are that accurate in determining how healthy a weight someone as it doesn't account for different body types e.g big build, medium build, slim build.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well New Years is going to be four tons of fun this year for me. Got a job assisting a catering thing in central park on new years eve/new year's day.

I'm going to be working from 6 p.m to 6 a.m none yep........ 12 hours. The only consolation for me is because its a holiday, I'll be getting holiday rates, which are very impressive, but on top of that, I'll also be getting half time and then double time because I'll be working longer than 8 hours. I'm probably going to be too wired to sleep afterwards.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Congrats Remi, hope you have fun.... with all that money (before the World Economy finally collapses in itself and destroys the world - happy thoughts Mental )

----------

Weight worries eh? Well, until i was 30, I never went any higher than 75-80kg (remember I am 6'5" / 196cm). However, I am now at a consistent 90-95kg (which is about right for my height). However, I have other medical issues that contribute to this. I would not worry too much, since all sorts of factors can effect weight, including diet (obviously), physical and mental health, lifestyle changes and natural bodily functions (such as hormonal changes).
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:48 pm

I found you can determine your ideal weight quite simple; just take the number on the meter of your height as your cut-off weight. As I'm 187cm, I shouldn't be heavier than 87kg.

It works for any height.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:50 am

Back from a fantastic skiing holiday, might put a few pics up later.

Have a great New Years everyone Smile
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:36 am

Good you had fun Trick Smile

Good......god.... I am sore. Apparently the job description for the catering job wasn't very specific. Basically they just put us into any job they needed doing at the time, and unfortunately for me the job that needed doing was managing garbage.

For 13 and a half hours straight, I had to lug garbage bins (that when filled with the typical half empty beers bottles, weighed about 70kg) and dump them into dumpsters. Worst of all, I was supposed to have 3 others in my area helping me, but unfortunately the three who showed up, were three lazy irish girls who did nothing the entire night.

Started at 6 p.m and while I should have been done by 6 a.m, but the lazy irish girls decided to clock out at 4 a.m, leaving alot left done, so I felt bad about leaving the manager with so much left undone. Sp I went on till 7:30 a.m

The only thing good that came out of it, is the manager decided he'd give me a bit of a bonus for being the only person in the park who really did any work and I'm guaranteed work in the future. Thankfully I've been assured future work won't be anywhere near as hard.

And I just finished having a 14 hour sleep.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:06 am

Hard work pays off. Well done, Remi.

I don't cater professionally but I've helped out on private parties before and I can tell it's very hard work, which always makes me guilty when I'm a guest at a party. On the last one, we were two guys serving for and buzzing about for 60+ people, we got nearly everything ready to pack up by 2am and my feet hurt like hell. Next time, I'll wear some extra comfy soles.

How do you recycle down under? Here we separate the bottles by glass color and throw them into separate containers one by one, and out of courtesy we empty them out first.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:33 am

Andeavor wrote:Hard work pays off. Well done, Remi.

I don't cater professionally but I've helped out on private parties before and I can tell it's very hard work, which always makes me guilty when I'm a guest at a party. On the last one, we were two guys serving for and buzzing about for 60+ people, we got nearly everything ready to pack up by 2am and my feet hurt like hell. Next time, I'll wear some extra comfy soles.

How do you recycle down under? Here we separate the bottles by glass color and throw them into separate containers one by one, and out of courtesy we empty them out first.

Thanks. I think I should consider investing in some soft sole shoes as well. My feet feel like someone took a meat tenderizer to them.

When I first came here, recycling wasn't very big but in the last few years they've been taking it more seriously. They introduced a three bin system here. Each house has three bins. One is for food waste only, one is for recyclables like glass and paper and one's your regular trash bin.

But we don't go to the level of sorting by colour of glass. That's some serious recycling Shocked but yes we wash out all bottles and cans before throwing them in the recycling. From my understanding, if something still has food waste still in it, they just throw it in the trash as they can't recycle it. It's the reason why they can't recycle pizza boxes after they've been used.

As for on the night, they were all just trash bins unfortunately, but with an event that large, it would have been impossible to have a recycling system. Also with how drunk the thousands of people were, I doubt any of them would have bothered to throw the bottles in the correct bins. Hell most didn't even bother to throw there rubbish in the bins at all, which was even more frustrating User Announcements (Part IV) - Page 37 385733
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Say (out loud) the name of the newest registered user.

I'm sorry but I lol'd
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:38 am

Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:55 am

Well apparently I did my job on New Years just a bit too well. I'd already gotten another job from them to work this Saturday from 8 p.m to 8 a.m, which did sound awful considering I've already seen the worst, but then I get a call an hour ago asking if I could also work Sunday from 9 p.m to 9 a.m. Naturally needing the money I reluctantly accepted. So over a 48 hour period, I will be working 24 of the 48 hours.

Let the fun begin.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:31 am

Listening while writing this. It's not my style of music, but I quite like it. Seems like something that I'd enjoy have nicely playing in the background while working in Blender, which I've returned to trying to learn.

-----------

On the topic of creating music, I feel that I've passed a milestone in my piano playing. Using my recent studies in music theory, I've created two songs on the piano this year. They are rather simple in their structure and are a bit predictable, but personally I'm able to believe they sound fairly good. And to be fair, I am after all still a beginner on the piano and even more so at creating music, so I try not to be hard on myself. I'm not confident enough to record them however, since I don't feel I can play them properly just yet. Perhaps after more polishing, I might try and record them, and then even later, perhaps upload them and get some opinions.

The milestone also includes that I've started to feel more free whenever I'm playing. It's less about pressing keys, and more about feeling the music now, if you know what I mean. It's a feeling that I've always known that I'd recognize, that I've missed and have been longing for ever since I started playing.

I've also continued practicing using Adobe Flash, which I haven't had the opportunity to do very much lately.

It's amazing how different I feel whenever I get a break from school. I become happy, imaginative, creative, awake, and content with life and myself. Creating in all these mediums - 3D, 2D, music and writing - makes me feel amazing, so I'm hardly looking forward to Tuesday when it's back to school, work, tiredness, stress and no free time again. Hopefully I will feel better about school when it starts becoming brighter during the days again, these dark winters are horrible.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:14 am

Not much of an exciting announcement...But I am back! Kinda. Not much of you will care however, just putting that out here. Laughing

Yeah. *cough*
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:30 am

MilkAndCookies wrote:Not much of an exciting announcement...But I am back! Kinda. Not much of you will care however, just putting that out here. Laughing

Yeah. *cough*

Welcome Back Milk of the Cookies! Smile

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 am

Welcome back MaC Smile
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Hey MaC nice to see you drop by Smile

Urgh, this job is murder. For the next two weekends the sydney festival is on. I worked on the first night of the sydney festival and the morning after. Worked from 9.a.m to 11:30p.m on the Saturday, went home, had 3 hours sleep, then head back into the city for another shift from 6 a.m to 5:00 p.m

In total over the two days I worked 25.5 hours.

And I get a call today asking if I could do basically the exact same shifts next weekend User Announcements (Part IV) - Page 37 885419
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:35 am

@Remi: My gosh, don't work yourself to death! Shocked

-------

Third day back at school, and I already feel like I can't go on for much longer. I struggle to make it through the day and I suddenly feel very depressed again, as opposed to how great I felt during the break. I hate school.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:43 am

Just got back to university, the internet's being funny already Razz I swear it has something against forummotion sites xD
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:45 am

User Announcements (Part IV) - Page 37 Best__idea__ever__by_bowsilent-d3j4pmy_large

Discuss.
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:19 am

@Marky: It should work well until you've taken some bites from the cookie and it becomes too small to reach when in the pocket, or until you realize that other kinds are too small to begin with. Not everyone would be able to fit their fingers down there. Plus, you might end up getting the cookie in your face when you try and have a sip from the coffee. Who came up with that thing? Laughing

And is that a Digestive? I finished eating a couple just a while ago.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:40 pm

@Marky: Well it does appear to be one of the more brilliant devices of the past century if I do say so. However my one small gripe with it is due to its shape, you only get half the tea as you would a normal cup and I can't have small cups of any kind of drink. Seeing as most biscuits are round and so is the cup, my solution would be to make a round slide out compartment near the base of the cup. That way you could still have a nearly full cup of tea, but still have a biscuit handy.

Work was fun on saturday. For reasons that son't need to be explained, I had to seperate garbage by hand, which included broken glass bottles. While doing so I slip and sort of plunged my hand into the garbage and broken bottles, managing to get a nice deep gash on my hand as well as a few cuts along my fingers. Again, helps that it was all covered in trash as well.

Got it cleaned and bandaged, and surprisingly it didn't actually hurt as much as I thought it would have, but I did spend the rest of the night wondering what the likelyhood of me having sepsis would have been. Three days later, so I think luckily I'm in the clear of that danger.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:51 am

Is it normal to spend almost the entire afternoons/evenings after school just trying to figure out what in the world you have the energy left to do besides lying in bed? If it's not, then I could suddenly understand how our teachers can expect us to do homework.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:34 am

Damnagoras wrote:Is it normal to spend almost the entire afternoons/evenings after school just trying to figure out what in the world you have the energy left to do besides lying in bed? If it's not, then I could suddenly understand how our teachers can expect us to do homework.
Go outside for a run or start a workout and you'll get energy out of nowhere. I'm the least athletic person you could run into but even I find myself with a bit more energy and enthusiasm after a brisk walk in the nearby woods.

It also helps clear the head to ponder about other things in life than homework.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:22 pm

I typically take plenty of walks during the weekends, but I haven't really considered taking any in the weekday afternoon, I'll admit... I've trusted that running the distance home from the bus stop instead of just walking, having dinner, a mug of cofee and then properly resting for half an hour would make me about as alert as I could get after an entire day at school. Plus that I have exercised fairly regularly since a couple of months back.

But so far they, added together, often only give me enough to sit up in a chair and maybe enough for me to feel like doing something I find fun. You wouldn't think playing games would require much in terms of energy, but I actually feel too tired to play anything most days. So trying to do homework is completely hopeless.

After googling around for a while, I feel more assured that taking a walk would be a great idea. But I'm not sure when to take it though - after eating and resting, or before all that? I think after.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next